Schumer calls for 25th Amendment to be invoked after Capitol riots

Yeah..I agree about the 25th...the correct constitutional process for removal is impeachment. His actions would have to be yet more egregious like running us to defcon 1 or declaring martial law and suspending congress..that level..to warrant the 25th.
Huh! I never thought about impeachment --- probably because it takes too long (and we sure know that because they've been trying to impeach Trump since literally before he took office!). And the point of the consideration of the 25th is that this looks to some people. . . . . maybe to quite a few people. . . like an emergency.

I don't think Trump CAN suspend Congress? It's not like proroguing Parliament, which kings used to do in England pretty often. At least till one parliament cut off the king's head, after which there was less proroguing that went on. As to martial law, I'd say the Pentagon is pretty up on that issue since Trump tried to do that with the rioters trying to get thru the chain link fence this past summer and kill everyone in the White House. At the time, I thought martial law was justified. The military wouldn't do it, however, and I guess that might be a genie that's hard to stuff back in its bottle. As a rule, militaries don't act as agent for a head of government in trouble. If they take over, they do it for their own reasons.

As for Defcon 1 ---- that's the one I'm worried about, but I didn't want to bring it up.

Actually, I think this is quite a hard problem. A misstep taking Trump out could indeed cause a civil war or revolution, but on the other hand ------- we don't want really weird things to keep happening from now till Jan. 20.
Impeachment need not take all that long..if everyone is on board..House take 2 hours to pass it with 110 votes against..and if you listened to the Senate last night..to Pence and to Mitch....60 votes for removal...is very possible.

And if Pence doesn't exercise the 25th Amendment, Pelosi says she will impeach Trump. Good for her!

Link? Link! I'd be very interested.

It's real...and growing~

Schumer is a liar and criminal and should be frog walked out of DC along with the rest of the Democrat old-guard establishment.

Impeachment need not take all that long..if everyone is on board..House take 2 hours to pass it with 110 votes against..and if you listened to the Senate last night..to Pence and to Mitch....60 votes for removal...is very possible.

!! Well, I just swallowed my gum. I haven't been on the news much today what with all the excitement yesterday ---- maybe I'd better watch me some TV. If it COULD happen that fast, I'd hate to miss it.

!! Well, I just swallowed my gum. I haven't been on the news much today what with all the excitement yesterday ---- maybe I'd better watch me some TV. If it COULD happen that fast, I'd hate to miss it.
Well...LOL! It won't happen THAT fast..at first..herding the cats is always the problem..but once they are sitting..there is not a requirement in law that all those hearings and such take place...it can be an up and down vote...in both Chambers.

And if Pence doesn't exercise the 25th Amendment, Pelosi says she will impeach Trump. Good for her!

Link? Link! I'd be very interested.

It's real...and growing~

Thank you for the links!! Good Golly Miss Molly. Okay, now I am truly hornswoggled. Pelosi said at 2:35 this afternoon that either 1. Pence and the Cabinet de-president Trump forthwith, OR 2. She will impeach (and I bet she has the votes, too) and Schumer in the Senate will convict, they're agreed -- if he has the votes (that's not clear to me yet).

Weren't we supposed to get a little downtime after yesterday? I don't know if I can keep up with quite this much history this fast.

Trump needs to be removed from office. He is a danger to nation. He is unfit and deranged. Many Cabinet members know this already. I wouldn't be surprised if they took this action within the next 72 hours.

Now that I am clued up about the Pelosi speech less than an hour ago, I see why you said that.

And I agree ---- well, I would be surprised, I would be AMAZED, but yes, it could be sooner than that, like by tonight. Or tomorrow.

I was trying to find a place earlier to say that the insurrection yesterday was a great example of my point that big things happen FAST --- because if they don't happen fast, they won't happen at all because people will stop it.
And removing Trump from office is exactly that sort of thing: they have to do it fast, or it won't happen at all: people will stop it. So TV time. Really. Now.

Let us assume that they choose to wait or cannot agree to take action ... what may this madmen do in the next 13 days ? ? ? :dunno:

He is still Commander-in-Chief. He can still order troops about. He still has his finger on the nuclear button.

Also, with more cabinet members resigning (Transportation Sect’y Cho, McConnel’s wife, just resigned) there are fewer people around to act or hamper him. He is isolated and angry and ... quite nuts.

Did any of that happen ?

Let us assume that they choose to wait or cannot agree to take action ... what may this madmen do in the next 13 days ? ? ? :dunno:

He is still Commander-in-Chief. He can still order troops about. He still has his finger on the nuclear button.

Also, with more cabinet members resigning (Transportation Sect’y Cho, McConnel’s wife, just resigned) there are fewer people around to act or hamper him. He is isolated and angry and ... quite nuts.

Did any of that happen ?
Well..something that most people are agreed was pretty bad..happened on Jan. 6th, right?

Did any of that happen ?
Well..something that most people are agreed was pretty bad..happened on Jan. 6th, right?

Did we nuke somebody as the post intonates ?

I must have missed that.

I’m not saying he will start a war. Or press the button. I count on him having still at least a shred of sanity, even if he has no sense of responsibility to our Republic and traditions.

Did any of that happen ?
Did we nuke somebody as the post intonates ?
I must have missed that.
What are you talking about?
Read what I wrote above.
And you should probably look up the meaning ...
of the word “intonate.”

Last edited:
Schumer is a filthy , revolting . degenerate POS !!
He is the Jewish Goebbels but even worse

The greasy ugly pastrami face is not in prison ??
He even gathered a mob outside the USSC

Don't expect you to watch the whole thing(15:40), but check out 8:40-9:40. :auiqs.jpg:

Crimes the Capitol Rioters Committed

" Supreme Court Declined To Preside Over The Senate Impeachment "

* Courts Of Public Opinion Are Not Courts Of Law *

Don't expect you to watch the whole thing(15:40), but check out 8:40-9:40. :auiqs.jpg:
Crimes the Capitol Rioters Committed
The determination of liability in a civil crime is by preponderance of evidence , while the determination of guilt in a criminal crime is by beyond a reasonable doubt .

Where is the hard evidence that trump , whom consistently emphasized " law and order " , actually " incited a riot " according to us title 18 code 2102 , which means he would at least be categorically " guilty " of a crime and not just guilty by association with those who participated or incited a riot ?

(b) As used in this chapter, the term “to incite a riot”, or “to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot”, includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.

Forum List

Back