Seeking New Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Dec 22, 2006
While I still try to stop in every day, my time has been severely constrained with other projects lately. I'd like to find a dedicated, even-handed member of the community to assist in moderating duties.

Please post or PM your nominees.

I will post a poll for folks to vote from a selection of the nominees I receive.

Thank you.

Go for Right Wing Rules or Maineman. Maybe both? Perhaps they will restrain themselves?

I formally nominate two candidates. Kathianne and Roomney. Both are very educated and wise. There, Now wheres my money kathianne!?

Who said I wanted it?

Not interested son

You would ban everybody except yourself an your imaginary friends.
Then you would play Red State RUSH and the dittoheads in your head.

impeach-bush-poster.jpg

I am relatively new here and do not know any of you well enough to nominate anyone. I have however read a great number of your posts over the course of the last two and a half weeks and have some criteria I believe should be considered for potential moderators, as a mod at another political board (albeit much smaller in population) I think my perspective could be helpful in nominating and selecting a moderator.

1. Any moderator should have a history of refraining from personal attacks and name calling. IMO, the best way to be taken seriously as a moderator is to respect all members.

2. Regardless of your political views, you must be able to set them aside when dealing with conflicts no matter who is involved. Whether you agree with the views of whatever member you are dealing with doesn't matter. Their opinions are no less valid than yours or anyone elses and should have no bearing on your dealings as a moderator.

3. You must be able to set aside your personal opinions of members when dealing with their grievances. If you think they're a liberal whacko or a right wing nut or somewhere in between, it doesn't matter.

I believe these to be the three most important. Personally, I lean towards the "self policing" style of board moderation. I also don't believe in banning people.

Truthfully, I gather we are all adults here and as such we should be able to conduct ourselves in a reasonable fashion. Resolving our differences on our own should be everyone's goal. In my opinion, the less that the administrators and moderators have to do, the happier we'll all be.

I have only been here for a year and I would like to extend my congratulations to all the moderators who are doing such a superb job.

I would nominate OneDomino and Ms/Mrs Kathianne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back