Schumer declares Supreme Court vacancy should not be filled until after election

TRUMP! is just as much the president, has just as much authority, and his actions are every bit as valid as Obama's were.

Nope. The people said no. He knows he's a fraud.

So if he rams his illegitmate nutters onto the court after the people have clearly said otherwise, the Democrats are perfectly entitled to stack the court with as many people as needed.

Doesn't work that way. TRUMP! won fair and square. It's why he's in the White House and Hillary is retired, throwing things at Bubba. It's why he's in the news and no one cares what she thinks. It's why his hand-picked justices get to decide SC cases while hers simply don't exist. And get this, their opinions have just as much weight as any of Obama's picks. Ain't that a kick in the kisser? If the democrats try to stack the court, it will rebound against them big time. There will be about five of you hard-core sycophants who will claim they're justified and no one will care as the democrats get slapped down, hard. And note that, as well, TRUMP! was given a Republican Senate both in 16 and in 18. Let's review the facts. You know what facts are, right? They're those things that override your feelz.

1. He won the presidency.
2. He was given a supportive Senate in 16.
3. He was given an even more supportive Senate in 18.

Yup, the people obviously want him putting justices on the bench, and he is happy to oblige them.

And you prove my point. You won't admit a developing baby is human so you can hide behind semantics and not acknowledge that abortion kills a human being. You want to believe in your lawyer fairy that sprinkles magic dust on the baby when he/she is born and turns them into a human being, just like Pinocchio.

The legal beginning of my life was when my birth certificate was issued... that's the legal standard in this country.

I'm not the one you have to convince. You have to convince all those women who decided they didn't want to have babies that they were in fact murderers. .
And again all you have to hide behind is a legal definition that could change tomorrow. What will you try to hide behind if science prevails over superstition and life is acknowledged to begin at conception? You'll have to switch to something else because there's no way you'd allow yourself to admit abortion is wrong, even when it's obvious you're slaughtering small, defenseless human beings.

They are playing games. They really want Pres. Trump to rush in nominating his choice. But he needs to take his time to elect someone to fill the position. He should do it after the election, when he has both control over the House and the Senate. But then, if they has a bunch of paid protesters at the congressional hearings. That it will be hard for them to stay six feet apart under this mask mandate at these hearings.
And so I wonder what these brood of vipers are up to..

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer issued a statement Friday following Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, advising Republicans not to confirm a replacement before the election.

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice,” the New York Democrat said in a statement. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

The two parties have battled over filling high court vacancies close to an election.

Democrats wanted the Senate to consider Judge Merrick Garland, whom President Barack Obama nominated to replace Justice Antonin Scalia in 2015.

But Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, would not take up Garland’s nomination, and it paid off for the GOP when Donald Trump defied the polls and won in 2016.

McConnell, who has ensured the confirmation of hundreds of conservative judges over the past three and a half years, has indicated repeatedly that he would move a nominee if a high court vacancy occurs late in Trump’s term.

Schumer may staunchly oppose taking up a Trump nominee right before the election, but he has little ability to stop McConnell. Both parties have stripped away the filibuster for judges, and now, only 51 votes are needed to confirm a Supreme Court justice.

That was the precedent that was set in 2016.

However, I fully expect the Republicans to do nominate and vote on a pick before 1/20/21 regardless of who wins. And I can't blame them a bit for the hypocrisy. Politically, waiting is a non-starter.

ROTFLMAO

Mitch used Bidens 1992 yapping as a weak excuse.

And now you are using Mitch's.

How delightful.

When you own the senate, you get to do what you want.

TRUMP! is just as much the president, has just as much authority, and his actions are every bit as valid as Obama's were.

So if he rams his illegitmate nutters onto the court after the people have clearly said otherwise, the Democrats are perfectly entitled to stack the court with as many people as needed.

And you prove my point. You won't admit a developing baby is human so you can hide behind semantics and not acknowledge that abortion kills a human being. You want to believe in your lawyer fairy that sprinkles magic dust on the baby when he/she is born and turns them into a human being, just like Pinocchio.

