Schumer Urges Filibuster to Block Gorsuch Confirmation

hardcoreconservative98

Certifiable Conservative
Mar 22, 2017
New Jersey
Wow.... I didn't think the Democrats had the audacity to make such a foolish blunder of a move.

You got to give liberals credit, their leaders have got some stones, but it seems they derive their courage from said stones to do tremendously stupid things.

Neil Gorsuch is one of the most accomplished jurists and splendid conservatives to ever be nominated to the Supreme Court, he has excellent legal credentials and experience, as a 10th Circuit Judge, a lawyer and as a pro bono advocate for disadvantaged during his time at Harvard. Trump nominating him was one of the best decisions of his presidency, and his promise to nominate people like him was one of the major reasons I enthusiastically voted for him last November.

The Democrats are just going to make our job easier—the Republicans will eliminate the filibuster, as they should, to get Gorsuch confirmed. Democrats had no problem changing the Senate rules in 2013 in order to get their judicial nominees to District Courts and Courts of Appeals through easier, the Senate Republicans should take a page from that playbook.

I guess it's all for the best. The next time a Supreme Court justice retires under Trump, which will probably be Ginsburg or Kennedy, the two oldest justices, he will just be able to nominate another solid conservative constitutionalist who will be confirmed quicker. :lol::afro:

gv032317dAPR20170323034508.jpg

Just curious does anyone else think there should be limit on how long a judge can serve on the Supreme Court? With how much judicial activism is now playing a part in judges rulings it seems like it might be a good idea to examine if a Supreme Court judge should be able to sit on the bench for as long as they want.

Nah, I believe in lifetime appointments. It ensures that the President will pick somebody who is really good an excellent, as they will be serving for life.

I really don't understand the Democrat Suicide Pact with Stupid.

I just don't think they are situationally aware.

They keep committing to the same failed strategies that lost them all of these state legislatures, The Senate, House and Presidency, and State Governorships.

And for as much as they have tried to discredit and damage Trump with the help of the MSM Newspapers, Magazines, Television, America Trusts President Trump more than they trust them.

Just dumbfounding.

But anyone will take a Forfeit, and that is exactly what The Dem Strategy is the equivalent of.
Whomever their strategist is, probably needs fired.
The right strategy for them is to win back America's Trust and moderate their views, defend the Constitution a bit more, and move more Right.

They don't have to move all the way Right, but their movement towards Liberal Fascism is way too far Left, and unless America abandons all semblance of Morality, Ethics, and Faith, they are going to have issues with that.

Just curious does anyone else think there should be limit on how long a judge can serve on the Supreme Court? With how much judicial activism is now playing a part in judges rulings it seems like it might be a good idea to examine if a Supreme Court judge should be able to sit on the bench for as long as they want.

It would require a constitutional amendment, so is highly unlikely to happen.

He refused to be baited into answering questions on how he might rule on cases that come before him as a Supreme Court justice.

Saying how he would would be inappropriate, as would be giving his opinions on certain precedents, which would also be in appropriate. The Democrats clearly know this, as Sonia Sotomayor refused to directly answer Senator Al Franken's question to her on whether she thought the Constitution protected a right to an abortion, only noting that the Supreme Court has said that it has in its Roe v. Wade decision.

Funny, I didn't see any Democrats bashing Sotomayor for refusing to directly state her opinions then. Can someone say hypocrisy? :laugh2:

another example of democrat desperation. They lost the white house, the senate, the house, a majority of governors, a majority of state legislatures.

They are going down the tubes with their failed left wing ideology and their lying corrupt leaders, and they have nothing left but to scream and whine as they swim downstream to the sewer where they belong.

Congratulations democrats, you fools allowed Obama and Clinton to destroy the once great party of Truman and Kennedy. Idiots.

Forum List

Back