Seattle sued for wrongful death

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
IMHO, the city gov't for any US city, large and small, is primarily responsible to provide for the safety and security of it's citizens, to the extent it is possible. And when they don't do that, such as in Seattle last year when they allowed a CHAZ/CHOP district to exist for a number of weeks, then they should be held liable for their failure to do their jobs. I wonder if we're going to see a lot of wrongful death and damage lawsuits springing up all across the country. Even if nobody died, if the city stands back and allows my business to be destroyed, shouldn't the city be liable for that decision? I say YES.

The mother of a 19-year-old who was fatally shot last summer in Seattle’s so-called CHOP zone filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city, claiming medics failed to provide prompt aid and encouraged the unsafe conditions.

Q13 Fox reported that that suit was filed on behalf of Lorenzo Anderson’s mother, Donnitta Sinclair. The lawsuit claimed that the city’s decision to abandon the East Precinct near the Capitol Hill Organized Protest and provide protesters with portable toilets enabled the violence.

Several people called 911 to report the June 20 shooting, records show. Fifteen minutes later, several police officers entered the protest zone and "were confronted by an aggressive and volatile crowd," according to documents filed against Marcel Long, 18, who was charged with first-degree murder.

Anderson was transported by volunteer medics to Harborview Medical Center, where he died, according to the Seattle Fire Department. City medics had staged nearby, but authorities said the scene was too dangerous for them to enter without police securing the area, reports said.

Mark Lindquist of the Herrmann Law Group, which is representing Sinclair, told King 5 the suit can be distilled down to two main points.

"Number one, the city created a dangerous environment when it deserted the East Precinct in the CHOP area," he said. He continued, "And then number two, after Lorenzo was shot, the city didn't get medical assistance to him even though there was a Medic One truck just a block and a half away from where he was bleeding."

I think they have a solid case and I am suspecting they will try to settle out of court. I hope Seattle pays millions for allowing the danger to persist.

IMHO, the city gov't for any US city, large and small, is primarily responsible to provide for the safety and security of it's citizens, to the extent it is possible. And when they don't do that, such as in Seattle last year when they allowed a CHAZ/CHOP district to exist for a number of weeks, then they should be held liable for their failure to do their jobs. I wonder if we're going to see a lot of wrongful death and damage lawsuits springing up all across the country. Even if nobody died, if the city stands back and allows my business to be destroyed, shouldn't the city be liable for that decision? I say YES.

The mother of a 19-year-old who was fatally shot last summer in Seattle’s so-called CHOP zone filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city, claiming medics failed to provide prompt aid and encouraged the unsafe conditions.

Q13 Fox reported that that suit was filed on behalf of Lorenzo Anderson’s mother, Donnitta Sinclair. The lawsuit claimed that the city’s decision to abandon the East Precinct near the Capitol Hill Organized Protest and provide protesters with portable toilets enabled the violence.

Several people called 911 to report the June 20 shooting, records show. Fifteen minutes later, several police officers entered the protest zone and "were confronted by an aggressive and volatile crowd," according to documents filed against Marcel Long, 18, who was charged with first-degree murder.

Anderson was transported by volunteer medics to Harborview Medical Center, where he died, according to the Seattle Fire Department. City medics had staged nearby, but authorities said the scene was too dangerous for them to enter without police securing the area, reports said.

Mark Lindquist of the Herrmann Law Group, which is representing Sinclair, told King 5 the suit can be distilled down to two main points.

"Number one, the city created a dangerous environment when it deserted the East Precinct in the CHOP area," he said. He continued, "And then number two, after Lorenzo was shot, the city didn't get medical assistance to him even though there was a Medic One truck just a block and a half away from where he was bleeding."

I am shocked you don't see more lawsuits, especially when illegal immigrants engage in crime while waiting for their court dates.

It so ?? Then he got what he deserved and his white trash family is trying to rob Seattle

The son was a rascal anarchist who lived in the zone ???

I don't know anything about him, but it really doesn't matter.

" It so ?? Then he got what he deserved "

We don't get to decide who deserves medical treatment and who doesn't.
Very difficult and dangerous to properly enter this illegal zones .

True. which is why that zone should never have been allowed to exist. And the responsibility for that rests with the Seattle local gov't. They were derelict in their duty and should be held accountable for that. I hope the mother gets a truckload of money, whether her son was a dirtbag or not.

True. which is why that zone should never have been allowed to exist. And the responsibility for that rests with the Seattle local gov't. They were derelict in their duty and should be held accountable for that. I hope the mother gets a truckload of money, whether her son was a dirtbag or not.
She deserves zero !!

It's all C.H.A.D.Z. fault
download-93.jpg

The fire department would not go into the area without the police to go in with them, the protesters would allow the fire department but not the police. The city of Seattle should have never allowed this occupation to occur and create this circle of danger.

The fire department would not go into the area without the police to go in with them, the protesters would allow the fire department but not the police. The city of Seattle should have never allowed this occupation to occur and create this circle of danger.
Seattle did !! Why !! Seattle is a dead city

Forum List

Back