Science isn’t always the answer.

I ask, "Do you believe in God? Is your Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ?" They may lie
Of course they will, as the petty christians will ostracize them otherwise. For many people, they have to grow up and get away from oppressive religious communities to be able to be honest.

Case in point. Not all who call themselves Christians are actually Christians. You should be able to tell that just by looking around today. People have done lots of things in the name of their religion, but that doesn't mean God is anywhere near them.

I wasn't aware that you were assigned as the ultimate authority on who is, and who is not a real Christian. Such a weighty burden you bear.
"I am on a mission from God!" cried Hitler publicly and loudly in 1934. I agree. Given what Christians have done to humanity, he sure was.

No, you do not get to twist my words the way you do the Bible.

If you can't quit the crap and start speaking truthfully, I will lose all interest in responding to your posts. Simply put, you are bearing false witness and I will not encourage your bad behaviour. :)
Who decides if Christians who call themselves Christians are "real'' Christians? You have identified that "not all who call themselves Christians are actually Christian". You decides?

Are you bearing false witness or just being judgemental as some Christians are not meeting an arbitrary standard you have established?

There is no arbitrary standard, and I have established nothing. I haven't claimed either. The Bible clearly states that only God can see into the heart of man.

But, the Lord did give us common sense, and we can usually rely on that, unless we're too puffed up in our own conceit. When someone refuses to confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, they disqualify themselves from being called Christian. This is elementary.
That's a shame. So you're saying that I can be a good person, I can love my friends and family, do good deeds because it's in humanity's interest to perform unselfish acts but unless I recite a slogan I can't be a Christian?

Did I say recite a slogan?

Do you not see how you refuse to admit Jesus Christ is your Saviour?

Even a fool can see you are not a Christian. Common Sense. It is a wonderful thing.
If I recite the ''Jesus Christ is my Saviour'' slogan to enter Club Christian, what will that do for me?

The same as if you claim to be a male if you're a female.
You'll be in the Liar club, and people will see the untruth of your words.
Nonsense. Can you and your reverend spot the bsers in your congregation? And you allow them to be that way unchallenged?

I don't have a reverend, and I don't have a congregation. It's not my place to allow anything. I never said it was.

I'm simply pointing out the facts -- it's actually pretty easy. I ask, "Do you believe in God? Is your Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ?" They may lie, but the truth will out eventually. See how easy that is?
How does the truth will out eventually? Give us some examples of you outing non believers. What did they say? Are they doing something wrong?

I'm sure all you atheists walk in lock step, don't you?
You're very confused. Atheists don't share any commonality, save for not believing in any magical gods. Yours is not special. In fact, it's the opposite...just another childish myth.

Furthermore, the best thing about being an atheist is not wasting time on communal delusions and gatherings dedicated to them. Keep your magical dogma in your pocket, and you wouldn't even know someone was an atheist.

You guys totally crack me up. You don't believe in God and I do.
The atheists commonality is they don't believe in God.
The Christians commonality is they do.

Aren't we all so special though. lol
It used to be fun arguing the existence of god till one day a group swore he visited and gave them rules. One main rule is believe in me or die. and don’t believe in any other gods.

Nope, He didn't visit to give us rules. He died on the Cross to pay for the sins of the world. Those who reject Him are refusing that gift. Pretty simple really.

Yeah, the Facts according to Fort Fun Indiana
No, fort fun indiana didn't discover the fact of evolution. You sound like a child.

Chemistry teacher: "It's a fact that water dissolves salt"

Barnsour the annoying child: "oh sure, the facts according to you!!"

I ask, "Do you believe in God? Is your Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ?" They may lie
Of course they will, as the petty christians will ostracize them otherwise. For many people, they have to grow up and get away from oppressive religious communities to be able to be honest.

You don't know what you're talking about....."petty Christians" and "oppressive religious communities" make that obvious.

Imagine you go to their church. The popular families who all hang out together are judging everyone else. If they don’t like you you feel like an outsider in their social club. They don’t mind you being a member because you pay your dues but they dont give a shit about you and if you quit they’ll say it’s because you aren’t a real Christian.

An atheist blog spot. I'm so impressed with your research.
Haha..now this is irony. You don't seem too impressed with the research of the entire global scientific community, either. But reading a creationist blog full of laughable lies? Now THAT'S impressive!

The entire global scientific community is not refuting the Bible. You atheists are.
Not the entire scientific community just most of it.

So Hindu, muslims, jews, atheists, Buddhist and most scientists don't believe the virgin birth story.
Hindi, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists and many atheists do believe Jesus actually existed. However, there is no safety in numbers if one doesn't have the Messiah on his side.

You don't know what you're talking about....."petty Christians" and "oppressive religious communities" make that obvious.
Neato! But i watched it happen. Several times. And those weren't even mormons. Mormons are the worst. The Calvinists are right behind them. I'm from indiana, son...we have more cults than you can shake a stick at.

Yeah, the Facts according to Fort Fun Indiana
No, fort fun indiana didn't discover the fact of evolution. You sound like a child.

