Seeing religion through new eyes....

For example, I envision the Holy Ghost ad the engine / the power behind the message. The power itself
How do you see him ?
The Holy Spirit is used to represent the Plural manifestation of God's love, truth and peace among the people or the Church body and harmony between humanity Collectively.

God manifesting or speaking to us in First Person is as Father or Creator.

God manifesting to us in Second Person is through our connection with God through Jesus as the Son or Word of God made incarnate, the Spirit or Authority of God's Law as Justice which governs relations betweem neighbors as well as mediating between man and God as Justice, bringing Peace as the Holy Spirit.

God manifesting to us in Third Person is when we witness other people interacting in harmony and peace, so indirectly we experience God's love and grace as part of collective society.

This power of the Holy Spirit you talk about is that influence which brings harmony healing and peace we recognize as coming from God.

The light of God is overwhelming, it is total Unity, total Peace, total Love, total Bliss and being blessed with having that knowledge I do not fear physical death in this world. In fact, knowing this, I fear nothing. Problems are simply challenges to be overcome. Life here is good, Life there is everything.

They said that the bible was malleable, that it could mean different things in different times. That's why it's lasted so long. It fits any period...
The spirit will not contradict itself. A perfect man will have his end to be peace. A person trying and rationalize his violent way of thinking, reading the Bible, will not be perfect.

Christ came close though; his so-called followers not so much.

No such thing as a perfect man.
Jesus is perfect. The soul of a man will not be perfect, not able to be saved, had the peacful, forgiving Lord God be in their soul? The body is the thing that is not perfect, needing to put on incorruption.

Matthew 5:48 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Psalm 37:37 37Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

Jesus is perfect. The soul of a man will not be perfect, not able to be saved, had the peacful, forgiving Lord God be in their soul? The body is the thing that is not perfect, needing to put on incorruption.

Matthew 5:48 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Psalm 37:37 37Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
As I said, Jesus was close to being perfect. Had he been perfect, his message would have been perfectly clear and no one would have ever doubted his word.

Christ came close though; his so-called followers not so much.
Is that supposed to be some sort of "point"?

Christians accept they aren't perfect, and mankind is naturally quite evil and sinful.

There was no "gotcha" there...

As I said, Jesus was close to being perfect. Had he been perfect, his message would have been perfectly clear and no one would have ever doubted his word.
Let me guess, you also want the Kingdom of Heaven delivered to your doorstep as well without any sacrifice on your part.

You're free to hold weird standards and make up your own definitions of Christianity.. but don't expect Christians to take you seriously.

Christians accept they aren't perfect, and mankind is naturally quite evil and sinful.

No man that has ever lived is perfect; that would include Christ because he was a good and just man who was not without his faults. Remember the wrath he incurred when he visited the market place. And his followers, even less perfect, for declaring him a god.

That's a big " gotcha " !

No man that has ever lived is perfect; that would include Christ because he was a good and just man who was not without his faults. Remember the wrath he incurred when he visited the market place. And his followers, even less perfect, for declaring him a god.

That's a big " gotcha " !
LMAO

No, it isn't.

You can have all the theories you want about what Christ was, that's your right. However, they make no sense to the Christian faith, especially with what language was used in reference to Christ. You basically just wrote some fan fiction in 2021 and are demanding that all of the great intellects throughout history, such as St. Thomas Aquinas, were wrong, but you the keyboard warrior with a knee-jerk opinion are right.

It's such an uncompelling gripe you bring. It's seriously not worth the time.

LMAO

No, it isn't.

You can have all the theories you want about what Christ was, that's your right. However, they make no sense to the Christian faith, especially with what language was used in reference to Christ. You basically just wrote some fan fiction in 2021 and are demanding that all of the great intellects throughout history, such as St. Thomas Aquinas, were wrong, but you the keyboard warrior with a knee-jerk opinion are right.

It's such an uncompelling gripe you bring. It's seriously not worth the time.

You said it makes no sense to the Christian faith, I say the Christian faith makes no sense. The majority isn't always right, they often think they are, but it's seldom true. Beliefs are good when they serve you well, using beliefs to attack others is not serving your beliefs well. Christians are supposed to love everyone, even those that they believe are enemies.

You said it makes no sense to the Christian faith, I say the Christian faith makes no sense. The majority isn't always right, they often think they are, but it's seldom true. Beliefs are good when they serve you well, using beliefs to attack others is not serving your beliefs well. Christians are supposed to love everyone, even those that they believe are enemies.