The legal beginning of my life was when my birth certificate was issued... that's the legal standard in this country.

I'm not the one you have to convince. You have to convince all those women who decided they didn't want to have babies that they were in fact murderers. .

Keep hoping for that court packing.

Some dems have already said no and when it comes right down to it, a lot of them will.

Keep hoping for that court packing.

Some dems have already said no and when it comes right down to it, a lot of them will.
It's really a pipe dream, because it would be a blatant perversion of the court, trying to turn it into just another arm of the DNC power structure.

Doesn't work that way. TRUMP! won fair and square.

You mean other than the collusion with Russia? It doesn't matter if he won "fair and square". The ONLY legitimacy of his rule is did the majority of the people agree to it. They didn't. The people said no. They are going to say no again in November.

When Trump is gone, you are going to see a LOT of changes to make sure that sort of thing never happens again.

And again all you have to hide behind is a legal definition that could change tomorrow. What will you try to hide behind if science prevails over superstition and life is acknowledged to begin at conception? You'll have to switch to something else because there's no way you'd allow yourself to admit abortion is wrong, even when it's obvious you're slaughtering small, defenseless human beings.

Hey, gonna tell you a story. When I was still in the service, there was this gal I knew who was engaged to one of my fellow NCO's. Except he largely treated her like shit and she spent a lot of time complaining to me about it. Now, this gal was brought up devout Catholic, strict Asian American household, you know, somewhere that you think your spewing about "abortion was murder" would take hold. And she wasn't a stupid girl, she was college educated.

Well, he kept putting off marrying her and she decided to up the ante by stopping her birth control and got knocked up. of course, this guy was, you know, a jerk, and she decided to get an abortion because she didn't want her parents to know she wasn't still a virgin at 22. Then she got back with the same guy, a year later, and the same thing happened.

And here's the reason why abortion will always happen. Because people, even smart ones, even religious ones, tend to be stupid about their relationships. Forcing them to have babies they don't want would be impossible to enforce.

Joe's Ideal World, no one would have an abortion because everyone would be smart about relationships and contraception would always work. We don't live in an ideal world. Overturning Roe and giving globs of meat more rights than the woman they are inside in some states is not going to change that.

Trump’s shortlist was down to two – this one, Amy Coney Barrett, or Lagoa, daughter of Cuban immigrants. Take the Cuban, Trump’s advisers told him, and the Cubans of Florida will vote for you. More, the Latinos will vote for you! Care for minorities, and you will win! But Trump chose Amy. He gave a chance to a normal non-hyphenated American, a cis-gender native, not an immigrant, not black, not Latino, not gay, not trans, not Jew and not even Ivy League. For years, such people were the least privileged, always rejected by the smart set who prefer minority identity politics, but Trump put all that aside and picked a traditional American.
Trump Did Not Flinch - LOL poor cry babies in the media and idiot message board posters can't handle it-:auiqs.jpg:

Doesn't work that way. TRUMP! won fair and square.

You mean other than the collusion with Russia? It doesn't matter if he won "fair and square". The ONLY legitimacy of his rule is did the majority of the people agree to it. They didn't. The people said no. They are going to say no again in November.

When Trump is gone, you are going to see a LOT of changes to make sure that sort of thing never happens again.

And that's where you're just making stuff up, because there wasn't "collusion with Russia". The haters tried to prove it for years, remember, and didn't even bother to complain about it in the impeachment. I mean, if they had even the slightest hope they could make the case, they would have tried but didn't. If only they had asked you. At any rate, the only legitimacy TRUMP! ever required was getting the most EC votes, that's it, and the fact that a bunch of voters in California didn't like him means diddly squat. Therefore, everything he does has the exact same legitimacy as anything Obama did. Tell you what, let's apply your standard to obamadon'tcare. It was obvious when it was enacted that the people didn't want it. Makes it illegitimate, right? Or don't you want to go down that road?

