Secretary Pete takes questions from the podium as new documentary about his presidential campaign "Mayor Pete" is out Friday

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
will post the press conf later

The sharpest moments of tension come when Chasten and campaign aides push Buttigieg to open up, including about his identity as a gay man. In one subtly heartbreaking scene, Chasten is in their Des Moines hotel room, watching live coverage of the Iowa caucus returns. Bernie Sanders is on TV, speaking on stage surrounded by his wife and family, when Chasten says from the couch, “You’re gonna be the only candidate that didn’t have your spouse standing next to you.” Buttigieg doesn’t really respond. In a seated interview for the film, Chasten recalls the early days of their relationship. “I would say, ‘What’s going on in that head of yours?’ And he’s grown a lot, being able to verbalize. I think he’s learned to allow personal narrative to have more impact,” he tells Moss. “Opening up.”

In debate prep sessions, when Buttigieg rehearses his response to a police shooting of a Black man in South Bend, his senior adviser Lis Smith says, “He’s comin’ across like the fucking tin man up there.” When he talks about his experiences as a gay man, she tells him it’s like he is “reading a fucking shopping list,” she says. “You’re not, like, fucking an anthropologist here.”

“This is, like, a thing that you feel,” she says, as if literally reminding him.

will post the press conf later

The sharpest moments of tension come when Chasten and campaign aides push Buttigieg to open up, including about his identity as a gay man. In one subtly heartbreaking scene, Chasten is in their Des Moines hotel room, watching live coverage of the Iowa caucus returns. Bernie Sanders is on TV, speaking on stage surrounded by his wife and family, when Chasten says from the couch, “You’re gonna be the only candidate that didn’t have your spouse standing next to you.” Buttigieg doesn’t really respond. In a seated interview for the film, Chasten recalls the early days of their relationship. “I would say, ‘What’s going on in that head of yours?’ And he’s grown a lot, being able to verbalize. I think he’s learned to allow personal narrative to have more impact,” he tells Moss. “Opening up.”

In debate prep sessions, when Buttigieg rehearses his response to a police shooting of a Black man in South Bend, his senior adviser Lis Smith says, “He’s comin’ across like the fucking tin man up there.” When he talks about his experiences as a gay man, she tells him it’s like he is “reading a fucking shopping list,” she says. “You’re not, like, fucking an anthropologist here.”

“This is, like, a thing that you feel,” she says, as if literally reminding him.

Shouldn't Petey be involved with the Supply Chain problems that America is facing under our transportation system, that he is supposed to be running- instead of making documentaries?

Shouldn't Petey be involved with the Supply Chain problems that America is facing under our transportation system, that he is supposed to be running- instead of making documentaries?
I doubt anyone can fix it since it is a capitalist problem.

Shouldn't Buttplug be nursing those kids he bought off Ebay with his "husband"?

The uselessness of that defective shitstain can never be overstated.

Shouldn't Buttplug be nursing those kids he bought off Ebay with his "husband"?

The uselessness of that defective shitstain can never be overstated.

I would have a lot more respect for Butt Plug is he went on TV and told the people he and his bumbuddy really didn't adopt an innocent kid- but if they did the right thing and just hired midget actors to play the parts.

How made gay midgets in the theatre are out of work due to the pandemic? Wouldn't it have been the right thing to do to get a couple on the payroll?

New Topics

Forum List

Back