Scott Walker Leads GOP Race In Latest Iowa Poll

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I predict Walker will get the nomination:

A year out from the Iowa caucuses, potential presidential candidate and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has taken the lead among Republicans, an Iowa Poll published Saturday indicates. With 15 percent support, Walker leads a number of other potential candidates for the Republican ticket, including Rand Paul, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee and Jeb Bush, the Des Moines Register reported.

Walker is the No. 2 candidate among potential caucus attendees who support an establishment candidate as well as those who prefer one who is anti-establishment, the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa poll indicated.

Following close behind, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky came in with 14 percent. And 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney, who bowed out of the race before the poll was released, held 13 percent. "After putting considerable thought into making another run for president, I’ve decided it is best to give other leaders in the party the opportunity to become our next nominee," Romney said Friday.

Without Romney in the race, the candidates below him picked up a few more points, including Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and Fox News host, who picked up 3 percent.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie also picked up a couple of points, bringing him to a tie with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

While Walker is still behind at the national level, the presidential hopeful has been making gains, holding 11 percent, according to Public Policy Polling. It’s the first time he’s registered at double digits, the firm said.

Bad news. You haven't been right about anything. Walker getting the nomination would mean a sure Democratic victory in 2016. Oh well.

Walker would be my pick. The Dims threw everything they had at him, and he still won three elections in a four year period.
I don't see the Dims losing on a national scale, but we have to try anyway and Walker is battle tested.

I predict Walker will get the nomination:

A year out from the Iowa caucuses, potential presidential candidate and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has taken the lead among Republicans, an Iowa Poll published Saturday indicates. With 15 percent support, Walker leads a number of other potential candidates for the Republican ticket, including Rand Paul, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee and Jeb Bush, the Des Moines Register reported.

Walker is the No. 2 candidate among potential caucus attendees who support an establishment candidate as well as those who prefer one who is anti-establishment, the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa poll indicated.

Following close behind, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky came in with 14 percent. And 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney, who bowed out of the race before the poll was released, held 13 percent. "After putting considerable thought into making another run for president, I’ve decided it is best to give other leaders in the party the opportunity to become our next nominee," Romney said Friday.

Without Romney in the race, the candidates below him picked up a few more points, including Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and Fox News host, who picked up 3 percent.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie also picked up a couple of points, bringing him to a tie with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

While Walker is still behind at the national level, the presidential hopeful has been making gains, holding 11 percent, according to Public Policy Polling. It’s the first time he’s registered at double digits, the firm said.

I likes this.....
For me it's John Kasich or Scott Walker...
Either one.I will definately find a way to donate to either campaign...

Truthfully anyone the GOP runs would be better than either the incumbent or anyoen the Dems are likely to nominate. Yeah that includes Sarah Palin.
I like Walker. But I like Cruz too. He makes lib heads explode.

Truthfully anyone the GOP runs would be better than either the incumbent or anyoen the Dems are likely to nominate. Yeah that includes Sarah Palin.
I like Walker. But I like Cruz too. He makes lib heads explode.
Walker's better at making lib heads explode. Have you ever watched Ed Schulz? That's honestly funny!

If there is anything that is certain...it is that the state of Iowa knows how to pick GOP presidential candidates.
They picked every Republican nominee except for 1980 and 2008.

You are wrong as usual. And all we need to do is look at 2012.

Your consistent ability to fail is remarkable.
Romney and Santorum both got 25%, tied.
You're an idiot.

Santorum won. It's really easy to check it out. He got more votes.

By the way....Huckabee leads the RCP average through Jan 29 for Iowa.

Forum List

Back