Second amendment sanctury led to Colorado massacre

Freedom!

MGM-Resorts-Las-Vegas-shooting.jpg
Freedom isn't free and the cost of freedom is not only pecuniary. I know this is hard for you to believe but there are crazies in the world. Or, stuff happens.

But the sheriff's department in El Paso county, where Mr Aldrich was arrested, has declared itself politically opposed to the law and refuses to let its officers petition for such orders except in special circumstances.

In 2019, it joined nearly 2,000 counties across the US in declaring itself a "Second Amendment Sanctuary", saying the red flag law "infringes upon the inalienable rights of law-abiding citizens".

If politically motivated law enforcement refuse to enforce the law then bad things happen. The sherriff should be tried as an accessory.
The survivors need to sue the sheriff's dept.

I think if you are 17 and you threaten to kill your parents and the police have to be called, that should go on record and be the reason you are maybe not allowed to purchase a gun.

Aldrich was arrested in June 2021 in connection with a bomb threat which led to a standoff at his mother’s home

If he made a bomb threat, that should be a reason why you can't get a gun for at least the next 5 or 10 years.

It is not immediately clear how the bomb threat case was resolved, but the Colorado Springs Gazette reported the district attorney’s office said no formal charges were pursued in the case.

They got to stop throwing these cases out. Charge them. Have a record of their crazy behavior and have that be the reason they don't get a gun.
So much for gun nuts saying we should enforce the laws already on the books.

So much for gun nuts saying we should enforce the laws already on the books.

I don't think the NRA would come to the defense of anyone who did something crazy and was charged with a felony for it. I'm assuming making a bomb threat is a felony? So charge him, find him guilty if he did it, and now he can't get a gun.

I might even be open for the guy being able to get his record expunged when he's 30 because he was 17 when it happened. He could be a different man. That would be for a judge to decide. But here's another thing I don't like. Only rich people with good laywers can do this. I know because I tried to get something expunged and my friend got his thing expunged. It's expensive. It shouldn't be. Money should have nothing to do with it. Should this person be allowed the 2nd amendment right to own a gun? If he's been a model citizen for 13 years why not right?

But then Republicans will say, "why did you give him his rights back?" if anything goes wrong. Their solution for all crime is to lock everyone up forever or execute them.

I don't think the NRA would come to the defense of anyone who did something crazy and was charged with a felony for it. I'm assuming making a bomb threat is a felony? So charge him, find him guilty if he did it, and now he can't get a gun.

I might even be open for the guy being able to get his record expunged when he's 30 because he was 17 when it happened. He could be a different man. That would be for a judge to decide. But here's another thing I don't like. Only rich people with good laywers can do this. I know because I tried to get something expunged and my friend got his thing expunged. It's expensive. It shouldn't be. Money should have nothing to do with it. Should this person be allowed the 2nd amendment right to own a gun? If he's been a model citizen for 13 years why not right?

But then Republicans will say, "why did you give him his rights back?" if anything goes wrong. Their solution for all crime is to lock everyone up forever or execute them.
that's a good point

Was this guy ever tried and convicted of a felony?

Maybe one of you all can help me out. Explain why Civil Asset Forfeiture laws are Constitutional, and Red Flag Laws are not.

No, they didnt. States Rights is a nuetral concept….democrata usedthe concept of states rights to push racism…,republicans use states rights to protect people from the democrat party abuse of the federal government.

That's true. They opposed school integration. Why do you think hundreds of Christian schools popped up?

That's true. They opposed school integration. Why do you think hundreds of Christian schools popped up?

They popped up because leftists destroyed the public school system, and attacked religious people.

I really want Freedom!

rawImage.jpg

It should be my right.

Is this the European Freedom you are talking about...

1669317189443.png

1669317229199.png

1669317389649.png

All gun murder in the United States for our entire 246 year history....?

Around 2,460,000......

The European Freedom?

They murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children......in 6 years.....

After they took away their guns......

So, please enlighten us about this concept of freedom you support...where 15 million people can be murdered in 6 years......more than in the entire history of gun murder in the U.S. over 246 years.....

Go ahead...we will wait...

Forum List

Back