SCIENTIFICT FACT: Planned Parenthood Destroys Human Life

Top Ten Reasons to Defund Planned Parenthood: Continued:

CONSIDERING—AND POSSIBLY UTILIZING—ILLEGAL ABORTION PROCEDURES. Undercover
videos from the Center for Medical Progress reveal Planned Parenthood abortion doctors discussing how they
could alter the abortion procedure in order to increase the likelihood of intact “specimens” or baby cadavers.
Doing so raises serious concerns about partial birth abortion, where babies are delivered alive and then killed.
They also describe how they could alter the drug protocol for abortive women in order to preserve the baby body
parts for research. This activity is not focused on the woman’s interests and is against the law.

8. DISREGARDING THE SAFETY OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN. Despite prior claims to want abortion “safe,
legal, and rare,” Planned Parenthood has fought against common sense laws that would help women and children,
including those that would protect infants born alive after botched abortions, limit abortions after the 20-week
period (with some exceptions) where science has proven that babies feel pain and where the risk to the mother’s
health is much higher, and laws that require better care for women and higher safety standards in abortion clinics.

9. FAILING TO UPHOLD SAFE HEALTH STANDARDS. Planned Parenthood claims to improve women’s
health, yet many women have suffered, or even died, after failed abortion procedures at their facilities. Many clinics in
their network fail to meet minimal health and safety standards. As recently as August 2015, investigators in FL cited
four Planned Parenthood clinics for violations including performing second-trimester abortions without a license.

10. USING ABORTION TO FUND EXTRAVAGANCES. Last year alone, Planned Parenthood made a profit
of $127 million dollars. Over the last ten years it has brought in an excess of $765 million. At the same time,
Planned Parenthood has hosted elaborate fund-raising events for high-profile celebrity donors. A House
Oversight Committee recent report details over $5 million on travel in 2013. That’s nearly $14,000 per day!
Planned Parenthood has created a lucrative business and doesn’t need taxpayer support.

Nobody has the right to murder innocent human beings you degenerate idiot.

There is a thing called Human Rights.
As long as conservatives are against social programs that might help a young woman with no options raise a child you're all hypocrites. You stop caring about fetuses the very moment they come out of the womb. After birth they are nothing but welfare recipients to be despised.

Nobody has the right to murder innocent human beings you degenerate idiot.
There is a thing called Human Rights.
As long as conservatives are against social programs that might help a young woman with no options raise a child you're all hypocrites

Another ignorant lie. You still are justifying murder. Why not murder the homeless too based on your logic.

The atheist’s case against abortion: respect for human rights​

I am an atheist, a 29-year-old woman, well-educated at secular institutions, and I lean liberal on many issues, including same-sex marriage and climate change.

I am also a dedicated pro-life activist, working to make abortion unthinkable.

The abortion industry would have you believe that people like me do not exist. They would have you believe that the pro-life movement is almost exclusively old white men, with a few pearl-clutching church ladies thrown in. This characterization is insulting to both young and old. The older pro-life leaders of today are the pioneering young adult activists of the 1970s, who courageously dissented from Roe v. Wade. And they have recruited new generations of pro-lifers to follow in their footsteps; millennials in the movement call ourselves the “pro-life generation.”

There are important differences between the millennial generation and those that came before. One of the biggest is religion. The well-reported decline in church attendance is driven largely by young adults. Over a third of millennials tell pollsters they have no religious affiliation, compared with 23 percent for Generation X and 17 percent for baby boomers. And even among millennials who have maintained a religious affiliation, many favor same-sex marriage and show less appetite for the “culture war” than their elders do.

Yet this more secular generation still shows up to save preborn children and their mothers from the tragedy of abortion. This puzzles some abortion supporters, who had assumed they would benefit from demographic changes. The key to understanding this discrepancy is to realize that it is not a discrepancy at all: We see abortion not as a culture war issue or as a religious issue but as a human rights issue.

It is not enough to understand “Humanae Vitae” (indeed, lecturing an atheist on the finer points of Catholic dogma is surely counterproductive). To work with pro-life young people and to change the minds of pro-choice millennials you must be able to articulate the human rights case against abortion. The pro-life pioneer Dr. Mildred Jefferson said it best: “I am not willing to stand aside and allow this concept of expendable human lives to turn this great land of ours into just another exclusive reservation where only the perfect, the privileged, and the planned have the right to live.” That’s a sentiment that anyone, from any religious or nonreligious background, can get behind.

Most secular pro-choice people are well-meaning and affirm a commitment to human rights. Most are horrified by ableism—but close their eyes to the often lethal consequences of prenatal genetic testing. Abortion advocates would never murder a defenseless sleeping or comatose person—yet they argue that because children in the womb lack consciousness, killing them is permissible.

Pointing out these contradictions is a delicate business. Many young pro-choicers have been exposed to years of ad hominem propaganda. They have been taught that pro-lifers are hypocrites who do not care about children after they are born. They have been taught that we hate women. They may be close to someone who has had an abortion—or even had an abortion themselves—and believe that becoming pro-life will require them to issue fire-and-brimstone condemnations of post-abortive women.

The best antidote to these fears is not argument but action. Examine your own life and ensure that your priorities reflect concern for human life at all its stages. Befriend pro-choice people and let them see what being pro-life really means on the ground. Do not expect they have learned this from the mainstream media.

When the time for discussing the issue comes, be gentle and ask questions. The Socratic method, allowing people to discover internal contradictions for themselves, usually works best. For more on this technique, I highly recommend the Equal Rights Institute website.

