Sen. John McCain, who is fighting brain cancer, discontinues medical treatment, family says

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The family of longtime Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, said Friday that he has chosen to discontinue medical treatment for brain cancer.

"Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment. Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John's many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all," the family said in a statement.'

Sen. John McCain, who is fighting brain cancer, discontinues medical treatment, family says

In other words - he will be dead soon.

Very sad.

I realize he has led a long and amazing life already. But I always wish people would die of 'natural causes' rather then due to an illness/condition.

May his last days be as pleasant as can be hoped.

RIP to a once GREAT senator
mccain-gop-love-war.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

You will be missed :(

Had a friend go through this cancer 10 years ago. Very sad. My prayers for strength and comfort for John McCain along with his 106-year-old mom, wife, and rest of family.

He has decided it's time. I wish him an easy painful exist.

MODS PLS. REMOVE ONE--DIDN'T MEAN TO POST TWICE!

'The family of longtime Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, said Friday that he has chosen to discontinue medical treatment for brain cancer.

"Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment. Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John's many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all," the family said in a statement.'

In other words - he will be dead soon.

Very sad.

I realize he has led a long and amazing life already. But I always wish people would die of 'natural causes' rather then due to an illness/condition.

May his last days be as pleasant as can be hoped.

McCain was OK through much of his life but his career didn't end that way. I won't be sorry to see him go WHATSOEVER and his demise can only be a good thing for the GOP.

God bless ya man. I didn't agree with you on a lot of things - but unlike todays common Trumptard .. You had integrity.

3-2-1 for some of the cruelest responses we've seen around these parts.

This might not be the right time to ask, but did he ever resign from the Senate? Will he be replaced in November or is he not up for another 2 years?

New Topics

Forum List

Back