Hey, gonna tell you a story. When I was still in the service, there was this gal I knew who was engaged to one of my fellow NCO's. Except he largely treated her like shit and she spent a lot of time complaining to me about it. Now, this gal was brought up devout Catholic, strict Asian American household, you know, somewhere that you think your spewing about "abortion was murder" would take hold. And she wasn't a stupid girl, she was college educated.

Well, he kept putting off marrying her and she decided to up the ante by stopping her birth control and got knocked up. of course, this guy was, you know, a jerk, and she decided to get an abortion because she didn't want her parents to know she wasn't still a virgin at 22. Then she got back with the same guy, a year later, and the same thing happened.

And here's the reason why abortion will always happen. Because people, even smart ones, even religious ones, tend to be stupid about their relationships. Forcing them to have babies they don't want would be impossible to enforce.

Joe's Ideal World, no one would have an abortion because everyone would be smart about relationships and contraception would always work. We don't live in an ideal world. Overturning Roe and giving globs of meat more rights than the woman they are inside in some states is not going to change that.
And when you finally decide to accept science over superstition, you'll have to decide how to defend the practice of killing over a million defenseless humans every year in the US, largely for convenience. Of course abortion will always happen because people always do illegal things. That doesn't mean they should be legal.

And that's where you're just making stuff up, because there wasn't "collusion with Russia". The haters tried to prove it for years, remember, and didn't even bother to complain about it in the impeachment.

Yawn... next you'll tell me John Gotti was innocent...

Trump might be the first President where we go back through the history books and black out his name, his repute will be so bad.

And when you finally decide to accept science over superstition, you'll have to decide how to defend the practice of killing over a million defenseless humans every year in the US, largely for convenience. Of course abortion will always happen because people always do illegal things. That doesn't mean they should be legal.

Wow, really, did you argue "no, you are!" as a child?

Fetuses aren't people.

As far as people doing illegal things, it's a matter of agreement.

Let's take murder, one of my favorite subjects. We have 19,000 murders in this country every year, and we manage to convict about 60% of them. Why? Because people will inform on their friends and family when a murder happens, police investigate seriously, prosecutors bring cases and juries convict when presented with clear evidence. Therefore the law works.

Now. For abortion- Most people will not inform on their friends if they have an abortion, even if they know. (most cases, they never do.) Police will not bother to investigate, and frankly, the minute they start treating a miscarriage like a murder, there will be a hue and cry. I promise you, if I ever found myself on jury in an abortion case, I'd vote to acquit even if they had film of the provider tossing little Globby into a medical waste container and yelling "POINTS!!!"

Law only works if you have consensus. This is why prohibition failed. It's the reason why you have at least six Happy Ending Massage Parlors within a few miles of me despite prostitution being against the law. (And I don't live in a particularly bad neighborhood).

So you can scream, "What about the BAAAAABIES" all day, but most people won't go along with it.

And that's where you're just making stuff up, because there wasn't "collusion with Russia". The haters tried to prove it for years, remember, and didn't even bother to complain about it in the impeachment.

Yawn... next you'll tell me John Gotti was innocent...

Trump might be the first President where we go back through the history books and black out his name, his repute will be so bad.

Totally irrelevant. Your complaints are baseless. Of course, you believe yourself, but apply just a little critical thought. Had Pelosi even the slightest hope that she could prove Russian collusion, are you really stupid enough to think she wouldn't have used it? Face it, TRUMP! is still your president, has been since 16, and might be for the NEXT 4 years as well. Heck, I hear there are a few more SC justices getting older and maybe looking to retire. Wouldn't it be cool for him to put another couple on the bench?

Wow, really, did you argue "no, you are!" as a child?

Fetuses aren't people.

As far as people doing illegal things, it's a matter of agreement.

Let's take murder, one of my favorite subjects. We have 19,000 murders in this country every year, and we manage to convict about 60% of them. Why? Because people will inform on their friends and family when a murder happens, police investigate seriously, prosecutors bring cases and juries convict when presented with clear evidence. Therefore the law works.

