Scored an RTX 3070

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
As more people have been placed under political house arrest due to the Wuhan Designer Virus®, the demand for entertainment electronics has skyrocketed. Some areas such as Disney+ have benefitted immensely.

But one area that is suffering is the GPU market. Both next (last?) gen consoles and high end video cards have dried up. The Sony Playstation 5 is selling on Ebay for 3 and 4 times MSRP as it becomes exceedingly hard to get them. XBox is in a similar situation. This is all driven by shortages of critical components known as the Graphics Processing Unit, or GPU, controlled by two companies, Nvidia and AMD.

Last year Nvidia introduced the ground breaking RTX series of GPU for PC's. But with Wuhan, it because impossible to get them. Further, Nvidia started funneling the little supply they are producing to OEM's - meaning about the only way to get these cards is in a prebuilt machine that often has substandard motherboard and memory components.

After searching since November of last year, I was finally able to find a wholesaler who ordered me a card through the OEM channels. Asus RTX 3070 Duo.

Anyone else been able to get RTX or RX 6000 series cards?

Hell, I was just hoping that the RX 5700 XT would go down in price with the new generation of cards...now I see it selling for $1000+, when it's actually available anywhere.

As more people have been placed under political house arrest due to the Wuhan Designer Virus®, the demand for entertainment electronics has skyrocketed. Some areas such as Disney+ have benefitted immensely.

But one area that is suffering is the GPU market. Both next (last?) gen consoles and high end video cards have dried up. The Sony Playstation 5 is selling on Ebay for 3 and 4 times MSRP as it becomes exceedingly hard to get them. XBox is in a similar situation. This is all driven by shortages of critical components known as the Graphics Processing Unit, or GPU, controlled by two companies, Nvidia and AMD.

Last year Nvidia introduced the ground breaking RTX series of GPU for PC's. But with Wuhan, it because impossible to get them. Further, Nvidia started funneling the little supply they are producing to OEM's - meaning about the only way to get these cards is in a prebuilt machine that often has substandard motherboard and memory components.

After searching since November of last year, I was finally able to find a wholesaler who ordered me a card through the OEM channels. Asus RTX 3070 Duo.

"political house arrest"..... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I have the RTX 3090. Picked it up back in November.

My Newest System:

Motherboard:
ASUS PRIME Z490-V ATX ARGB 1GBE LAN 2 PCIE X16 4 PCIE X1 2X M.2
INTEL WI-FI 6 AX201 2X2 2.4GHZ, 5GHZ + BT5 M.2 CNVI CARD (ASUS PRIME Z490)
ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND

Processor:
OEM INTEL CORE PROCESSOR I9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHZ 20MB

Graphics Cards:
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X

Memory:
2X ADATA 16GB DDR4-3200 XPG Z1

Hard Drives:
1TB INTEL 665P SERIES PCIE NVME M.2 SSD
3TB HDD 3.5" SATAIII 5400RPM 6.0 GB/s 64MB CACHE

System Cooling:
NZXT KRAKEN Z73 360MM CPU COOLER
CASE FAN 120 MM

Form Factor:
BLACK RAZER O11 DYNAMIC ATX MID TOWER GAMING CASE TEMPERED GLASS SIDE & FRONT LIAN LI

Power Supply:
ATNG 1000 WATT 80 PLUS GOLD POWER SUPPLY

Operating System:
WINDOWS 10 HOME ADVANCED DIGITAL LICENSE

Forum List

Back