Science can not even get when life started right

Status
Not open for further replies.
... You think every human, including newborn babies, is a corrupt sinner ...

Newborn babies do crap on themselves ... that's a sin ... God commands us to poop 37 cubits (or so) from our homes ... that's the death penalty under the First Covenant ... do not all newborn babies eventually die? ... "All God's judgements are righteous and true" ...

Jesus not only suffered the little children to come unto Him ... He also suffered all manner of sinful people to come unto Him ... we're to hate the sin, not the sinner ... try to understand that before you sling poop around ...

On the contrary, what is childish to the nth degree is angrily waving your fist at God (the God you don't believe in) and acting as if you've never done anything wrong..
Haha...what? Who the fuck does that? I take responsibility for my mistakes. I don't lean on an iron aged myth to transfer moral responsibility for my actions to a fake zombie king.

It's good if you own up to your mistakes, but you clearly missed the point. I would get into this more, but never mind, as it's a totally different topic, and also because you'll just reject what I have to say anyway.
Anything based on magical myths? Yes, i will reject it as useless nonsense. Welcome to the science section. Enjoy your stay.

No, actually, it was more about philosophy. But I wouldn't waste my time anyway, I try not to waste too much time talking to people who are not sincere and as closed-minded as it gets.

Which you clearly don't understand, not even in the slightest.
Of course o do. Its not complicated. You think every human, including newborn babies, is a corrupt sinner. And you got called out for it, so now you are going to tap dance for 10 pages without actually denying it. Same shit every time...but usually we find this embarrassing behavior in the religion section.

Humans have a sin nature, but babies are innocent because they don't know any better. That is why when babies die, they go straight to heaven. If we were to go by your twisted and dishonest portrayal, babies would be held accountable for their actions, but they are not.

I find it very interesting that you and Hollie seem to have a real problem with the whole concept of sin. But actually not surprising at all. Your mindset, your attitude, the way you interact with people (namely believers) just corroborates what the bible says about hard-hearted, prideful unbelievers like you. You're a textbook atheist.

I have no problem with the concept of sin. I simply don’t accept that I am base and evil because long ago, superstitious people believed that supernatural forces and angry gods were extant.

It seems you have a problem with others living their lives without the burden of the fears and superstitions that consume your daily existence.

I really do find it concerning that your beliefs generate such hate and loathing for non-believers.

Like FFI, you project a lot. I don't hate atheists. What I dislike is how SOME (not all) atheists act in these types of discussions. So I call it out. But I don't hate anyone, not even people I'm supposed to hate, if I were to go by media indoctrination.

As for the other things you said, yeah, you don't get it. At all. But that's not surprising, if you DID get it, you would be a believer.
Ahh, I see. Absent thinking as you do, I don’t “get it.”

You’re right and everyone who doesn’t believe as you do is wrong.

Cults operate in much the same way.

Of course o do. Its not complicated. You think every human, including newborn babies, is a corrupt sinner. And you got called out for it, so now you are going to tap dance for 10 pages without actually denying it. Same shit every time...but usually we find this embarrassing behavior in the religion section.

Humans have a sin nature, but babies are innocent because they don't know any better. That is why when babies die, they go straight to heaven. If we were to go by your twisted and dishonest portrayal, babies would be held accountable for their actions, but they are not.

I find it very interesting that you and Hollie seem to have a real problem with the whole concept of sin. But actually not surprising at all. Your mindset, your attitude, the way you interact with people (namely believers) just corroborates what the bible says about hard-hearted, prideful unbelievers like you. You're a textbook atheist.

I have no problem with the concept of sin. I simply don’t accept that I am base and evil because long ago, superstitious people believed that supernatural forces and angry gods were extant.

It seems you have a problem with others living their lives without the burden of the fears and superstitions that consume your daily existence.

I really do find it concerning that your beliefs generate such hate and loathing for non-believers.
Christians do not hate or loath non believers.
You haven’t read the thread you’re posting in?
Obviously you haven't the only hate filled replies are from you and the other people that claim there is no God.

Christians do not hate or loath non believers.
You haven’t read the thread you’re posting in?
Obviously you haven't the only hate filled replies are from you and the other people that claim there is no God.
Neato! But i could never claim with 100% certainty there are no gods. I just have no use for that concept. The thought "there are no gods" does not ever pop into my mind.

Like FFI, you project a lot. I don't hate atheists. What I dislike is how SOME (not all) atheists act in these types of discussions. So I call it out. But I don't hate anyone, not even people I'm supposed to hate, if I were to go by media indoctrination.

As for the other things you said, yeah, you don't get it. At all. But that's not surprising, if you DID get it, you would be a believer.
Ahh, I see. Absent thinking as you do, I don’t “get it.”

You’re right and everyone who doesn’t believe as you do is wrong.

Cults operate in much the same way.

Never said that. Your pattern of subtle dishonesty continues.

I was just checking. It's almost always better to ask than to assume.

Oh ... ... ... er ... ... ... ummmm ... ... ... then let me ask, do you have a truck up on cinder blocks in your front yard? ... I just assumed you were that type of guy ...
No, but I do have a couple of old cars. One needs its battery changed.

So maybe your assumption wasn't 100% incorrect. :lol:

Another thing that goes against the very nature of scientific method is stating something is wrong without saying what is right ...
Be still my beating heart...

I'm afraid that is asking too much.

ding, after reading your response, "Be still my beating heart," I was curious as to what got you so excited, so I hit the REPLY link and one of my Ignore Posters nonsense popped up above.

People such as him say something they THINK is so profound and scientific and in reality, it's nonsense.
Often what is right is implicit in denial of what is incorrectly stated.
For example, the most prominent scientist in the world at the time, Lord Kelvin, said, "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible," -- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Guess what is "right".

"Radio has no future." - Lord Kelvin, Scottish mathematician and physicist, former president of the Royal Society, 1897

"X-rays will prove to be a hoax." - Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, 1883

This is why you waste your time trying to reason with people who are permanently unreasonable.

"This isn't right. It isn't even wrong." - Wolfgang Pauli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back