Now. For abortion- Most people will not inform on their friends if they have an abortion, even if they know. (most cases, they never do.) Police will not bother to investigate, and frankly, the minute they start treating a miscarriage like a murder, there will be a hue and cry. I promise you, if I ever found myself on jury in an abortion case, I'd vote to acquit even if they had film of the provider tossing little Globby into a medical waste container and yelling "POINTS!!!"

Law only works if you have consensus. This is why prohibition failed. It's the reason why you have at least six Happy Ending Massage Parlors within a few miles of me despite prostitution being against the law. (And I don't live in a particularly bad neighborhood).

So you can scream, "What about the BAAAAABIES" all day, but most people won't go along with it.
You keep saying "people", which is what I expected, since you don't want to admit that those are human beings that are being killed. Like I said, hide behind superstition and avoid science. And I know full well you'd defend even the worst abortionist, because your ideology means more to you than destroyed lives. As long as the baby is killed, you don't care that the girl has nightmares the rest of her life.

Totally irrelevant. Your complaints are baseless. Of course, you believe yourself, but apply just a little critical thought. Had Pelosi even the slightest hope that she could prove Russian collusion, are you really stupid enough to think she wouldn't have used it?

Unlikely.... She really didn't want to impeach Trump over Ukraine, but that was even more blatant. There's a reason why impeachment is rarely done, and it's usually because it's next to impossible to pull off.

Trump is a fraud... he'll always be the fraud who cheated his way into the White House.

You keep saying "people", which is what I expected, since you don't want to admit that those are human beings that are being killed.

Um, no, most PEOPLE don't consider fetuses to have the same rights they have.. that's the point I'm getting across to you.

You want to really end abortion, convince a majority that fetuses are people, then get back to me.

Me, I'm all for abortion because it pisses off the religious nutters.

Totally irrelevant. Your complaints are baseless. Of course, you believe yourself, but apply just a little critical thought. Had Pelosi even the slightest hope that she could prove Russian collusion, are you really stupid enough to think she wouldn't have used it?

Unlikely.... She really didn't want to impeach Trump over Ukraine, but that was even more blatant. There's a reason why impeachment is rarely done, and it's usually because it's next to impossible to pull off.

Trump is a fraud... he'll always be the fraud who cheated his way into the White House.

I understand that the only way you can cope with TRUMP!'s triumph is to go the sour grapes route, but he didn't cheat. Naturally, you will continue insisting in the face of multiple failed attempts to prove that he did, but it won't change reality. TRUMP! has been your president since 2016 and he could well be your president for 4 more years. Won't you get tired of uselessly and fruitlessly whining that somehow he's not?

You keep saying "people", which is what I expected, since you don't want to admit that those are human beings that are being killed.

Um, no, most PEOPLE don't consider fetuses to have the same rights they have.. that's the point I'm getting across to you.

You want to really end abortion, convince a majority that fetuses are people, then get back to me.

Me, I'm all for abortion because it pisses off the religious nutters.
Yet you hide behind your superstition to do it.

They are playing games. They really want Pres. Trump to rush in nominating his choice. But he needs to take his time to elect someone to fill the position. He should do it after the election, when he has both control over the House and the Senate. But then, if they has a bunch of paid protesters at the congressional hearings. That it will be hard for them to stay six feet apart under this mask mandate at these hearings.
And so I wonder what these brood of vipers are up to..

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer issued a statement Friday following Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, advising Republicans not to confirm a replacement before the election.

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice,” the New York Democrat said in a statement. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

The two parties have battled over filling high court vacancies close to an election.

Democrats wanted the Senate to consider Judge Merrick Garland, whom President Barack Obama nominated to replace Justice Antonin Scalia in 2015.

But Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, would not take up Garland’s nomination, and it paid off for the GOP when Donald Trump defied the polls and won in 2016.

McConnell, who has ensured the confirmation of hundreds of conservative judges over the past three and a half years, has indicated repeatedly that he would move a nominee if a high court vacancy occurs late in Trump’s term.

