Scientists think they found proof of a parallel universe

Yes we know because Hyper drive is more faster and realistic ..

I think unless we learn how to bend space and time, open worm holes or learn some really advanced shit the best we can hope for is get to the nearest star in 40 years. Imagine that trip. You're born on the ship and on your 40th birthday you land on a new planet. I would love it. Hopefully the planet is inhabited by nothing but goats, sheep, cow, deer, fish, chicken

I remember this one 1960s movie and this astronaut came back to earth on a 60 year trip or something from another planet..he was the first one to leave the milky way..

No one cared because on his way back , we developed technology that sent 100s of astronauts there and back in only a few years time to that same planet

This guy talked about why we haven't left already. This was one of the reasons. Don't leave now because technology tomorrow might be much better.

What a goofy excuse.

Think this way. The first boat wasn't used to cross the ocean.

Now you reminded me about the first airplane. It was in ancient China. The punishment of the eunuch was that they tied him to a kite and set him lose from the top of the tallest tower. His job was to figure out how to move the kite such that it stays in the air instead of crashing down. Too bad, being a eunuch, he was not afraid of things crushing down on him. Aviation was set back for centuries till the Wright brothers, as a result.

The weirdest thing is, the scientists in the other (parallel) THOUGHT they discovered THIS (our) universe at the same exact moment!!!

Then, a custodian came in and moved the big mirror that he had temporarily placed in the lab and everything went chaotic again.

:coffee:

The weirdest thing is, the scientists in the other (parallel) THOUGHT they discovered THIS (our) universe at the same exact moment!!!

Then, a custodian came in and moved the big mirror that he had temporarily placed in the lab and everything went chaotic again.

:coffee:
Mind Candy for the "Cool! Wow!" Goofballs

The motto of these escapist nerd misfits and their paranormal "science" is: "If it's weird, it's wise."

170518-universe-parallel-feature.jpg

Composite; NASA
Originally Published By:

NASA detects huge Earth ‘bubble’

Scientists believe they may have discovered evidence of a parallel universe that crashed into our own in a galactic impact mirroring a car crash.

Since 2004, when it was first spotted by NASA, scientists have been baffled by the discovery an unusually cold region of space which is 1.8 billion light years across and colder than its surroundings.

It was thought the region might have been a trick of light or it was colder because it had 10,000 less galaxies than other areas of the same size.

Now a new study has stumbled upon an incredible possibility, that the ‘Cold Spot’ cannot be explained as a void and was not due to “line-of-sight” effects.

Instead, researchers at Durham University believe it could be the first evidence of the “multiverse.”

They believe a parallel universe could have smashed into ours affecting it in a way similar to a multiple vehicle pileup.

That impact was so incredible, according to this research, that it pushed energy out of a huge region of space resulting in the Cold Spot.

“Perhaps the most exciting explanation is that the Cold Spot was caused by a collision between our universe and another bubble universe, believe it or not,” said Professor Tom Shanks, an astronomer at Durham University and a co-author of the study.

“If further, more detailed, analysis proves this to be the case then the Cold Spot might be taken as the first evidence for the multiverse.”

“I remember some scientists suggesting that there could be detectable effects on the galaxy distribution after this ‘cosmic shunt’ of two universes colliding.

“Basically colliding universes could leave a slightly anisotropic galaxy distribution in our own universe — a bit like a pileup on the motorway.

“So we can look for this to test how seriously to take these ideas.”

According to The Guardian, “each universe carries its own different version of reality.”

“There will be one where you wrote this column and I read it, even a really weird one in which Donald Trump uses Twitter to spread nothing but amusing cat videos,” Stuart Clark wrote in the publication.

The Cold Spot occurred at the formation of the universe more than 13 billion years ago.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/scientists-think-they-found-proof-of-a-parallel-universe/

Scientists Believe NASA's Cold Spot Is Proof Of A Parallel Universe [VIDEO]

But ...

But ...

Other scientists are postulating that we are in effect holograms, so would this be a matter of parallel holograms?

Is there a Killy Binetta on the other side? Is he a raging lunatic Progressive?

I really wanna know. It's important.

:smiliehug:

More important than that, is the fact that in this other dimension, is Hillary really President? If so, we should see demands by leftists for discovering a doorway into this new realm so that they can finally lower their blood pressure.

Of course, it is a corrupt Trump science lackey that has already discovered the key to inter-dimensional travel and is hiding it from the American people because he is too focused on the wall.

