Seattle NPR Station Says It Will No Longer Carry Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Briefings Live Because Of Misinformation

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
An NPR station in Seattle said that it no longer will carry live coverage of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus briefings because of concerns that they feature unchecked misleading or false information.

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus — and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners,” the station tweeted. “However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.”

Most recently, Trump has called for lifting of social distancing guidelines in the near future, perhaps by Easter, even though public health professionals are still grappling with the spread of the virus. He also has made false claims about the availability of tests, the timeline for finding a vaccine and the potential benefits of a treatment that includes the ingredient chloroquine. While there is some promising study of its potential use, it has not it has not been approved for treatment. NBC News reported on one Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, and his wife said that they learned about its use after watching a briefing. The chloroquine they used was part of a product use to clean fish tanks, not for medical purposes.
Once again, whatever Trump says, the idiots on this board parrot, word for word.

Common sense, on the other hand, dictates if the spread of Covid19 increases with exposure to other people, avoid other people.

Seems simple enough, even for trumpers.

Maybe not. trumpers are not too bright.

An NPR station in Seattle said that it no longer will carry live coverage of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus briefings because of concerns that they feature unchecked misleading or false information.

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus — and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners,” the station tweeted. “However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.”

Most recently, Trump has called for lifting of social distancing guidelines in the near future, perhaps by Easter, even though public health professionals are still grappling with the spread of the virus. He also has made false claims about the availability of tests, the timeline for finding a vaccine and the potential benefits of a treatment that includes the ingredient chloroquine. While there is some promising study of its potential use, it has not it has not been approved for treatment. NBC News reported on one Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, and his wife said that they learned about its use after watching a briefing. The chloroquine they used was part of a product use to clean fish tanks, not for medical purposes.
Once again, whatever Trump says, the idiots on this board parrot, word for word.

Common sense, on the other hand, dictates if the spread of Covid19 increases with exposure to other people, avoid other people.

This is Media Panic Mode. He's too credible; he's winning too hard. He's gaining the trust of the American people at too quick a pace.

Last ditch effort: Just pull the plug. Stop broadcasting him.

I could never have predicted, even after his win in 2016, how very epically he would make you all lose your minds. I mean....THIS.

I might listen to the Orange Virus if he was giving tips on how to write incoherently on Twatter, defraud subcontractors or embezzle taxpayer money. Those things are right in his wheelhouse. But Covid-19? Nah, I'll stick to the experts.

Well it is good that NPR (Network Prostitutes Report) news is out of the picture. Because Pres.Trump's briefing attracts attention. And we don't need a station like NPR news to be attracting anyone's attention, which it is tax payer funded. All they do is spread misinformation about the President. But why the the people's taxes are still funding this station? I couldn't tell y'all. But it let's know that the Deep state is still around and in control over the people's tax money.

Nah, I'll stick to the experts.

maxresdefault.jpg

I might listen to the Orange Virus if he was giving tips on how to write incoherently on Twatter, defraud subcontractors or embezzle taxpayer money. Those things are right in his wheelhouse. But Covid-19? Nah, I'll stick to the experts.
In my state we have a Republican governor.
He is doing everything right.
Every decision he is making is for the general well being of we the people.
The next time he is up for re-election, he will no doubt be victorious.

If Trump would do right by the American people and just be honest (for once) he wouldn't have to worry about his next election.

If Trump would do right by the American people and just be honest (for once) he wouldn't have to worry about his next election.

Sounds like Mike DeWine. I am a teeny tiny very prissy girl, and *I* have more testosterone than Mike DeWine

Mike DeWine closed down your state when there were like 50 people with the virus.

He's a shadow-scared running fool. You don't even have any big airports or anything. Honestly.

What has any of your little opinion got to do with the thread issue?
Ironic that you call others "not too bright".

Seattle is a hopeless snake pit and their publicly funded radio station reflects that and funding should be
cut off if they are going to censure what people are able to hear.

I remember often visiting relatives in Seattle before it became a possession of the lunatics and it's very sad now.

Last edited:
This is sad. Now most networks are now rethinking covering trump's briefings. They cut away from last night's briefing just after trump spewed more false and dangerous lies about the virus.

I've never seen any TV network do this. They always cover the president. This president is different. What he spews can and has already gotten people killed.

It's the best for our nation to not have trump spewing lies about this deadly virus.

I wish we had a president who didn't lie to such a dangerous extent as trump.

This is sad. Now most networks are now rethinking covering trump's briefings. They cut away from last night's briefing just after trump spewed more false and dangerous lies about the virus.

I've never seen any TV network do this. They always cover the president. This president is different. What he spews can and has already gotten people killed.

It's the best for our nation to not have trump spewing lies about this deadly virus.

Recognizing the possibility that some officials within the CDC are potential handmaidens to the drug and vaccine industry that would benefit from such scare tactics, President Trump decided to issue all governmental statements about COVID-19 from The White House.

After all, the CDC seemed to be about ready to bring down the entire U.S. economy and shutter small businesses that would never recover from even a short quarantine.

NPR Seattle is not going to run them live at all.

No, they cut away because they can’t stand showing the people how good he is at his job. Especially compared to Dementia Joe.

No, they cut away because they can’t stand showing the people how good he is at his job. Especially compared to Dementia Joe.
How many Americans have died on his watch?

Wow. Has this ever happened before in history? Drumpf is supposed to be the leader and we cant trust what comes out of his piehole.

Listen you miserable piece of shit, how many people will die of starvation if the economy fails and the massive riots that will follow?
Stop being dramatic you wussy. If we go back too early then you can worry about all that bullshit.

Forum List

Back