Science proves Roe v. Wade wrong, humanity doesn't start at 20 weeks

By the way, a Conservative pundit remarked that if Roe is overturned and abortion was outlawed, there will be a civil war in this country, as the left would never stand for it.
Thoughts?

I think the revolution would occur in the voting booth.

By the way, a Conservative pundit remarked that if Roe is overturned and abortion was outlawed, there will be a civil war in this country, as the left would never stand for it.
Thoughts?

They ain't got no guns. Fuck 'em.

Seriously, what're they gonna do, riot in the streets of our big cities? The ones where that is already happening, when democrats are in charge and stand by and do nothing?

And overturning Roe v Wade does not necessarily mean abortion would be outlawed. It just means there is no Right to an abortion under the US Constitution.

I think the revolution would occur in the voting booth.

Probably. However I believe he was implying they would take to the streets in #'s never before seen, and there would be violence.
Not many years ago, I would have never thought that would be the case. Today, it wouldn't surprise me at all that there would be violence and destruction.

They ain't got no guns. Fuck 'em.

Seriously, what're they gonna do, riot in the streets of our big cities? The ones where that is already happening, when democrats are in charge and stand by and do nothing?

And overturning Roe v Wade does not necessarily mean abortion would be outlawed. It just means there is no Right to an abortion under the US Constitution.

If Roe were struck down, each state should then be allowed to move forward with their own laws. This is how it should have always been.

Not according the actual language

Its called universal HUMAN rights doncha know
Untrue:

Article 1​

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

You'll note it does not say pre-born free and equal. It also never mentions DNA, it is talking about what I would call 'Personhood' not biology.

How much more tax money can you get from the bottom classes not collecting free money.

I know I have told you this in the past, but I just love your drunk postings. One of the more entertaining parts of this forum.

You'll note it does not say pre-born free and equal. It also never mentions DNA, it is talking about what I would call 'Personhood' not biology.
It doesnt have to because that would be redundant

If they are born with it then they had it all the time

Unless libs choose to believe that unborn children are not human then you have no case

Unless libs choose to believe that unborn children are not human then you have no case
If I were to say that would you then be willing to say that 23 molecules of DNA are entitled to the same or more legal rights than an adult woman?

Lets make gun rights a state by state decision. After all, of established settled law can be overturned, no law is safe.

I wouldn't say that the right to an abortion is settled law, not like the 2nd amendment is where the Bill of rights specifically says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right to an abortion is different; it's roots in the Constitution are somewhat questionable at best, and obviously is not settled.

I wouldn't say that the right to an abortion is settled law, not like the 2nd amendment is where the Bill of rights specifically says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right to an abortion is different; it's roots in the Constitution are somewhat questionable at best, and obviously is not settled.
The current interpretation of the 2nd is pretty recent.

Life begins soon as soon as the sperm and egg join.

Just because it doesn't have a heart beat doesn't mean it isn't a person because if you simply leave it alone it will become a child. From the moment sperm hits the egg it's a person, it takes the next 18 to 20 years to fully grow.

It's like adding water to jello mix. When you first add the water it's already jello, you just have to wait a bit for it to turn from a liquid to jello. Once the water is in it's done, it's just a matter of time.

People can use any fancy language they want but when a woman is pregnant, there is a baby in her.

it will become a child
I agree. If it will become a child, it is then not yet a child. A fertilized egg is nothing more than a sack of DNA, no more entitled to special protection than any other cell in your body. There is a point, before birth, when it does merit protection but not as a single cell. IMHO.

The current interpretation of the 2nd is pretty recent.

Yeah, but the current interpretation is more about what 'infringement' means rather than whether or not you have the right to own a gun. As opposed to the right to an abortion which is spelled out nowhere in our Constitution. And the basis for that right is based on the right to privacy, which itself is not spelled out either. So, IMHO the foundation for the right to an abortion is on shaky ground to begin with, whereas the right to keep and bear arms is pretty solid.

I think DigitalDrifter is right, abortion ought to be a state issue. If a state wants to ban abortions, then they can do so but they'll also have to suffer the political consequences, if any.

If I were to say that would you then be willing to say that 23 molecules of DNA are entitled to the same or more legal rights than an adult woman?
Here we go

We have already agreed that inborn children are not entitled to vote

So humans have different legal rights depending on cifcumstances

Forum List

Back