Sen. Collins says no to ACB- political result?

Libs lobbied the senator extensively, and she responded with a "nay" vote last night.
Now, will libs do the right thing and get behind the broad in her tight bid for reelection?

You have no clue what really happened. Collins knew that the GOP had enough votes without her vote, so they let her appease her liberal base with a nay vote for appearances. If they actually had needed her vote she would have given it, as she did with Kavanaugh. She is in a tight race in a liberal state and the GOP let her do this.

Here's the problem with your scenario......

Susan Collins just said NAY to only the 5th WOMAN ever to be on the Supreme Court. She will get no love from women going forward.
Hell hath no fury....

She cannot EVER shake off that stigma. Makes no difference WHY shed did it...only that she DID
I predict her political carrer is over. Let's see what happens.

Women are not going to vote for Republicans anyway.

I did

Libs lobbied the senator extensively, and she responded with a "nay" vote last night. Now, will libs do the right thing and get behind the broad in her tight bid for reelection?
  • Susan is well on her way of making next RINO Of The Year! I'm sure the Dems will be showering her with praise.
  • A real shame that a girl of this quality cannot be celebrated as a victory for women AND the court. Instead, it was politicized to the max with the entire DNC voting against her (after the GOP supported Kagan and Sotomayor).
  • A lot of people were pissed that Trump had to be right in there at the swearing in. Usually, presidents don't do that. The optics ain't good.

Show her sorry ass the highway.

Dude anyone that understands politics would not say that.
Her Vote wasn't needed - she had a pass from McConnel to vote no.
She is in a tough race in Maine to hold her seat.
Can't help Govern is you don't win.
She votes support for Trumps positions about 2/3 of the time.
She proved herself with her Kavanaugh strength.
If so it seems to me that would be very risky because then all the dummies like me won't vote for her.

Do you live in Maine?
No, I live in Texas.

If so it seems to me that would be very risky because then all the dummies like me won't vote for her.

Do you live in Maine?
No, I live in Texas.

So you can't vote against her -
That's good.

Libs lobbied the senator extensively, and she responded with a "nay" vote last night.
Now, will libs do the right thing and get behind the broad in her tight bid for reelection?

You have no clue what really happened. Collins knew that the GOP had enough votes without her vote, so they let her appease her liberal base with a nay vote for appearances. If they actually had needed her vote she would have given it, as she did with Kavanaugh. She is in a tight race in a liberal state and the GOP let her do this.

I have to agree. Her vote wasn't needed but her liberal base was.

Smart decision on her part.
Smart if you’re a scumbag politician, who only cares about getting re-elected.

This will make no sense to you - I get that
One has to be elected to be able to Govern.

Here's the problem with your scenario......

Susan Collins just said NAY to only the 5th WOMAN ever to be on the Supreme Court. She will get no love from women going forward.
Hell hath no fury....

She cannot EVER shake off that stigma. Makes no difference WHY shed did it...only that she DID
I predict her political carrer is over. Let's see what happens.

Women are not going to vote for Republicans anyway.

What makes you think that?
Have you ever looked at a Trump rally?

You either have principles or you don't. She is going to lose anyway so why didn't she just do the right thing?

I think the right thing is making sure we keep the senate. You would throw away the senate over a single vote. Not smart
While that is the smart "Political" play, it is that kind of thinking that keeps us with very substandard people in office.

Explain that
It is 'group' think. The kind of thought that goes, "If we want to keep the conservative agenda going, we need to ensure the GOP remains in power." Never once stopping to realize that the GOP is not conservative and that when we compromise values for the 'group' we get the government we deserve.

Or have you never noticed that in each election cycle for the past 40 years, every two years like clockwork, we are told, "This is the most important election ever! If you don't vote for us, America is going to burn....BURN!"

Then, not six months later, the people who said they were going to stop the evil, show how little backbone they really have.

I agree, but we need 51 Republicans to hold the Senate without Pence as the deciding vote.......if Trump wins, he may have a chance to replace Breyer, and Thomas would have 2 years to retire and be replaced by a real justice, or end up being replaced by a fascist democrat...not to mention all the lower court appointments that won't be approved if the democrats have the Senate....

The time to get rid of rinos is during the primaries....get rid of rinos in the primaries and democrats in the general election.....that is the sequence that needs to be followed.

What is wrong with Thomas?

That was too little too late. She is likely toast.

So, as I suggested, her vote doesn't please libs at all, so it was pointless. All she did was alienate some GOP voters.

She may have kept the independents and any Intelligent Republicans understood her vote.

So, as I suggested, her vote doesn't please libs at all, so it was pointless. All she did was alienate some GOP voters.

She may have kept the independents and any Intelligent Republicans understood her vote.

The Republicans would already be voting for her. She needs to gain votes in excess of the amount she is alienating by the move.

The Republicans would already be voting for her. She needs to gain votes in excess of the amount she is alienating by the move.

Jesus Christ

Do you live in Maine?
No, I live in Texas.

That's good.
I requested an absentee ballot...

I have to agree. Her vote wasn't needed but her liberal base was.

Smart decision on her part.
Smart if you’re a scumbag politician, who only cares about getting re-elected.

This will make no sense to you - I get that
One has to be elected to be able to Govern.
You can’t think outside the duopoly. Sadly, you aren’t alone.

She didn't alienate anyone. Biden has a double digit lead statewide.

That POS RINO needs to go.

She didn't alienate anyone. Biden has a double digit lead statewide.

The most recent poll in Maine was 2 weeks ago , Sleepy Joe up 50-40. Even if you assume that the numbers are valid, Collins needs the 40% of voters that are solid in the Trump column to cobble together a majority. Her vote against one of the only broads ever nominated to the Supreme Court isn't going to help.

they aren't going to get behind her but if she by chance wins she needs to be primaries out if she runs again
Granted she can't be expected to vote with Republicans when leftists whine like a bitch but we're going to need every Republican we can get

Do you live in Maine?
No, I live in Texas.

That's good.
I requested an absentee ballot...

O I C

She is a Republican Senator in a close race in a blue state McConnell knew he had the votes and could afford to let her vote no so she could have political cover in her reelection bid. Barrett is on the Supreme Court and this could very possibly be a tipping point in helping Collins keep her seat and the Republicans the Senate if this comes to pass I would call that a win win.

She is a Republican Senator in a close race in a blue state McConnell knew he had the votes and could afford to let her vote no so she could have political cover in her reelection bid. Barrett is on the Supreme Court and this could very possibly be a tipping point in helping Collins keep her seat and the Republicans the Senate if this comes to pass I would call that a win win.

Thank you.

Forum List

Back