Schumer may staunchly oppose taking up a Trump nominee right before the election, but he has little ability to stop McConnell. Both parties have stripped away the filibuster for judges, and now, only 51 votes are needed to confirm a Supreme Court justice.
Let me tell you about the fat schmuck Schumer
. He is a Bolshevik fraud and a pimp to Big Business , Big Tech , Dirty lawyers are nothing else

He is basically a giant greasy slab of cornbeef with 2 eyes, 2 ears and a huge mouth
. Hs is very smart but has less morals than Stalin
Anti-Semetic assfuck.

Opposition to Chuck U. Schumer isn't based upon anti-semitism, but anti-stalinism.

Sen. Schumer is actually a JINO, BTW. Jewish in Name Only.

I understand that the only way you can cope with TRUMP!'s triumph is to go the sour grapes route, but he didn't cheat.

Yeah, actually he did. The people said no.

Are you some kind of a retard? I have to ask, because you think repeating the other side's argument is sensible.

Fetuses aren't people. A woman who doesn't want to be pregnant will find a way to not be pregnant.

Unless you are willing to imprison women for HAVING abortions, any law you make is meaningless.

I understand that the only way you can cope with TRUMP!'s triumph is to go the sour grapes route, but he didn't cheat.

Yeah, actually he did. The people said no.

Apparently you skipped school the day they went over this in Civics class, so I'll have to educate you. The popular vote literally doesn't matter when it comes to electing the president, only the EC votes matter, and whether you like it or not is irrelevant. Until the constitution is amended, the states elect the president. Thus, there was no cheating and TRUMP! is as legit as Obama. Until they change the rules, one team controlling the ball in a football game still doesn't win the game if the other team scores more points.

Are you some kind of a retard? I have to ask, because you think repeating the other side's argument is sensible.

Fetuses aren't people. A woman who doesn't want to be pregnant will find a way to not be pregnant.

Unless you are willing to imprison women for HAVING abortions, any law you make is meaningless.
But unborn babies ARE human beings, something you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge because for you, superstition overrides science.

The popular vote literally doesn't matter when it comes to electing the president,

Yawn, a technicality doesn't mean he has the will of the people. The people said "NO". Clearly, loudly.

Now, Trump could have did what GWB did, and build bridges and work with people... he hasn't.

But unborn babies ARE human beings, something you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge because for you, superstition overrides science.

Naw, man, practicality overrides "science".

If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she will find a way to not be pregnant.

So you will have one of two things happen. - You'll go back to the pre-1973 standard of a law on the books everyone ignores,

or

you'll have to create a police state where every woman's uterus is property of the state.

I don't give a crap about the fetuses because mostly, I don't really give a crap about a lot of actual people.

I go by, what can you PRACTICALLY accomplish as policy.

The popular vote literally doesn't matter when it comes to electing the president,

Yawn, a technicality doesn't mean he has the will of the people. The people said "NO". Clearly, loudly.

Now, Trump could have did what GWB did, and build bridges and work with people... he hasn't.

A "technicality" that is the only criteria by which the president is elected. You might as well, as I've said many times, insist that the team that held the ball longer actually won the Super Bowl against the team that scored more points.

Naw, man, practicality overrides "science".

If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she will find a way to not be pregnant.

So you will have one of two things happen. - You'll go back to the pre-1973 standard of a law on the books everyone ignores,

or

you'll have to create a police state where every woman's uterus is property of the state.

I don't give a crap about the fetuses because mostly, I don't really give a crap about a lot of actual people.

I go by, what can you PRACTICALLY accomplish as policy.
Therefore you cannot support the Green New Deal, do not support the abrupt elimination of coal and petroleum as an energy source, support opening the economy back up in spite of having no vaccine or treatment for Covid, etc. Congratulations, you're a conservative.

A "technicality" that is the only criteria by which the president is elected. You might as well, as I've said many times, insist that the team that held the ball longer actually won the Super Bowl against the team that scored more points.

