Sen. Paul: Republicans Will 'Destroy the Party' by Convicting Trump

Of course. It would make America a one Party system for many years to come.

Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday said he's not excited by the transfer of power to incoming President Joe Biden, but he is glad for a peaceful transformation, as that is "incredibly important."

However, the Kentucky Republican insisted on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" that if Senate Republicans and leaders go along with Trump's impeachment and conviction after he's left office, it will be devastating to the party.

"I think it's a huge mistake," he said. "I think it is a hugely partisan exercise on the part of the Democrats. But for Republicans who go along with it, I think they will destroy our party."

Trump, he added, "isn't everything in the party but he brought a lot of people to the party. It is a huge mistake for people to say oh well we're just going to impeach him and then all of the blue-collar workers he brought to our party will stay? No, quite a few of them will be unhappy."

Paul also said that he believes with Biden coming into office, the country reverses the direction it had taken under President Donald Trump, under whom moves were being taken to get the government out of the way of business.

"It is hard for me to believe anybody in the country would want the thing that Biden is proposing," Paul said. "If we raise the corporate income tax here in America, companies will go overseas ... if you mandate what the wages are, mandate a minimum wage of $15. Not like everybody gets $15. The people who still have a job get $15. Many people will become unemployed."

He's oh so right. Biden is supposed to be a moderate?? He looks more like a hard lefty like his whore of a VP. His first day was a hum dinger. If that was his shot at unifying the country then he's a bigger jack ass than he appears to be.

Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday said he's not excited by the transfer of power to incoming President Joe Biden, but he is glad for a peaceful transformation, as that is "incredibly important."

However, the Kentucky Republican insisted on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" that if Senate Republicans and leaders go along with Trump's impeachment and conviction after he's left office, it will be devastating to the party.

"I think it's a huge mistake," he said. "I think it is a hugely partisan exercise on the part of the Democrats. But for Republicans who go along with it, I think they will destroy our party."

Trump, he added, "isn't everything in the party but he brought a lot of people to the party. It is a huge mistake for people to say oh well we're just going to impeach him and then all of the blue-collar workers he brought to our party will stay? No, quite a few of them will be unhappy."

Paul also said that he believes with Biden coming into office, the country reverses the direction it had taken under President Donald Trump, under whom moves were being taken to get the government out of the way of business.

"It is hard for me to believe anybody in the country would want the thing that Biden is proposing," Paul said. "If we raise the corporate income tax here in America, companies will go overseas ... if you mandate what the wages are, mandate a minimum wage of $15. Not like everybody gets $15. The people who still have a job get $15. Many people will become unemployed."
Might be the Democrats and the RINOs game plan

It would be wise of those Rino neocon Republicans to stop backstabbing President Trump. They will be weeded by primarying them out the way in 2022.

Its important that they distance themselves from Trump.. He's an albatross for the party.
no.

Trump is a vengeful liar and a cheat.. He's also utterly without principles and ethics in addition to being dumb as dirt. The party is better off without him.
75+ million voters disagree with you.

Biden won by 8 million voters and more than 50 EC votes. Trump threw away his presidency, sabotaged his reelection and destroyed his legacy and he did it all by himself.. No one could stop him.
So says the sockpuppet America hating paid shill.

I wish that to be true but as I sad before,if the dems can get away with election fraud once they can get away with it again and again,you got to be realistic,if he could not prevent it as president while in office,how will he stop it while running again being out of office? I just don’t see it.

Trump is part of the problem.
Natural Citizen Not that I’m a trump supporter,I never wanted him in office cause I have always said both parties are corrupt and one in the same,as you saw I took everybody to school that the fraud Kenyon Obama was even more evil than his pal warmonger bush was.you know as I do that I despite what these shills say,Obama expanded all of bush’s policys and was much a warmonger as bush was.I never wanted trump in office because as you know,both parties are corrupt and one in the same.

i wanted Gary Johnson but sense the alternative of warmonger mass murderer hitlery was the only alternative,like any patriot American did,I voted for trump the fact he was not a career politician thinking he might be differerent which he was in a few ways,while he did not get us out of the Mideast wars,he was the first president sense carter to not start any new ones,that’s a refreshing change from the previous five corrupt administrations we had.

