See we told you.. Mcdonalds is ordering 7K touch screen to replace cashiers

First time I saw that dynamic was in 1960. Small city radio station threatened with a walkout by "talent" did the math. Rented a primitive reel-to-reel/Seeburg jukebox mashup and eliminated three fulltime jobs. Also laid off a fourth employee and replaced him (it was a male) with a recent grad who was skilled at programming the punch-card/pin clock system.

Detroit Police officers start out at $14 per hour. McDonalds employees should make more?:cuckoo:

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

A lot of fast food chains could have easily done this already. Maybe they felt keeping people employed was more important, not that any lib would give them credit for that. It's the same with the Walmart greeters. They didn't need them, but offered senior citizens an easy job to earn extra cash. Now they are gone because of Obamacare.

How many more jobs will this administration kill?

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

A lot of fast food chains could have easily done this already. Maybe they felt keeping people employed was more important, not that any lib would give them credit for that. It's the same with the Walmart greeters. They didn't need them, but offered senior citizens an easy job to earn extra cash. Now they are gone because of Obamacare.

How many more jobs will this administration kill?

Fast food chains are already in the process of this. It started with that automatic drink machine.

Seeing that these touch screens are growing fastest in Australia where the minimum wage is $15.00 an hour gave me a laugh.

Look at it this way, if the minimum wage workers want to make a high minimum wage, they will have to get up off their do nothing asses and learn to repair touch screens.

And what do you suppose might be the outcome of such robotization?

Jobs will be lost.

Corporate profit will rise.

Government will increase benefits to the unemployed.

Corporate taxes must be increased to compensate.

Do you know of a likely alternative?

Corporation will move to where there is a motivated work force. India is calling.

I believe the two have nothing to do with each other. I would think that the next innovation will be ordering using a smart phone. That would allow ordering using a smart phone at the drive through window.

Last edited:
And the government doesn't require that all touchscreens join Obamacare.

I wanted to give you some rep for this awesome comment, but have to wait till tomorrow since I've given out too much today. LOL

So, true, that companies are doing whatever is necessary to avoid Obamacare. It's already killed so many middle class jobs.

Forum List

Back