Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Klobuchar just announced she doesn't want to be President
Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
Is Vegas an extension of the UAE now? Is she pandering as a sellout for more financing?

Klobuchar is pandering to the vast Hispanic influence in Nevada when she reverses her own position on English as the national language.

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.
Agreed

A common language is one of the things that unites us

Last edited:
Klobuchar is pandering to the vast Hispanic influence in Nevada when she reverses her own position on English as the national language.

We are already united with a common language. If you want to succeed in this country you need to learn English. Nothing has changed.

Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Following independence there was an unsuccessful move to make German the official language of the United States

think of how history might have changed of that happened

Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.
That means her entire chain of command must be fluent in HER language to prevent possible miscommunication that could have deadly consequences

Fortunately for her it isn't.

Next fauxrage please.

Lie.

That means her entire chain of command must be fluent in HER language to prevent possible miscommunication that could have deadly consequences

Uh, no it doesn’t.

She is correct.
Just adding ore reasons to kill each other if it ever gets to it. The tower of Babel is an example and many wars also. One language as the major one used by all and other languages by different cultures for their own pleasure and with those who can speak the same..

We are already united with a common language. If you want to succeed in this country you need to learn English. Nothing has changed.
Then what is Klobuchar blathering on about if what you say is true?
It's obvious the Hispanic political advisors she listens to don't agree with you or Klobuchar wouldn't have stuck her foot in her mouth so soon after making a decent showing in New Hampshire.

Outside of radical unions like the SEIU, that I'm sure are smiling and applauding her statement, I don't see much
national call for her position and she has just thrown a roadblock in her own way after making political ground. Smart!

I think the people who fume when looking at federal forms in dozens of different languages would appreciate what the 2007 version of Amy Klobuchar called for...recognition by the government of English as our one official language in law as well as in practice.

The cost of multilingualism is absurd. Fact Sheets: Costs of Multilingualism
Just one more "blessing" of open borders and lax immigration policies.

Many nations are bi-lingual but by CHOICE and NOT in an official capacity. I think all kids should be forced to be bi-lingual before they get their "recieved 12 years of babysitting" degree. The second is THEIR choice. Chinese descent ? OK Mandarin. South ? Spanish. OK. Yankee in the north/mid/west ? French ? Same for Loozeryanner. Family history of Ruskie or Pollock ? A Slavic type(if available) is OK.Ambitions of import/export ? Look who your potential employers need most and get after it before college(if do-able). Bible goer or career ? Greek. Heb, Aramaic ?, where available.In 2020 not knowing some of another language is a declaration of ignorance. Us oldies had a hard tome making that happen. Kids today have it at a fingertip.....when they aren't on social media day and night.
It should be DEMANDED. They dont learn anything else. One useful item would be a winner for all.Go to Europe one time. Man those folks have a grasp on many local languages

Lie.

Uh, no it doesn’t.
I think it does

the chances for miscommunication are endless when a spanish speaker is involved

the command was

“Wait to detonate the explosive till when the convoy passes“

But Sgt Jones dont savvy spanish lingo so good and he tells her

“Espere a detonar el explosivo hasta cuando pase el convoy”

and Americans die

Forum List

Back