SEC Caught destroying files on wallstreet firms to cover up eveidence of fraud!

MikeFrank

Jul 3, 2011
Imagine a world in which a man who is repeatedly investigated for a string of serious crimes, but never prosecuted, has his slate wiped clean every time the cops fail to make a case. No more Lifetime channel specials where the murderer is unveiled after police stumble upon past intrigues in some old file – "Hey, chief, didja know this guy had two wives die falling down the stairs?" No more burglary sprees cracked when some sharp cop sees the same name pop up in one too many witness statements. This is a different world, one far friendlier to lawbreakers, where even the suspicion of wrongdoing gets wiped from the record.

More : SEC Caught destroying files on wallstreet firms to cover up eveidence of fraud!

might be better to link to the actual article first, instead of another forum post that then links to the article, Mike. I'm just sayin.

To save time...
Is the SEC Covering Up Wall Street Crimes?
The words 'may have', and 'possibly' appear quite often in the article.

Essentially, there is a 'whistle blower', claiming this. The investigation is ongoing, as it should be. If the allegations are accurate, heads should roll... MANY heads. NOt, however, until due process has been followed.

The title of the OP is, misleading... a bit ;)

Wow...SEC bureaucrats destroying the evidence of their incompetence, ineptitude and outright malfeasance!?!???

Who do they think they are, the FBI/BATF?

Well its more like putting cats into place to protect the fish.

A good many SEC appointments came out of the very industry that they are supposed to be overseeing.

Kinda like deregulating without deregulating.:lol:

Wow...SEC bureaucrats destroying the evidence of their incompetence, ineptitude and outright malfeasance!?!???

A good many SEC appointments came out of the very industry that they are supposed to be overseeing.

And you have the nerve to call libertarians anarchists. :doubt:

Seeing that I've actually worked in the industry and know the game..I calls them as I sees them.

SEC is woefully underfunded and lousy with corruption.

But it's better then nothing. Which is what you "anarchists" want.

Seeing that I've actually worked in the industry and know the game..I calls them as I sees them.

Lol, better than nothing? Nothing would allow other law enforcement to be involved rather than a coverup agency hiding under the government flag!

If we had no SEC creating the false sense of security that duped investors into believing the system was fair & trustworthy citizens would have been far better off. The government created the 401k blind faith citizen investors who were lead to slaughter.

The SEC is the same entity that refused to impliment the protections in the GLBact that would have prevented this mess.

If we had no SEC creating the false sense of security that duped investors into believing the system was fair & trustworthy citizens would have been far better off. The government created the 401k blind faith citizen investors who were lead to slaughter.

Now the same bunch wants to privatize SS.

Idiots think the solution to corps abusing our trust of them by deregulating them is reason to further deregulate them.

When will these historically failed ideas ever die the death they deserve?

Idiots think the solution to corps abusing our trust of them by deregulating them is reason to further deregulate them.

I'm not sure what this sentence means. Can you rephrase it? In particular, what does 'corps abusing our trust of them by deregulating them' mean?

LMAO!!!...THEY'RE UNDERFUUUUNNNNNDEEEEED!...Just fuckin' shoot me now! :lmao:

Like ruling class criminals are such a much better deal than the common variety. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
until campaign finance is cleaned up, which doesn't seem like it'll be anytime soon due to Robert'$ Citizens United ruling, there will be cronies put in place.

Forum List

Back