Seattle struggles with police shortage after 'defund' movement as 100 officers leave force

My local BJs did just that, even before the pandemic. One such homeless or crazy was a strange guy with tiny, soft hands who actually did okay on the cash register, but looked ---- fragile. He didn't last long.

Another did okay on the cash register too (they must train these people somewhere) but he dressed in truly regrettable clothes, very dirty and he SMELLED --- you could smell him ten feet away before you got to the counter. It was clear he hadn't bathed or changed clothes --- ever. I didn't bother to complain, as it was obvious he wouldn't be there long, and he wasn't there next time I came.

They don't work out; they just aren't able.
Right, they aren't. There is more to a job than just showing up. One has to have a structure in place for hygiene, meals, clothing, etc. And untreated mental illness is usually a deal breaker, too.

Funding is just the last straw on the camels back. Forget the west coast. We are having the same problems here. The left has attacked and demonized our police officers to the point nobody wants the job any longer. Not long ago it was the cops against the bad guys. Now it's cops against the good guys and the bad guys. Who wants a job like that?
Yea, who wants a job where they are held accountable for what they do. If they are offering 30K how in the hell are they being defunded? Not long ago the cops could do no wrong in the eyes of those who want them to handle black and brown folks by any means necessary.

And let's not forget the freaks and weirdos. They found an inviting home in the Democrat party.
1658097771553.png

Where they'll get clobbered.

There's an ugly mood in the 'burbs right now.

Yup. I have a feeling that once they take it to the burbs there will be a lot of smelly antifa.

And Seattle was scheduled for the Consent Decree but one of the very first things Rump did was cancel the program. The cities that were involved in it had protests but zero riots like Newark NJ. Rump needed the Riots to burn his fires. He deliberately tried to burn down America. Just one more reason he was fired and we can't afford to have him back again.

You forgot RussianRussiaRussia Ukraine the pee pee tapes and Putin war!

Yup. I have a feeling that once they take it to the burbs there will be a lot of smelly antifa.
I'm totally tuned in to the situation just north of Los Angeles, there's a burby town called Santa Clarita and there's an AntiFa enclave in a place right next to it called Stevenson Ranch - rich area, there's an artsy lefty college right there, you gotta lotta little meth heads on skateboards riding around at night, ....

And, the next big town north of that is the Lancaster and Palmdale area where a lot of the engineers live who work at Edwards AFB and some of the gubmint sites out there - and between here and there, is a HUGE number of rightie types including hillbillies, neo-nazis, and even just generalized rowdies who like to go out to the desert and play with explosives and stuff like that.

And these poor kids in suburbia think they're hot shit and they own the night streets, but they have NO IDEA these right wingers even exist, much less what they're capable of. I do. I talk to them all the time. I have to, it's part of my business.

All they need is an excuse. They're like everyone else, there's smart ones and there's dumb ones. The smart ones, so far, have managed to temper the enthusiasm of the more volatile ones, but it's getting dicey, there's a lot of disgust and a lot of calls to action.

In LA, I think, the problems would be to the east, in the direction of the Inland Empire. There's some very bad people out there

Well, that's a stupid lie you just pulled right out of your ass. Why are you like this?

You clearly do not comprehend scope and scale.

Well, that's a stupid lie you just pulled right out of your ass. Why are you like this?

If it weren’t for opinion pieces leftists would have no “facts” at all.

If 100 officers quit because people started demanding they be held accountable to the same laws they are supposed to enforce, I consider that a win. I'm failing to see the problem here.
We don’t know that this is why they quit.

I personally think they quit because they got sick and tired of being demonized just for wearing the uniform.

While some were saying we need to make officers more accountable, more were saying that the law enforcement community is inherently racist and violent.
We started hearing about cops being refused service in restaurants, being harassed and assaulted while performing justified arrests and being condemned for justified shootings.

The protesters and the media fomented a decidedly ant-cop sentiment in this country and there is no disputing this when we look with objective hindsight on everything that was said and done against them.

So there is no question why many of them quit and to say they quit because they were afraid of accountability is a cliched narrative based on nothing more than assumption.

Yea, who wants a job where they are held accountable for what they do. If they are offering 30K how in the hell are they being defunded? Not long ago the cops could do no wrong in the eyes of those who want them to handle black and brown folks by any means necessary.

Oh bullshit with your constant unproven fantasies. You watch way too much television. Police have always been held responsible for their actions. The difference between today and yesterday is they were only charged and convicted when they actually did something wrong.

Take the incident in my city of Tamir Rice. The entire conflict was recorded from the park camera. They had a grand jury hearing for the officer where they found the officer didn't break any laws. In spite of that, the officer and his family received a number of threats. He still lost his job. He may not ever be a police officer again. The city paid the irresponsible fat pig mother 5 million dollars.

Or go to Baltimore where a lowlife died while being transported in a police van. In spite of the officers doing no wrong, they still were charged, had to hire expensive lawyers, and were found not guilty of any charges. So why were the charged filed in the first place? Because the city uses those police officers as pawns to calm the savages. The same with Ferguson and on and on it goes.

So who wants to do a job like that? Not me, and not most people apparently. The city and police force should stick up for their officers unless they know something went wrong or a jury decides they broke the law. That's what took place years ago,

Forum List

Back