When we survey the lives destroyed by abortion over the past five decades, it is easy to become overwhelmed and discouraged. But we are making real progress. This is an incredibly exciting time to be pro-life. If we work together—secular and religious, young and old, from every race and gender—I firmly believe we can end abortion in my lifetime.

I think America should strive for high morals

and while not perfect Christians do it better than godless libs
Bullshit. The Christian right is so far away from what Jesus taught that it's ridiculous they still claim to worship Him.

No matter how far you think they are they’re always going to be closer than godless libs who think Jesus is a fairy tale
Jesus was almost certainly a real person worthy of respect for his teachings. Jesus the god apparently just wants your money.

“Almost certainly?”
thats high praise coming from a godless lib
so you’d rate Him right up there with budda or john lennon?

He named himself after people who pee'd and crapped in the street while whining about successful people. I ask you . .

“Almost certainly?”

thats high praise coming from a godless lib

so you’d rate Him right up there with budda or john lennon?
I grew up going to church every time the doors opened. I eventually abandoned the useless mysticism but kept the moral core. It was the hypocrites at church who set such a horrible example that I walked away. If Christians actually tried to live by his example I would be proud to count myself among them.

TOPIC

THIS IS SCIENTIFICT FACT: Planned Parenthood Destroys Human Life

Don't waste your breath denying it. It is a solid scientific fact.

In fact, Science Is giving the Pro-life Movement a Boost. And I quote:

"The first time Ashley McGuire had a baby, she and her husband had to wait 20 weeks to learn its sex. By her third, they found out at 10 weeks with a blood test. Technology has defined her pregnancies, she told me, from the apps that track weekly development to the ultrasounds that show the growing child. “My generation has grown up under an entirely different world of science and technology than the Roe generation,” she said. “We’re in a culture that is science-obsessed.”

Activists like McGuire believe it makes perfect sense to be pro-science and pro-life. While she opposes abortion on moral grounds, she believes studies of fetal development, improved medical techniques, and other advances anchor the movement’s arguments in scientific fact. “The pro-life message has been, for the last 40-something years, that the fetus … is a life, and it is a human life worthy of all the rights the rest of us have,” she said. “That’s been more of an abstract concept until the last decade or so.” But, she added, “when you’re seeing a baby sucking its thumb at 18 weeks, smiling, clapping,” it becomes “harder to square the idea that that 20-week-old, that unborn baby or fetus, is discardable.”

Scientific progress is remaking the debate around abortion. When the U.S. Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade, the case that led the way to legal abortion, it pegged most fetuses’ chance of viable life outside the womb at 28 weeks; after that point, it ruled, states could reasonably restrict women’s access to the procedure. Now, with new medical techniques, doctors are debating whether that threshold should be closer to 22 weeks. Like McGuire, today’s prospective moms and dads can learn more about their baby earlier into a pregnancy than their parents or grandparents. And like McGuire, when they see their fetus on an ultrasound, they may see humanizing qualities like smiles or claps, even if most scientists see random muscle movements.

These advances fundamentally shift the moral intuition around abortion. New technology makes it easier to apprehend the humanity of a growing child and imagine a fetus as a creature with moral status. Over the last several decades, pro-life leaders have increasingly recognized this and rallied the power of scientific evidence to promote their cause. They have built new institutions to produce, track, and distribute scientifically crafted information on abortion. They hungrily follow new research in embryology. They celebrate progress in neonatology as a means to save young lives. New science is “instilling a sense of awe that we never really had before at any point in human history,” McGuire said. “We didn’t know any of this
.”

In many ways, this represents a dramatic reversal; pro-choice activists have long claimed science for their own side. The Guttmacher Institute, a research and advocacy organization that defends abortion and reproductive rights, has exercised a near-monopoly over the data of abortion, serving as a source for supporters and opponents alike. And the pro-choice movement’s rhetoric has matched its resources: Its proponents often describe themselves as the sole defenders of women’s welfare and scientific consensus. The idea that life begins at conception “goes against legal precedent, science, and public opinion,” said Ilyse Hogue, the president of the abortion-advocacy group NARAL Pro-Choice America, in a recent op-ed for CNBC. Members of the pro-life movement are “not really anti-abortion,” she wrote in another piece. “They are against [a] world where women can contribute equally and chart our own destiny in ways our grandmothers never thought possible.”

Read More:

Most women keep their abortions to themselves and have every right to do so. It's none of our business. It would be entertaining to learn how many church ladies have forced their daughters into secret abortions to avoid the shame of having raised a daughter with loose morals.
What are you talking about. Leftist in Hollywood brag about their abortions.

After all the screaming it is still a

SCIENTIFICT FACT: Planned Parenthood Destroys Human Life​

4. PROMOTING RISKY SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN CHILDREN. Planned Parenthood promotes a casual
attitude toward sex, starting with kindergarten-aged children. They hand out condoms that are packaged to
look like candy and even built a website for college students to brag about where and when they had sex.
This is often done with your tax dollars. Planned Parenthood negotiates its way into public schools to teach
sex education courses. And why not? Selling sex to youngsters creates a continuous cycle of customers

More to come . . .

You certainly packed a lot of of garbage in your rant. You might want to rent a dumpster….it’s impossible to ferret out what few uncorrupted nuggets of factual matter might be buried in there.

You seem to be under the misconception that without PP kids wouldn’t know anything about sex, much less have it. Thousands of unwanted pregnancies later…they are still having sex…so what’s your brilliant solution? Don’t tell them about contraception, much less make it free. Oh. Brilliant. Let’s stop abortion but we aren’t going to tell them how to prevent a pregnancy. With a mindset like yours it is no surprise that despite declining abortion rates, we still have a higher rate of abortions than comparable countries who provide comprehensive sex education and free birth control.

Forum List

Back