Scott Walker is a college dropout. Should that count against him?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo's affirmative action degrees didn't count against him.

Scott Walker politician - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In 1986, Walker worked as a volunteer for Tommy Thompson's gubernatorial campaign,[9] and in the fall of that year, enrolled at Marquette University.[10] In 1988, he ran for student government president, losing 1,245 to 927,[9] following an alleged infringement of campaign guidelines.[4] Walker dropped out of Marquette in the spring of 1990, in good standing with a 2.59/4.0 GPA[11] but without attaining a degree.[9][12] During college Walker worked part-time for IBM selling warranties on mainframe computers. His IBM job led to a full-time position in marketing and fundraising at the American Red Cross from 1990 to 1994.[4][13]

In 1986, Walker worked as a volunteer for Tommy Thompson's gubernatorial campaign,[9] and in the fall of that year, enrolled at Marquette University.[10] In 1988, he ran for student government president, losing 1,245 to 927,[9] following an alleged infringement of campaign guidelines.[4] Walker dropped out of Marquette in the spring of 1990, in good standing with a 2.59/4.0 GPA[11] but without attaining a degree.[9][12] During college Walker worked part-time for IBM selling warranties on mainframe computers. His IBM job led to a full-time position in marketing and fundraising at the American Red Cross from 1990 to 1994.[4][13]

a) I think anyone who bases their vote for a President on how well he or she did in college- or whether he or she finished college is an idiot- so no- Walker's lack of a college degree should not matter- though certainly it will come up.

b) There never was any reason why Barack Obama's undergrad degree from Columbia or law degree from Harvard Law should be counted against him. Or Bush's degree from Yale or Masters from Harvard.

It will matter to some folks - it won't matter to others.
Everyone gets to make up their own mind.

For me personally, it is not a mark in his favor, but it isn't a huge mark against him. I'd rather have seen him stick to it and get his degree, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

The guy is a dishonest creep, that's what counts.

Then the voters in his state should not have elected him....
Or...
They should have a recall election.... LOL
And as Chris Mathews said....
Ed Shultz almost "got him".... heh heh heh.. Fat head Ed.

But if he runs so be it...
The fact he left college does not bother me...

We have had 9 presidents that never went to college including Harry Truman and Abraham Lincoln. Maybe it's time to have another one.

a) I think anyone who bases their vote for a President on how well he or she did in college- or whether he or she finished college is an idiot- so no- Walker's lack of a college degree should not matter- though certainly it will come up.

b) There never was any reason why Barack Obama's undergrad degree from Columbia or law degree from Harvard Law should be counted against him. Or Bush's degree from Yale or Masters from Harvard.

Yet the far left did against Bush..

For me personally, it is not a mark in his favor, but it isn't a huge mark against him. I'd rather have seen him stick to it and get his degree, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

It matters to the far left as leverage, but in the long run they will still vote far left anyway..

In this day and age it will inevitably come up. Even though Harvard and Yale degrees are more or less purchased rather then earned realistically.

It matters to the far left as leverage, but in the long run they will still vote far left anyway..

I always assume that the extremists like the far left and the far right will do what they do based on hyper-partisanship and not facts, truth, and issues.

I was talking about those who are more moderate.

His dropping out actually increases my opinion of him. I didn't think he had ever gotten far enough in his education to be in the position to drop out. He is still an idiot though.

I always assume that the extremists like the far left and the far right will do what they do based on hyper-partisanship and not facts, truth, and issues.

Stop the pretense. You're a hack if I've ever seen one, and believe me, I have.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me at all. But I'll defend your right to express it.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me at all. But I'll defend your right to express it.
I'm relieved, but you're still a naked hack that shouldn't be putting up pretenses.

Tell ya wot!

All those of you with college degrees vote for a New Obama.

All those of you without college degrees vote for a non-degreed person who has held a job and/or met a payroll.

But it has to be ALL.

Then let's see what happens.

It might, but I think he got a job with IBM selling mainframes, and if he did, he was making wayyyy too much jack to stay in college. What I would count against him is if he lacks commitment to making sure as many kids as possible have the opportunity to get a degree without taking on more debt than a Mercedes costs.

It might, but I think he got a job with IBM selling mainframes, and if he did, he was making wayyyy too much jack to stay in college. What I would count against him is if he lacks commitment to making sure as many kids as possible have the opportunity to get a degree without taking on more debt than a Mercedes costs.

Actually he dropped out and took a job with the Red Cross according to: Solving the mystery of Scott Walker s college years and entry into politics PolitiFact Wisconsin

Forum List

Back