I started watching the video and the narrator, in noting one kind of parallel universe, stated that one kind may exist in the "same exact space we're in, but it is so far away...." I'm sorry, but I cannot get my head around anything being in the "same exact space we're in" and simultaneously being distant. I'm going to keep watching the video, but I feel that incongruity needed be noted. Perhaps the video will clarify just how that works. I know that's one thing I'll be looking for it to clarify.

Okay. Now I recall having watched that video when it first aired on television.

They did offer some sort of explanation for what I mentioned in post 65. It didn't satisfy me, but I'm in no position to say they are right or wrong, and I'm not investing the effort to learn enough to be in such a position, so it's just going to have to be one of those things that I just don't "get" and that I yet will live happily without ever "getting."

I started watching the video and the narrator, in noting one kind of parallel universe, stated that one kind may exist in the "same exact space we're in, but it is so far away...." I'm sorry, but I cannot get my head around anything being in the "same exact space we're in" and simultaneously being distant. I'm going to keep watching the video, but I feel that incongruity needed be noted. Perhaps the video will clarify just how that works. I know that's one thing I'll be looking for it to clarify.
I hate when I suggest infinite universes separated by dark matter, people bring up other universes with another me only a little different. That's ridiculous. Universes are like snowflakes. No two are alike. Think about how your parents had to meet and their parents had to meet, etc on back to the first life on Earth. All that would have to happen in another universe for there to be another me.

I hate when I suggest infinite universes separated by dark matter, people bring up other universes with another me only a little different. That's ridiculous. Universes are like snowflakes. No two are alike. Think about how your parents had to meet and their parents had to meet, etc on back to the first life on Earth. All that would have to happen in another universe for there to be another me.

Don't you think all that needed to happen was your parents to meet , no matter how different they are in another universe?

In another universe you might have different parents...

Don't you think all that needed to happen was your parents to meet , no matter how different they are in another universe?

My parents would never be born in another universe. Think about how life started on earth. Adam and Eve. Then their kids multiplied and then Noah's family started over again. In another universe Noah's kids fucked on a different day so a different spirm made it to the egg. Nothing in an alternate universe is the same.

Even the first life that crawls out of the oceans. The fish that later evolved into you was eaten.

In fact why would a fish in another universe evolve into you? You're over here. No two people are identical here or in another universe

My parents would never be born in another universe. Think about how life started on earth. Adam and Eve. Then their kids multiplied and then Noah's family started over again. In another universe Noah's kids fucked on a different day so a different spirm made it to the egg. Nothing in an alternate universe is the same.

Even the first life that crawls out of the oceans. The fish that later evolved into you was eaten.

In fact why would a fish in another universe evolve into you? You're over here. No two people are identical here or in another universe
Wow! You lost me at Adam...

In another universe you might have different parents...
Then I'm not me. I'm unique. One of a kind

Wow! You lost me at Adam...
I was trying to make it simple in case you didn't believe in evolution

How do you know that in another universe everything happened the same but in that universe you are reading a book, compared to this one your on the internet right now?

How do you know that in another universe everything happened the same but in that universe you are reading a book, compared to this one your on the internet right now?

It makes zero sense to me. When I think of all the unique events that led to me and you being born.

Ok, so I want you to do an experiment. Go buy 1000 fishbowls and fill them all up with water. Put a different seed in each fish bowl. One that will grow into a fish. Now, tell me why the exact same fish is going to grow up in two different fishbowls? If you have 1000 universes you have 1000 completely different places with different events. If a sneeze happens in one universe, that has no bearing on what happens in the other one. So why would my parents be born in two different universes? To me this is science over thinking something. OR, I'm not smart enough to wrap my brain around the concept. That is possible. But I think in this case I'm right. There are probably infinite numbers of universes across the cosmos. Why wouldn't there by? Why would our universe be the only universe? Are you trying to put God in a box? Our universe being the box. No no no. I don't even believe in God but I ask people if they are trying to put God in a box because that's what they are doing to god if they limit him to our little universe. I know it's big to us but who are we?

If the seed of life is planted on two different planets in two different universes, already they are different. So the kids or offspring they have will be different right from the start. So YOU only exist in this one universe. Yes, you are unique. But not special. No heaven awaits when you die. That's just wishful thinking.

In one universe your great x 100 grandfather got eaten by a lion. So you were never born.

So it is impossible that two you would exist in two universe. The odds of everything happening the same way in two universes is zero. No two snowflakes are the same.

The life and atoms in one universe are different than in any other universe. And each big bang is different. In one universe a planet like ours still has dinosaurs and I don't exist.

Maybe that's it. Humans can't imagine another universe they aren't in.

Numbers go higher than anything we can count.

Infinite Multiverse = Infinite Outcomes.

Forum List

Back