You are free to say the Christian faith makes no sense. Nobody is stopping you.

Meanwhile, you speak the truth that Christians are called to love others. It doesn't mean they must agree with everyone, but, it's certainly a difficult thing to do sometimes. I'd imagine you don't strive for such higher morality.. perhaps a bit of appreciation is in order for those who do.

You are free to say the Christian faith makes no sense. Nobody is stopping you.

Meanwhile, you speak the truth that Christians are called to love others. It doesn't mean they must agree with everyone, but, it's certainly a difficult thing to do sometimes. I'd imagine you don't strive for such higher morality.. perhaps a bit of appreciation is in order for those who do.

I'll give you credit, that was a good answer on your part of the discussion, not the usual attacks I'm used to. Your feelings are genuinely noted, thank you, Stan.

The light of God is overwhelming, it is total Unity, total Peace, total Love, total Bliss and being blessed with having that knowledge I do not fear physical death in this world. In fact, knowing this, I fear nothing. Problems are simply challenges to be overcome. Life here is good, Life there is everything.
Yes, it is better to lead and motivate by love of truth and compassion for others, not fear or negative reactions against other people.

When you raised concern about "other people clinging to their own perceptions of God" as the ultimate sin, this seemed reactionary and biased.

The people I know most mature, enlightened and proactive in their spiritual growth understanding and relations seem "least concerned" about other denominations and more concerned about constructive effective ways to communicate and work together, regardless of beliefs and differences.

Stann if you have this type of universal inclusive outreach and approach, I applaud encourage and support you.

The difference in my perspective, in my experience I have found each person has some connection with this same universal angle or drive, regardless of their affilation or identity, and some bias or flaws keeping them from connecting more fully with others. We all become closer to universal truth by overcoming w where we run into biases or walls, and seek instead to capitalize on our common strengths and vision while correcting any problems or conflicts.

Again I support you in taking and fulfilling this path of universal inclusion.

I find it curious you take such exception to Christian teachings or followers.

I find Christian believers go through the same process as everyone else in establishing agreement on universal truth justice and peace, but have advantages when it comes to receiving rebukes and corrections between followers commiting to embody and enforce the same principles.

I find it most effective to address fellow Christians by citing common principles in the spirit of Christ, as when addressing fellow Constitutionalists citing those principles we commit to in common.

So this is the main reason I was curious that you took exception to Christian faith or followers and teachings, when in my experiences I have found this system to be advantageous in sharing mutual corrections to establish common truth by agreement.

I find it depends on each person's system what works most effectively to communicate universal truths and what doesn't work.

Regardless what system we use to communicate equally, I find we all benefit and grow in understanding by addressing both the beliefs we share in common as well as resolving differences in beliefs or biases.

If you have a bias against Christianity, I would like to explore that with you to find how to correct these problems and abuses you see with it.

I have a positive bias toward using the best of each system, including Christian, Constitutional and Buddhist principles I find to be universal.

I tend to use principles or process as taught in one of these three systems when relating to people regardless of their beliefs.

I am curious what system you use, and trust that we will align since we both take universal inclusive approaches.

Do you like the Bahai or the Unitarian Universalist approach?

Thank you and again I fully support encourage and join you in your spiritual outreach and quest to live by universal love and truth, and inspire others to do the same.

I believe Christianity is a powerful tool to help more people connect on this same goal and is not meant to be a stumbling block or barrier, but a means of building bridges to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Last edited:
Yes, it is better to lead and motivate by love of truth and compassion for others, not fear or negative reactions against other people.

When you raised concern about "other people clinging to their own perceptions of God" as the ultimate sin, this seemed reactionary and biased.

The people I know most mature, enlightened and proactive in their spiritual growth understanding and relations seem "least concerned" about other denominations and more concerned about constructive effective ways to communicate and work together, regardless of beliefs and differences.

Stann if you have this type of universal inclusive outreach and approach, I applaud encourage and support you.

The difference in my perspective, in my experience I have found each person has some connection with this same universal angle or drive, regardless of their affilation or identity, and some bias or flaws keeping them from connecting more fully with others. We all become closer to universal truth by overcoming w where we run into biases or walls, and seek instead to capitalize on our common strengths and vision while correcting any problems or conflicts.

Again I support you in taking and fulfilling this path of universal inclusion.

I find it curious you take such exception to Christian teachings or followers.

I find Christian belivers go through the same process as everyone else in establishing agreement on universal teith justice and peace, but have advantagadvantages

Forum List

Back