Schumer Says He Was 'Appalled' By Trump's Letter

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Schumer Says He Was 'Appalled' By Trump's Letter

3 Apr 2020 ~~ By Leah Barkoukis
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he was “appalled” by President Trump’s scathing letter, which accused him of being a “bad” senator and open to challenge from the progressive wing of his party.
The letter was sent after the New York Democrat wrote the White House earlier Thursday over the federal government’s response to the coronavirus crisis.
“I’m just appalled,” Schumer said on MSNBC. “I say to the president, ‘Just stop the pettiness. People are dying. And so, President Trump, we need leadership, we need to get the job done. Stop the pettiness. Let’s get it done. Let’s roll up our sleeves. I sent the letter with the best of intentions, trying to improve a very bad situation.”
The minority leader told host Chris Hayes he wrote to Trump to encourage him to use the Defense Production Act.
“So this morning I sent the president a letter and said, ‘Why don’t you invoke the Defense Production Act and put in place a military person?” Schumer explained. “Somebody who knows command and control, someone who knows logistics, someone who knows quarter-mastering -- to not only commandeer factories and supply chains to make the stuff that we need, desperately need, but also to distribute it in the places that are most needed.”
The result to that suggestion was the letter he received from Trump, in which the president reminded Schumer that the DPA “has been consistently used” but that many companies have stepped up voluntarily.
He also criticized the Democrat to choosing “to ignore” the fact that a “senior military officer” was already in charge of buying and distributing medical supplies—Rear Adm. John Polowczyk.
~~Snip~~
Trump said if less time was spent on the “impeachment hoax” and more on helping New Yorkers, then perhaps he wouldn’t “have been so completely unprepared for the ‘invisible enemy.’”
While the president said he has known Schumer “for many years,” it wasn’t until becoming president that he became aware of “how bad a Senator you are for the state of New York.”

Comment:
Well, we are all ‘Appalled’ by Schumer’s (and his fellow PMS/DSA Democrats’ behavior). Sometimes the truth hurts. Huh, Chuck?
For more than three years Schumer and his co-conspirators have done whatever they could to derail Trump and this administration. Now suddenly he's "Appalled" because President Trump has return the ire Schumer deserves.
If I had sent that letter I would have been more succinct and told Chuckie to STFU.
There's no secret that Chuckie was one of the perpetrators of the failed attempts to impeach Trump and impede every move to the invasion of the illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America.
Chuckie needs to be at the least censured for his attacks and threats against Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. When this pandemic is overcome, I hope those in the Senate remember to do so.
This is what makes this President GREAT. The losers of the PMS/DSA Left have never been counter punched, over and over and at this point, the three knockdown rule should've been utilized.

1585933126988.png

Schumer is just playing to the media like he always does. The guy is a smug son of a bitch. I don't approve of a lot of Trump's behavior, but I did enjoy that letter because Schmuck deserves much much worse for the way he has behaved over the years.

Forum List

Back