Self-Proclaimed Liberal Talk Show Host Margery Eagan Joins the Tea Party

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I listen to this lady on the radio in the mornings every other day and usually she drives me crazy. She once got me fired up enough with her anti-tea partier comments that I called the show, got through, and challenged her to go to a tea party to which she laughed and made more snide comments about the tea partiers. I told her that as a real liberal she should have an open mind and actually attend a teaparty instead of behaving in the way she has chided many conservatives for doing in the past on her show. This was last year.

I've hear other people call and say the same things to her and her on air partner before and since I did the same.

Well she took us up on the challenge and recently wrote this article

Don’t be afraid to try the Tea - BostonHerald.com

The other day on her show she announced she is now a proud Tea Partier herself becuase she doesn't want to watch the country go bankrupt.

Guess who was at the boston tea party today? Thats right Margeru was there. Who was on the radio this morning denouncing the misconceptions, little liberal margery..who was denouncing the loons that are tagging along with the tea parties, thats right again margery (along with myself and the majority of the tea partiers)

Dont believe me that she is liberal read something by her or go to the 96.9 Wxtk homepage and listen to her for a few minutes.

I find it encouraging that a liberal who, when she is doing her radio show, can drive me crazy with her positions feels the same as myself on the fiscal future of this country. Also that she, like myself, decided joining a local tea party is an excellent way to express this concern.

I listen to this lady on the radio in the mornings every other day and usually she drives me crazy. She once got me fired up enough with her anti-tea partier comments that I called the show, got through, and challenged her to go to a tea party to which she laughed and made more snide comments about the tea partiers. I told her that as a real liberal she should have an open mind and actually attend a teaparty instead of behaving in the way she has chided many conservatives for doing in the past on her show. This was last year.

I've hear other people call and say the same things to her and her on air partner before and since I did the same.

The other day on her show she announced she is now a proud Tea Partier herself becuase she doesn't want to watch the country go bankrupt.

Guess who was at the boston tea party today? Thats right Margeru was there. Who was on the radio this morning denouncing the misconceptions, little liberal margery..who was denouncing the loons that are tagging along with the tea parties, thats right again margery (along with myself and the majority of the tea partiers)

Dont believe me that she is liberal read something by her or go to the 96.9 Wxtk homepage and listen to her for a few minutes.

I find it encouraging that a liberal who, when she is doing her radio show, can drive me crazy with her positions feels the same as myself on the fiscal future of this country. Also that she, like myself, decided joining a local tea party is an excellent way to express this concern.

Kudos on your tenacity!

Keep up the pressure...it appears to be cumulative.

Remember a year ago all the left wingers creating threads about the end of the Republican party, and all the advice as to what Republicans should do to remain relevant?

What happened to those voices?

It is nice to hear that logical thinking is still in process and that people are willing to change their opinions when they feel they are exposed to new and enlightening opinions. I don't agree with Eagan siding with the tea-party, but i highly respect her for not blindly attacking anyone who tries to change her opinion.

I think that Eagan is an example in listening to opposition, and that the likes of Keith Olberman and Rush Limbaugh could learn from.

My aunts cousins sister was a liberal and went to a tea party and she saw the light. She now is against our government going bankrupt. She even gave up her paid vacations, labor day vacation, every hour over 40 time and a half, maternity leave, and she even vowed never to protest in a public park or walk on a sidewalk. She even signed her 12 year old boy to work at a cotton gin for $.12 an hour. And if there is a fire at her home she vows to use the bucket brigade.

It is nice to hear that logical thinking is still in process and that people are willing to change their opinions when they feel they are exposed to new and enlightening opinions. I don't agree with Eagan siding with the tea-party, but i highly respect her for not blindly attacking anyone who tries to change her opinion.

I think that Eagan is an example in listening to opposition, and that the likes of Keith Olberman and Rush Limbaugh could learn from.

Her Co-Host HATES the tea parties but this morning he actually seems like he is changing his mind.

He said "I felt dirty doing so but I have to correct the other radio shows who said there were less than 1000 people there, it was more like 5,000 and @ 10:00am on a workday thats pretty impressive. I also have to say I was surprised by the type of people who were there, they were actually normal people and not what I was expecting"

The truth has a funny way of finding a way to surface doesn't it ;) :)

Forum List

Back