Scientists have recreated the 1918 Spanish Flu and infected Macaques

Calypso Jones

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2020

Despite the unmitigated hell we’ve been through for nearly three years now from the virus itself as we watched elderly or immunocompromised relatives succumb to it, to the COVIDictators that insist on trampling our rights, forcing our kids to bear the brunt of the restrictions with “virtual” school, and insisting that communism is the only way to “reset” the world, some Big Brains with biochem degrees have decided it’s a great idea to continue on this “gain-of-function” path and recreate a pathogen that wiped out tens of millions of people because… Science.

“In the latest news, a team of scientists in Canada and the U.S. report that they have re-created the 1918 influenza virus and used it to infect macaques,” says Salzberg. “Let’s be clear here: the 1918 flu vanished from the Earth, long ago. It’s simply not a threat, or it least it wasn’t, until someone figured out a way to bring it back.”

Gee, thanks, Big Brains.

It's crazy we still want to lock people up for growing pot but we allow people to do things like this. I do not support capital punishment but I might amend my position where people like this are concerned.

Despite the unmitigated hell we’ve been through for nearly three years now from the virus itself as we watched elderly or immunocompromised relatives succumb to it, to the COVIDictators that insist on trampling our rights, forcing our kids to bear the brunt of the restrictions with “virtual” school, and insisting that communism is the only way to “reset” the world, some Big Brains with biochem degrees have decided it’s a great idea to continue on this “gain-of-function” path and recreate a pathogen that wiped out tens of millions of people because… Science.

“In the latest news, a team of scientists in Canada and the U.S. report that they have re-created the 1918 influenza virus and used it to infect macaques,” says Salzberg. “Let’s be clear here: the 1918 flu vanished from the Earth, long ago. It’s simply not a threat, or it least it wasn’t, until someone figured out a way to bring it back.”

Gee, thanks, Big Brains.

Meh. What's the worst that could happen, I mean besides getting more democrats cheated into office during a pandemic?

Gee, thanks, Big Brains.
If the viruses don't get us from these scientists, I'm sure T-Rex and Vilociraptures will get us for sure... :stir:

If the viruses don't get us from these scientists, I'm sure T-Rex and Vilociraptures will get us for sure... :stir:
I've watched the Jurassic Park dominion and extended versions and was tired of wearing the U95 masks, so would welcome T-Rex and the velociraptors in the shopping mall now.

I've watched the Jurassic Park dominion and extended versions and was tired of wearing the U95 masks, so would welcome T-Rex and the velociraptors in the shopping mall now.
If we as a species are allowed to continue they way we are going, eventually scientists will do just that. They are already going to bring back the Wooly Mammoths and Saber tooth Tigers. Mad scientists!

If we as a species are allowed to continue they way we are going, eventually scientists will do just that. They are already going to bring back the Wooly Mammoths and Saber tooth Tigers. Mad scientists!
Monkeys with 4 asses! 4 asses!

1663215294734.png

Resurrecting extinct species and splicing DNA... What could possibly go wrong?

*****SCARY CHUCKLE*****

:smoke: :):smoke:

Forum List

Back