Chemistry teacher: "It's a fact that water dissolves salt"

Barnsour the annoying child: "oh sure, the facts according to you!!"

You aren't paying attention, are you? I hope you're not getting flustered.

You said, "Unfortunately, it's just a fact that he is laughably wrong and would fail a 5th grade science quiz. Those are facts, both of which are his fault."

I see nothing about evolution of chemistry in that statement. And yet you claim I "sound like a child". Pay attention little boy or you'll have to sit in the hall.

Case in point. Not all who call themselves Christians are actually Christians. You should be able to tell that just by looking around today. People have done lots of things in the name of their religion, but that doesn't mean God is anywhere near them.

I wasn't aware that you were assigned as the ultimate authority on who is, and who is not a real Christian. Such a weighty burden you bear.
"I am on a mission from God!" cried Hitler publicly and loudly in 1934. I agree. Given what Christians have done to humanity, he sure was.

If you can't quit the crap and start speaking truthfully, I will lose all interest in responding to your posts. Simply put, you are bearing false witness and I will not encourage your bad behaviour. :)
Who decides if Christians who call themselves Christians are "real'' Christians? You have identified that "not all who call themselves Christians are actually Christian". You decides?

Are you bearing false witness or just being judgemental as some Christians are not meeting an arbitrary standard you have established?

There is no arbitrary standard, and I have established nothing. I haven't claimed either. The Bible clearly states that only God can see into the heart of man.

But, the Lord did give us common sense, and we can usually rely on that, unless we're too puffed up in our own conceit. When someone refuses to confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, they disqualify themselves from being called Christian. This is elementary.
That's a shame. So you're saying that I can be a good person, I can love my friends and family, do good deeds because it's in humanity's interest to perform unselfish acts but unless I recite a slogan I can't be a Christian?

Even a fool can see you are not a Christian. Common Sense. It is a wonderful thing.
If I recite the ''Jesus Christ is my Saviour'' slogan to enter Club Christian, what will that do for me?
Absolutely nothing. You had to ask.

The Bible actually carries a lot of clout and has a lot of support.
Outside the cult? No. For example, evolution is an accepted fact, and your creation myth would get you laughed out of any educated company anywhere on the planet.
Change is a fact. The belief that supposed "lower" or "inferior" lifeforms "progressed" into "higher" lifeforms ----- then absolutely WRONG! That has NEVER been proven scientifically and remains only an OPINION.
Yes, you said that already. You were laughably wrong the first time, and you are still laughably wrong and would fail a 5th grade science quiz.
You're wrong! And, I don't hold to governmental indoctrinated education. So in the end, the joke is on you. You will have nothing to show for a godless life (and frankly the scientific community at large doesn't care about you at all).

The same as if you claim to be a male if you're a female.
You'll be in the Liar club, and people will see the untruth of your words.
Nonsense. Can you and your reverend spot the bsers in your congregation? And you allow them to be that way unchallenged?

I don't have a reverend, and I don't have a congregation. It's not my place to allow anything. I never said it was.

I'm simply pointing out the facts -- it's actually pretty easy. I ask, "Do you believe in God? Is your Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ?" They may lie, but the truth will out eventually. See how easy that is?
How does the truth will out eventually? Give us some examples of you outing non believers. What did they say? Are they doing something wrong?

I didn't say I was outing unbelievers, did I?

No, I said the truth will out. That means the unbelievers will eventually make it clear that they are unbelievers. The more you talk to someone, the more you'll know about them. Pretty basic stuff here.

You're wrong!
Oh no!

I don't hold to governmental indoctrinated education
Of course you do. There was barely a secular country in the world until America came along. You are holding onto government indoctrination from the year 1700.

Governments didn't discover the fact of evolution, either. That's two strikes. Not me, not the government.

But here is your big chance to shine. Don't be shy, my man. Let all the crazy out. Do that thing where you claim scientists are all incompetent, or are liars, or are both.

Haha..now this is irony. You don't seem too impressed with the research of the entire global scientific community, either. But reading a creationist blog full of laughable lies? Now THAT'S impressive!

The entire global scientific community is not refuting the Bible. You atheists are.
Not the entire scientific community just most of it.

So Hindu, muslims, jews, atheists, Buddhist and most scientists don't believe the virgin birth story.
Hindi, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists and many atheists do believe Jesus actually existed. However, there is no safety in numbers if one doesn't have the Messiah on his side.
Yep, even satan knows He exists.

The other day some theist said science agreed we all came from the same place. The guy assumed that meant science agrees with Adam and Eve. Of course that’s not true.

So yes there are scientific Christians but they leave logic and reason at the door when the enter church. They can’t scientifically explain the Jesus stories.

i think it’s called cognitive dissonance

Scientists can't specifically explain where and how life began. They don't agree on many things. We're all in search of the "how", but Christians do have a starting point because we have the Bible.

Scientists can't specifically explain where and how life began.
Yes they can. There are many competing, viable explanations. What you mean to say is that they cant be very sure any of them are exactly right or complete. Which certainly isn't a knock on science. That's a compliment. Scientists admit what they don't know.

Forum List

Back