Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

... government manuals, announcements, publications, etc. being printed up in everything from Spanish to Farsi and Mandarin.......

Even with some useless declaration of an "official language," we would still do that as a matter of convenience.

Klobuchar doesn't want a wall on the Southern border, but she doesn't want one official language so we can all communicate with each other. Sounds like she's for divisiveness and not inclusion. As I've noted before I'm 50% Hispanic. I have had family members come here that don't speak English. My first bit of advice to them? "Start learning English". Klobuchar doesn't understand that she's not helping immigrants with $hit like this.

Klobuchar doesn't want a wall on the Southern border, but she doesn't want one official language so we can all communicate with each other. Sounds like she's for divisiveness and not inclusion. As I've noted before I'm 50% Hispanic. I have had family members come here that don't speak English. My first bit of advice to them? "Start learning English". Klobuchar doesn't understand that she's not helping immigrants with $hit like this.
I had 4 grandparents that came here from what is now Slovakia. Eventually they learned enough English to communicate. Their children were bilingual and their children speak only English. The process takes decades but that`s the way it works. We grandchildren know only a handful of Slovak words. Have a Dobre Den (good afternoon).

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Utter bullshit.
There's no motivation to learn English if all government functions are provided in various languages. We are a fractured society, and one of the chief reasons is we are separated by different languages here in our own country.

A common language is key, otherwise people tend to stay in their own group.

So?

Maybe we should force people to dress certain ways in the interest of some fantasy of cohesion being necessary.

Perhaps you should learn Spanish. What’s that? You don’t like being forced to do something in the interest of unity?

It’s a dumb idea; just like it’s a dumb idea to make others only speak or read English

I didn't say "FORCE" them.
I said they have no motivation to learn our common language, when there's no reason to.

If government and businesses would stick to one language in all of their communications, both printed, and verbal, all non-English speaking people would automatically be motivated to learn it !

Liberals hate unity, they want multiculturalism, they want an America made up of different groups who are alienated from one another.
If you want unity, language is the foundation, and the fact that you are against a one-language country screams that you are against unity !
You think people would be motivated to learn English in order to read government forms?

If English was solely throughout our official documents, our goods and services, our schools, all publications, it doesn't take a masters degree to see that non-English speaking people would be very motivated to learn the language in order to function well and compete.

Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Utter bullshit.
There's no motivation to learn English if all government functions are provided in various languages. We are a fractured society, and one of the chief reasons is we are separated by different languages here in our own country.

So?

Maybe we should force people to dress certain ways in the interest of some fantasy of cohesion being necessary.

Perhaps you should learn Spanish. What’s that? You don’t like being forced to do something in the interest of unity?

It’s a dumb idea; just like it’s a dumb idea to make others only speak or read English

I said they have no motivation to learn our common language, when there's no reason to.

If government and businesses would stick to one language in all of their communications, both printed, and verbal, all non-English speaking people would automatically be motivated to learn it !

Liberals hate unity, they want multiculturalism, they want an America made up of different groups who are alienated from one another.
If you want unity, language is the foundation, and the fact that you are against a one-language country screams that you are against unity !
You think people would be motivated to learn English in order to read government forms?

If English was solely throughout our official documents, our goods and services, our schools, all publications, it doesn't take a masters degree to see that non-English speaking people would be very motivated to learn the language in order to function well and compete.

Until they have to compete with someone who is multilingual.

Just curious, why is it so important to you? Do you really care that someone is being taught Spanish in 7th grade?

Utter bullshit.

So?

Until they have to compete with someone who is multilingual.

Just curious, why is it so important to you? Do you really care that someone is being taught Spanish in 7th grade?
Let them learn English first. You don't like it, get out of here.

Lie.

Utter bullshit.

So?

They are more highly motivated than you seem to realize.

She is correct.

Why?

So what should be the Official Language of the United States of America?

Nothing. We've never had one and never needed one.

I bet she " candycorn " would be fine with Spanish as the National Language...

I had this discussion with my brother a few years back when he told me English was the National Language and boy he was taken back when he realized how wrong he was...

I say it should be French or better yet Cambodian but alas I am just insane...

What would be the down side of recognizing English as our national language, beside
causing leftists to crap themselves in anger and consternation?

Frankly there would be none, and pissing off Alinsky-ites doesn't really have a down side.

Forum List

Back