Search is a little screwed up this morning

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
When I go to my content, it's only showing through Thursday. My posts from yesterday are still in the threads, but search isn't bringing them up.

Gdjjr

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had to wait forever for a comment to a comment to post- tried to open the site, from my bookmarks and it wouldn't-

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
When I go to my content, it's only showing through Thursday. My posts from yesterday are still in the threads, but search isn't bringing them up.

The same happens here .....content search is stuck from days ago, it's not working. :(

OP
OldLady

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Any possibility this might get fixed?

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Mod Staff has noticed. Seems to me like our "background" indexing tasks have shut down.. Or they turned off the maintenance schedule or something. If it persists thru tomorrow noon -- I'll get on the "bat phone" and ask for them to check..

Maybe just too many sock names used up by multiply banned members. LOL.. Indexing can't complete in just a week with all of their banned accounts..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes a rock gets caught somewhere in the millstone and slows everything down. And the automated maintenance gets further and further behind.. Just sent off a message as of this time/date.

Will post an update when I get it..

Last edited:

Dogmaphobe

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Mod Staff has noticed. Seems to me like our "background" indexing tasks have shut down.. Or they turned off the maintenance schedule or something. If it persists thru tomorrow noon -- I'll get on the "bat phone" and ask for them to check..

Maybe just too many sock names used up by multiply banned members. LOL.. Indexing can't complete in just a week with all of their banned accounts..
Cult Smasher, cough cough. .......

btw - since you do allow some people to have sock puppets, what determinants do you use? the ones you have long alluded to in the past are all leftists. Is that it?

Last edited:

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

btw - since you do allow some people to have sock puppets, what determinants do you use? the ones you have long alluded to in the past are all leftists. Is that it?
None of that is true.. The record holder you alluded to is definitely NOT a leftist. We spend A LOT of time defending the gates against "returning Huns and STTABears"... The ONLY time we allow name changes or sock accounts is if the person "screwed up" and had us close their account voluntarily and decides to come back..

The perm banned in general have LONG rap sheets or spectacular meltdowns. And we don't WANT them back..

OP
OldLady

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score

None of that is true.. The record holder you alluded to is definitely NOT a leftist. We spend A LOT of time defending the gates against "returning Huns and STTABears"... The ONLY time we allow name changes or sock accounts is if the person "screwed up" and had us close their account voluntarily and decides to come back..

The perm banned in general have LONG rap sheets or spectacular meltdowns. And we don't WANT them back..
No sitrep on getting search back?

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

No sitrep on getting search back?
Got a reply to my email.. The "head cheese" took a look and couldn't find the problem. He called the "database" expert he uses.. I imagine it will be Monday before we get resolution at the soonest..

Or -- it could "fix itself" if the maintenance tasks got pushed back or temporarily hung-up by HIGHER PRIORITY background tasks.

My "test guinea pig" on this is a new account that joined Friday.. I can see that the newbie has a lot of content. It's just not showing in search.. Like in the profile "find all content for this user" results. When I can see the content on this new account from Fri/Sat/Sun in search -- I know it's been fixed.

Dogmaphobe

Platinum Member
Reaction score

You missunderstood. THe perp I mentioned is onviously not a leftist and you smack him down every time he appears.

It is the ones who you DON'T smack down who are the issue here -- all leftists as far as I can tell.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

You missunderstood. THe perp I mentioned is onviously not a leftist and you smack him down every time he appears.

It is the ones who you DON'T smack down who are the issue here -- all leftists as far as I can tell.
Nothing to support that.. Maybe all you hotheads sound the same... :happy-1:

Dogmaphobe

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing to support that.. Maybe all you hotheads sound the same... :happy-1:

So, what IS the determining factor in your allowing some posters to have sock puppets and others not?

You have made a claim many times that your hands are tied by way of applying the rules, yet you are choosing to ignore them here in some instances and not others.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then -- you animals chewed thru 200Gbytes of disk storage. Left the servers thrashing on a lot of background tasks. Bad puppies...

Added another hard drive -- and we should slowly recover the search function. Might leave some gaps -- don't know if it will or how long in time..

If y'all would just stop feeding trolls -- this wouldn't happen.. :happy-1: Or maybe it's my long winded TL-DR replies.. :banned:

OldLady

Sunsettommy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It appears the forum is barely getting enough server bandwidth, I see my posts taking a while to post, to get back to main forum page and so on.

Maybe more people here need to make a donation to help the owner cover for more server bandwidth?

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears the forum is barely getting enough server bandwidth, I see my posts taking a while to post, to get back to main forum page and so on.
It's catching up on background tasks. Can't just run them middle of the night to do that..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't buy excess server bandwidth just to cover weird events like filling up your hard drives.

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Mine is working now! :thup:

Thanks y'all! :up:

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

'Scuse me for laffin, Mr. FlaCalTenn, but it never crossed my mind that there were still socks hanging around USMB lines...

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List