Seattle's Homeless Jungle Update with Arrests

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
At 13, 16 and 17 they have thrown their lives away before it even began....

Teens Arrested In Mass Shooting At Seattle Homeless Camp

Teens Arrested In Mass Shooting At Seattle Homeless Camp
Updated February 2, 20169:01 AM ET Published February 2, 20167:17 AM ET
Bill Chappell
Twitter
ap_350184972500_wide-5c80944c3f963eea0d45e026703b95383e7a7c2f-s800-c85.jpg
i
The area under Interstate 5 in Seattle where a shooting took place last week. Police say they've arrested three teenagers in the case. Elaine Thompson/AP hide caption

toggle caption Elaine Thompson/AP
The area under Interstate 5 in Seattle where a shooting took place last week. Police say they've arrested three teenagers in the case.

Elaine Thompson/AP
Police have arrested three teenagers — ages 13, 16, and 17 — who are believed to have carried out last week's deadly attack on a homeless camp in Seattle known as "The Jungle." Two people were killed in the shooting; three more were hospitalized.

Last week, the authorities said they believed the victims were targeted; today, the AP reports that the police think the crime "stemmed from a drug-dealing dispute."

Seattle police say that its SWAT, homicide and gang units executed warrants related to the case Monday afternoon. A gun that was recovered will be tested to determine whether it matches ballistic evidence from the crime scene.

Last week, Seattle Mayor Ed Murray called the area where the crime took place "unmanageable and out of control."

Member station KUOW reported on the swath of land, where people camp:

"The Jungle's given name is the East Duwamish Greenbelt, but no one calls it that. It's been The Jungle since the 1930s, when the city's Hooverville shantytown extended to this stretch of woods. Such shantytowns were called hobo jungles, and The Jungle is believed to have retained its name.

"Interstate 5 has since moved in, providing both shelter from the rain and noise."

There was a story on the news a few days ago with a reporter interviewing some of the homeless. They had said the teens were 'known' around there. I'm not sure if they lived in the jungle or frequent visitors for drugs. But it was said the kids were known to be threatening &/or bullying to it's residents. Ending with a deal gone wrong. Probably the victims had tried to refuse to deal with the kids at the cost of their lives & safety to others.

I always thought Seattle and Portland had all those non profit foundations designed to feed, shelter, and help these people get back on their feet. Where are all the results?

There are several shelters & soup kitchens or charities to help them. Either they are at maximum capacity or have 'rules' that not everyone are willing to live by or they want to live on their own terms, not someone else's.

I always thought Seattle and Portland had all those non profit foundations designed to feed, shelter, and help these people get back on their feet. Where are all the results?

This is the result. Same as the projects in DC in the 60's. Look at what welfare has done to the country. Go to Fresno some time, Detroit, Chicago.... Welfare, drugs, prostitutes. Liberal utopia. And Sanders will save them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back