Again, we aren't talking about a 'game'. We are talking about the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

The PEOPLE said NO.

Therefore you cannot support the Green New Deal, do not support the abrupt elimination of coal and petroleum as an energy source, support opening the economy back up in spite of having no vaccine or treatment for Covid, etc. Congratulations, you're a conservative.

Um, no, nothing like that at all. It kind of had nothing to do with my point. When you grow up and can address my point, please let me know.

Again, we aren't talking about a 'game'. We are talking about the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

The PEOPLE said NO.

And you still don't grasp the reality that the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" doesn't elect the president in this country. I used a game metaphor because I thought it would be easier for you to understand, since you keep carrying on about totally irrelevant things. See, the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" might be for the Patriots to be humiliated in a Super Bowl, but if they score the most points, they win, simple as that. TRUMP! won the presidency by the only metric that matters, the EC. In addition to that, he was given a stronger Senate in the mid terms, so OBVIOUSLY it's the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" that he be able to appoint justices to the SC, and he is doing that. Everything he does is as legitimate as anything Obama or any of the presidents before him did.

Admit the truth, if the next democrat president is elected by the EC and loses the popular vote, you will do a 180 on this so fast you'll sprain your neck.

Um, no, nothing like that at all. It kind of had nothing to do with my point. When you grow up and can address my point, please let me know.
Has everything to do with your claim to value practicality over science. When you're ready to address what you said, let me know, conservative.

And you still don't grasp the reality that the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" doesn't elect the president in this country.

No, but it is the fundamental operating assumption

The constitution starts WE THE PEOPLE.

The people said no.

Therefore, no one is really obligated to work with Trump unless Trump can convince us it's a good idea.

Has everything to do with your claim to value practicality over science.

Um, no. Science doesn't come into this debate. It's purely a debate on what kind of law you can practically enforce.

I don't particularly want to live with the Sex Police.

And you still don't grasp the reality that the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" doesn't elect the president in this country.

No, but it is the fundamental operating assumption

The constitution starts WE THE PEOPLE.

The people said no.

Therefore, no one is really obligated to work with Trump unless Trump can convince us it's a good idea.

On the contrary, TRUMP! is fully president as much as Obama ever was, with the same authority Obama had. If he puts tariffs on goods originating in a foreign country, you pay that tariff whether you think it's a good idea or not. If a Republican Congress (guess what, elected by the people) to send him legislation you hate and he signs it, you're bound to obey it whether you think it's a good idea or not. If he sends troops into battle and you or "the people" don't like it, well, he has the authority to send them. Your opinion literally means nothing, and simply leaves you ranting toothlessly on the internet. TRUMP! won, and might win again. And guess what, once again, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. If he wins by a single EC vote and loses the popular vote by 10 million, it makes no more difference than if he wins a 49 state (56 in Obama's world) landslide and 85% of the popular vote. He'd still be president with the same authority. Tell you what, will you come back here and say the will of the people elected TRUMP! and he's completely legit if he gets both the EC and popular vote, or will you continue ranting about somebody looked sideways and somebody, or put an ad on FaceBook, and it's JUST NOT FAIR? If Biden is elected, he's elected and he's president. Of course, if his mind is as gone as it seems obvious, he'll at best be a figurehead, trotted out to mumble some stuff now and then while his handlers run things, but he'd be the president, and the voters will know not to do that again.

Has everything to do with your claim to value practicality over science.

Um, no. Science doesn't come into this debate. It's purely a debate on what kind of law you can practically enforce.

I don't particularly want to live with the Sex Police.
Irrelevant. If you insist you only support practical legislation, you cannot support the Green New Deal, cannot support the abrupt termination of using coal and petroleum, and have to support opening the economy back up. Face it, that makes you a conservative, because liberals go for feelz over everything else. And yes, science really does enter into the picture, because people need to be honest about what actually gets killed in an abortion. Pretending that a developing baby is not a human being because he/she doesn't have the legal protection of "personhood" is just trying to weasel out of the truth.

Forum List

Back