Sen. Paul: Republicans Will 'Destroy the Party' by Convicting Trump

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Of course. It would make America a one Party system for many years to come.

Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday said he's not excited by the transfer of power to incoming President Joe Biden, but he is glad for a peaceful transformation, as that is "incredibly important."

However, the Kentucky Republican insisted on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" that if Senate Republicans and leaders go along with Trump's impeachment and conviction after he's left office, it will be devastating to the party.

"I think it's a huge mistake," he said. "I think it is a hugely partisan exercise on the part of the Democrats. But for Republicans who go along with it, I think they will destroy our party."

Trump, he added, "isn't everything in the party but he brought a lot of people to the party. It is a huge mistake for people to say oh well we're just going to impeach him and then all of the blue-collar workers he brought to our party will stay? No, quite a few of them will be unhappy."

Paul also said that he believes with Biden coming into office, the country reverses the direction it had taken under President Donald Trump, under whom moves were being taken to get the government out of the way of business.

"It is hard for me to believe anybody in the country would want the thing that Biden is proposing," Paul said. "If we raise the corporate income tax here in America, companies will go overseas ... if you mandate what the wages are, mandate a minimum wage of $15. Not like everybody gets $15. The people who still have a job get $15. Many people will become unemployed."

I like Dr. Paul , but I disagree with him on this. It would definitely change the Republican Party, but it wouldn't kill it.

Getting rid of the Deplorables and the Chumps would allow the GOP to adopt a semi-permanent 2nd place status in the politics of Americana.

The members of the party would be welcome members of the DC establishment, have a chance to recognize their place in the pecking order, and eventually, in 50-60 generations, they might actually have a chance to share in ruling and actually enacting some of their less vile policies.

Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday said he's not excited by the transfer of power to incoming President Joe Biden, but he is glad for a peaceful transformation, as that is "incredibly important."

However, the Kentucky Republican insisted on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" that if Senate Republicans and leaders go along with Trump's impeachment and conviction after he's left office, it will be devastating to the party.

"I think it's a huge mistake," he said. "I think it is a hugely partisan exercise on the part of the Democrats. But for Republicans who go along with it, I think they will destroy our party."

Trump, he added, "isn't everything in the party but he brought a lot of people to the party. It is a huge mistake for people to say oh well we're just going to impeach him and then all of the blue-collar workers he brought to our party will stay? No, quite a few of them will be unhappy."

Paul also said that he believes with Biden coming into office, the country reverses the direction it had taken under President Donald Trump, under whom moves were being taken to get the government out of the way of business.

"It is hard for me to believe anybody in the country would want the thing that Biden is proposing," Paul said. "If we raise the corporate income tax here in America, companies will go overseas ... if you mandate what the wages are, mandate a minimum wage of $15. Not like everybody gets $15. The people who still have a job get $15. Many people will become unemployed."

Yep, Trump has brought Republicans togather and they need to ignore his grotesque lies and instigation of violence to keep the party going. :rolleyes:

We should copy a page from the CCP and rather than start a new Party, take over the GOP the same way the Communists took over the DNC. Granted the Soviets started the DNC conversion back in 1984 so Xi had a system mostly in place when he ran Biden for the Presidency

Hell, the US Communist Party no longer runs their own candidate

Rand Paul is one of those twerps that everyone wants to punch. Trump is out to destroy the Republican party.. His sons say its now the Trump party.

The GOP needs to purge Trump from the party.... and I think they will convict him.

I find it humorous that Rand Paul is oblivious to the fact that Trump has already destroyed the Republican party. Him and every Republican who lacked the intestinal fortitude to stand up to his idiocy.

Rand Paul is a nincompoop.

Destroy it? No. More like an attempt at cleansing or elimination, like taking a dump and flushing out the assholes. You can't stay full of crap forever or you will poison yourself and die with it. When first introduced to their system, many wanted to puke it out and expel it from their system, but failed. It has been working it's way through the bowels of the body politic and now needs to be flushed down the drain so it does not continue to stink up the place. Then they should wash their hands well.

We should copy a page from the CCP and rather than start a new Party, take over the GOP the same way the Communists took over the DNC. Granted the Soviets started the DNC conversion back in 1984 so Xi had a system mostly in place when he ran Biden for the Presidency

My God your ignorance is astonishing.. Democrats today are like Eisenhower Republicans used to be.

My God your ignorance is astonishing.. Democrats today are like Eisenhower Republicans used to be.

Where on the Spectrum are you anyway?

Trump has 75 million LIVING voters that will jump ship. I'm sure of that. Going to be a lot of dead people cleaning this country up. though

OMG. That's it. Yer a scroll by. As worthless as tits on a bull.

Where on the Spectrum are you anyway?

Pretty moderate.. I was a Republican until right before Dubya invaded Iraq.

Forum List

Back