Seeking New Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not have guest moderators, they could each do it for a month say, then have a vote as to who was best suited if indeed they want the job having tried it.:cool:

I also second Gunny.

I haven't read all of Bern's posts but from what I've read, I think Bern might do a decent job too. Probably the most civil and constructive rightie I've seen in a while.

The major problems I see with the board are people double posting threads, starting new threads when hundreds exist, and posting in wrong forums. Anyone who can fix that without driving posters away gets my vote.

I nominate baggage handlers of the world...:cool:

Wait....you mean professional baggage handlers or people who fell back on baggage handling because they didn't know how to work a camera? There's a difference in the degree of competency ya know.

I am sorry but I am forced to retract my nomination of Gumby and Dick McDick. They have made it obvious that neither has the imagination or the talent to be a mediocre moderator much less one that is needed for this board.

From what I have been told, gumby is staying very busy working hard at staying unemployed and Dick Mcdick is very close to getting his G.E.D. after 13 tries. If he passes this time, he will be promoted from burger flipping to running the fryer where he will be in charge of the Mcfish, Mchicken, and fries at the local 24 hour McDonalds. That will take McDick a while to figure out just how to run that machine without burning anyone so neither has the time anyway.

I do wish both of these boys luck......You can do it Dick! Study hard!

I am sorry but I am forced to retract my nomination of Gumby and Dick McDick. They have made it obvious that neither has the imagination or the talent to be a mediocre moderator much less one that is needed for this board.

From what I have been told, gumby is staying very busy working hard at staying unemployed and Dick Mcdick is very close to getting his G.E.D. after 13 tries. If he passes this time, he will be promoted from burger flipping to running the fryer where he will be in charge of the Mcfish, Mchicken, and fries at the local 24 hour McDonalds. That will take McDick a while to figure out just how to run that machine without burning anyone so neither has the time anyway.

I do wish both of these boys luck......You can do it Dick! Study hard!
Thanks for those kind words. I hope that my success can serve as an inspiration to you so that one day you'll be able to figure out how to take the lens cover off the camera and pursue your dreams of becoming a picture taker. My only fear is that you'll go blind trying to photograph the sun.

Thanks for those kind words. I hope that my success can serve as an inspiration to you so that one day you'll be able to figure out how to take the lens cover off the camera and pursue your dreams of becoming a picture taker. My only fear is that you'll go blind trying to photograph the sun.

Hey thanks Dick...... A word of advice for you. If you do somehow figure out a way to get that G.E.D., and if McDonalds does bring you over to the fryer......remember, really remember.......don't use your hands to scoop the fries out of the grease, use the basket.

Hey thanks Dick...... A word of advice for you. If you do somehow figure out a way to get that G.E.D., and if McDonalds does bring you over to the fryer......remember, really remember.......don't use your hands to scoop the fries out of the grease, use the basket.
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like you have experience.

BTW, my buddy just got his GED and applied for a job as a baggage handler...they said he was overqualified. :sad:

I guess we agree, kathy is nominated and will be the first female mod in history.

I guess you don't know that Kathianne has been a moderator and an Administrator on this very board for years. Jillian was a mod on Debatepolicy for a week or two......so I guess once again you have made an incorrect statement about something you know nothing about...nothing new here.:rolleyes:

Perhaps if people made serious suggestions, rather than turning this in to a joke thread, one might get further. Rather than a popularity contest it should also be someone that's able to seperate debates/arguments from duties.

At this point, I think your poll would have one name, no matter how many people have been mentioned in this thread. That would be Gunny.

Another suggestion would be to consider the people you THINK would make good Moderators, based on your own judgements and criteria, and then PM them asking if they're interested. Polls voting Mods in or out NEVER seem to work well. It makes for little more than a popularity contest.

Not even the steel plate in my head or the fact I sit in the corner of one room with my PC and watch the only entrance with a Claymore and Remington pump?:confused:

With the positives out of the way, what are the negatives?You seem to be the popular choice.

With the positives out of the way, what are the negatives?You seem to be the popular choice.

Having seen him Mod/Admin for a couple years, it's not a matter of popularity. He's fair. Pure and simple. He'd rather whip your ass in a debate, than ban you, which would only result in him essentially "throwing away his own toys".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back