The fact he came out and told the truth what no other president did that wars are always started so the defense contracters can profit made me feel hope he was differerent.plus the media along with the warmonger GOps as bush all hated him so I figured he must be doing something right especially sense the elite went out of their way with this massive vote fraud unlike anything in our history to make sure he did not get re-elected.the elite obviously were scared of him.

trump did lie to the people though thst he would drain the swamp and make americ great again,he was no differerent than Obama.same thing.he had four years to get rid of the cia,fbi and the fed and never lifted one finger.so much for draining the swamp.I point out those facts to angelo and he gets angry,the truth seems to hurt him. Trump was never serious about making america great again.

Biden is a globalist commie lover same as bush and Obama,a warmonger same as them.he is already injust one day of getting started,on his way to making america the communist states of America,he has already done two evil things in just one day already,Kamala will soon be potus,and Obama will look like a choir boy compared to what she has in mind to destroy America and make it a communist dictatership.the elite never had any intention ofbiden being potus for four years,he will be gone within a year.

Last edited:

They destroyed the party by nominating and enabling Trump.

I have bad news for you.

Trump already destroyed the party.

I wish that to be true but as I sad before,if the dems can get away with election fraud once they can get away with it again and again,you got to be realistic,if he could not prevent it as president while in office,how will he stop it while running again being out of office? I just don’t see it.

Trump is part of the problem.
Natural Citizen Not that I’m a trump supporter,I never wanted him in office cause I have always said both parties are corrupt and one in the same,as you saw I took everybody to school that the fraud Kenyon Obama was even more evil than his pal warmonger bush was.you know as I do that I despite what these shills say,Obama expanded all of bush’s policys and was much a warmonger as bush was.I never wanted trump in office because as you know,both parties are corrupt and one in the same.

i wanted Gary Johnson but sense the alternative of warmonger mass murderer hitlery was the only alternative,like any patriot American did,I voted for trump the fact he was not a career politician thinking he might be differerent which he was in a few ways,while he did not get us out of the Mideast wars,he was the first president sense carter to not start any new ones,that’s a refreshing change from the previous five corrupt administrations we had.

The fact he came out and told the truth what no other president did that wars are always started so the defense contracters can profit made me feel hope he was differerent.plus the media along with the warmonger GOps as bush all hated him so I figured he must be doing something right especially sense the elite went out of their way with this massive vote fraud unlike anything in our history to make sure he did not get re-elected.the elite obviously were scared of him.

trump did lie to the people though thst he would drain the swamp and make americ great again,he was no differerent than Obama.same thing.he had four years to get rid of the cia,fbi and the fed and never lifted one finger.so much for draining the swamp.I point out those facts to angelo and he gets angry,the truth seems to hurt him. Trump was never serious about making america great again.

Biden is a globalist commie lover same as bush and Obama,a warmonger same as them.he is already injust one day of getting started,on his way to making america the communist states of America,he has already done two evil things in just one day already,Kamala will soon be potus,and Obama will look like a choir boy compared to what she has in mind to destroy America and make it a communist dictatership.the elite never had any intention ofbiden being potus for four years,he will be gone within a year.

So you still think Obama was Kenyan? LOL. Do you have a US Passport? None of them are Communists.. You're just horribly ignorant. There was NO voter fraud.. trump had 60 chances to present evidence and he had NONE.

Maybe we can move from a bad and worse situation to ok and bad. Repubs are the party of stupidity and anger. Trump proved their policy is garbage. Huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, most pandemic deaths, failed tariffs....

Forum List

Back