Sean Penn's 'Green Card' Comment May Have Ruined The Entire Oscars

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Oopsie, another darling of the liberal left lets out his true inner being. Latinos are nothing more then people the left has to take care of, of course for their vote that is. Sad the liberal mindset.

As he prepared to announce Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Birdman" as the film of the year, Penn made a reference to the Mexican director's immigration status.

“Who gave this son of a bitch his green card?" Penn said right before announcing the winner.

Sean Penn s Green Card Comment May Have Ruined The Entire Oscars

Oopsie, another darling of the liberal left lets out his true inner being. Latinos are nothing more then people the left has to take care of, of course for their vote that is. Sad the liberal mindset.

As he prepared to announce Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Birdman" as the film of the year, Penn made a reference to the Mexican director's immigration status.

“Who gave this son of a bitch his green card?" Penn said right before announcing the winner.

You realize he was making a joke, right?

Yes, I think everyone knows it was an attempt at humor, but the subject matter certainly does question his mind set.

Yes, I think everyone knows it was an attempt at humor, but the subject matter certainly does question his mind set.
Stoned as usual....

I think you're reading too much into what he said.

Most people realize that, but the open border crowd and leftist hypocrites don't see it that way. They are bashing Penn left and right. I have to say it couldn't happen to a bigger scum-bag.

Had a rightwinger said that, his career would have been destroyed by the next morning.

So true, the media is not that much in an uproar about this and Penn will make another high budget flick whenever he wants. But say Jon Voight (a known RW actor) made this light-hearted joke about his friend (Penn and the director are known to be friends), then the media would be all over this story for weeks. Voight would be ruined!

What killed the Oscars was giving American Sniper a token reward while giving all the best rewards to Leftists films. I stopped believing them as any authority on what movies were the best after they ignored Passion of the Christ even thought it was a blockbuster hit that broke records. They aren't objective, they are Leftists.

Had a rightwinger said that, his career would have been destroyed by the time he woke up the next morning.

I don't agree. Had it been Clint Eastwood saying it as a joke, it would've been more controversial with some of the more easily offended on the Left, but I would have laughed out loud instead of just the little chuckle Penn got out of me.

What killed the Oscars was giving American Sniper a token reward while giving all the best rewards to Leftists films. I stopped believing them as any authority on what movies were the best after they ignored Passion of the Christ even thought it was a blockbuster hit that broke records. They aren't objective, they are Leftists.

Sorry, but that movie didn't deserve any Oscars. It was terrible, no matter how many people saw it. Popularity does not make a movie good.

Most people realize that, but the open border crowd and leftist hypocrites don't see it that way. They are bashing Penn left and right. I have to say it couldn't happen to a bigger scum-bag.
Penn needs a new staff to run his mansion. That's my joke. ;)

Got any idea what the logic behind it is ? Got to admit. I'm baffled by it. (unless he really doesn't like the guy) Joke or not, everything has a point in it somewhere. I can't find this one.

Sorry, but that movie didn't deserve any Oscars. It was terrible, no matter how many people saw it. Popularity does not make a movie good.
A lot of people disagree with you. They voted with their feet.

Why would anyone want to spend the time to watch this clown show with Hollywood leftists sucking up to each other and Obama's govt. What a disgrace. I was watching a DVD of the TV show 24, while it was on.

Had a rightwinger said that, his career would have been destroyed by the next morning.

So true, the media is not that much in an uproar about this and Penn will make another high budget flick whenever he wants. But say Jon Voight (a known RW actor) made this light-hearted joke about his friend (Penn and the director are known to be friends), then the media would be all over this story for weeks. Voight would be ruined!
Didn't Mr. anti military make and produce a war movie recently that his ugly ass mug is starring in?

The two guys are friends. He was busting the guys chops. It's something liberals do to their friends of different races, creeds and sexual orientations.

Not something (different race,creed or sexual orientation) right wingers would have any experience with or knowledge of.
You all have a stick stuck to far up your ass to understand liberal humor.

Yep. Same here.

Forum List

Back