Secular Egypt

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
“Turkey defines secularism as the principle that the state is equidistant from all religions. Secularism is definitely not atheism. I recommend that Egypt too adopt a secular constitution.” These are the words of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in a high-profile Egyptian television interview during his first visit to Egypt since the fall of Hosni Mubarak’s regime.

After landing to an enthusiastic welcome in Cairo, Erdogan spoke to Mona el Sali, Egypt’s most famous talk show host. His emphasis was on the issue of secularism and his comment in the taped interview that “secularism doesn’t mean being opposed to religion” caused a stir in the Islamic world, particularly in Egypt which is debating whether a new constitution should be secular or religious in nature.

“Secularism is definitely not atheism. I, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, am Muslim, not secular. But I am the prime minister of a secular country. In a secular regime people have the freedom to be religious or not,” he continued. “Don’t be afraid of secularism. I hope the new regime in Egypt will be secular.”
Don't Be Afraid Of Secularism... - Worldcrunch

In Egypt the Turkish PM also visited the leader of the Coptic Christians and invited him to Turkey
Turkish PM meets Coptic leader - AKPARTI ENGLISH

erdoganabbaspalestinest.jpg

Last edited:
iranwarnsagainstsecular.jpg

Iran warns against secularism for Arabs
Khamenei said the U.S. and NATO will try to dominate the future governments of Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and other nations in the Middle East. He urged those nations not to let this happen and to preserve their Islamic traditions.

Khamenei, however, urged Arabs to reject Western liberalism and form their governments solely on the basis of Islam. “To create a system is your big and key job, which is complicated and difficult.
Iran warns against secularism for Arabs - Hurriyet Daily News

screw Iran, let theses nations be free to produce a government free of religious intolerance and interferrence

In Libya the Turkish PM declared "the age of tyranny and dictatorship is over".
He said, that Turkey will build the Parliament Building of new Libya and restore Hospitals and Schools.
Turkey is with Libya
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/09/201191684141977425.html

Or like Al-Jazeera says: Turkey is determined to take new Libya under its wings.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnELfc9gF30]Turkey PM hails 'sacrifice' of Libyan people - YouTube[/ame]

Praying with Libyans and the Transitional Council in Martyrs square.
f16162237.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back