Schools have gone far left

This could have been headed off a long time ago, but American parents are too self absorbed in their own lives to worry about something as important as their kids' educations, something they've decided is no longer their responsibility, but that of the government. Well, you see what happens when you leave it up to the government.

Megyn Kelly removed her children from private school

I'm aware. What she's describing is pervasive throughout the public school system, particularly in the urban areas. It's now creeping into suburbia and it's complete affected universities across the board

It sucks that the idea of not spreading hate is spreading. I guess..............
How is calling a team the Cleveland Indians spreading hate? You’re such a snowflake.

The issue they had was with the stereotypical mascot. How about a team mascots in white hoods?
Mascots weren’t offensive for what 75 yrs and now they are? Snowflake

Yes they were. Those offended simply didn't have a voice.
If the Celtics leprechaun offends me should the Celtics do away with that mascot? Where does this end?

If you and enough people convince them.
And that’s fucking insane.

Names get changed and life goes on. There are so many problems and you are getting this upset at some sports team name.
As I tell my kids it’s the principal and a slippery slope. Chicago is debating cancelling Abe Lincoln.

You can't cancel Lincoln.
Sure you can. Take down all statues and rename all schools with his name.

And he was still the 16th president. History books are still history books.
Winners write history. Once they start teaching the 1619 project he will for all intents and purposes be cancelled. You of course knew that and decided to troll anyway.

A system somewhere does something and people flip out like it's happening everywhere when it's not even close.
It’s happening to my kids so for me it is very real. You wouldn’t understand.

You have chosen to live in one of the more liberal areas of the country. Your choice.
Wasn’t the case just five years ago. It’s become very far left very fast. Warp speed.

Massachusetts always has been.
Never like this. I live here, I know. Liberal has never equates to leftist until most recently. Our Governor is a Republican

This is spot on and Maher is no Republican and he agrees. Why are teachers teaching kids that America is racist? Terrible and awful.

My kids are seeing this too. Which is very unfortunate.
Which classes/subjects is this being taught and how much of a focus is it in their curriculum/studies?

This could have been headed off a long time ago, but American parents are too self absorbed in their own lives to worry about something as important as their kids' educations, something they've decided is no longer their responsibility, but that of the government. Well, you see what happens when you leave it up to the government.

I'm aware. What she's describing is pervasive throughout the public school system, particularly in the urban areas. It's now creeping into suburbia and it's complete affected universities across the board

It sucks that the idea of not spreading hate is spreading. I guess..............
How is calling a team the Cleveland Indians spreading hate? You’re such a snowflake.

The issue they had was with the stereotypical mascot. How about a team mascots in white hoods?

If the Celtics leprechaun offends me should the Celtics do away with that mascot? Where does this end?

Names get changed and life goes on. There are so many problems and you are getting this upset at some sports team name.
As I tell my kids it’s the principal and a slippery slope. Chicago is debating cancelling Abe Lincoln.

Winners write history. Once they start teaching the 1619 project he will for all intents and purposes be cancelled. You of course knew that and decided to troll anyway.

A system somewhere does something and people flip out like it's happening everywhere when it's not even close.

You have chosen to live in one of the more liberal areas of the country. Your choice.
Wasn’t the case just five years ago. It’s become very far left very fast. Warp speed.

Never like this. I live here, I know. Liberal has never equates to leftist until most recently. Our Governor is a Republican

Then he must be cool with it.

This is spot on and Maher is no Republican and he agrees. Why are teachers teaching kids that America is racist? Terrible and awful.

Which classes/subjects is this being taught and how much of a focus is it in their curriculum/studies?
Social Studies, Music and English. I would say a rough estimate is 30%.

We don’t know as this just went on steroids. But we will see.

1614533289299.jpg

What grade?

We don’t know as this just went on steroids. But we will see.

View attachment 462696

A district analysis of the program found that more than 70 percent of students enrolled in the program were white and Asian, even though nearly 80 percent of all Boston public school students are Hispanic and Black.

Boston has long been known as a racist area. Many athlete's have complained about not wanting to play there.

Seems maybe they want to address this. Good for them.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

What grade?
5th and 7th...
Those are pretty young and impressionable ages. Sorry if I’m asking you to repeat yourself but I am curious what exactly they are being told

What grade?
5th and 7th...
Those are pretty young and impressionable ages. Sorry if I’m asking you to repeat yourself but I am curious what exactly they are being told

#1) Being white makes you privileged. They had to do an ancestry project and illustrate when exactly they took advantage of the system to garner the aforementioned privilege.

#2) They had to do a paper on the Israeli/Pali conflict and explain why Israel is an apartheid state (7th grade) not 5th.

#3) They had to Google the 1619 project and explain why 1619 and not 1776 is what we should be concentrating on and the date.

#4) They had to write about stereotypes in Music and why the black culture aka Rap and HipHop is associated with negativity many a time.

#5) They had to compare segregation of bathrooms by gender to segregation of bathrooms by color in the old South.

#6) My 7th grader is being forced to read that Robin DiAngelo propaganda.

I can go on but they are home half the time now due to COVID so we see all this and it is annoying.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

#1) Being white makes you privileged. They had to do an ancestry project and illustrate when exactly they took advantage of the system to garner the aforementioned privilege.

#2) They had to do a paper on the Israeli/Pali conflict and explain why Israel is an apartheid state (7th grade) not 5th.

#3) They had to Google the 1619 project and explain why 1619 and not 1776 is what we should be concentrating on and the date.

#4) They had to write about stereotypes in Music and why the black culture aka Rap and HipHop is associated with negativity many a time.

#5) They had to compare segregation of bathrooms by gender to segregation of bathrooms by color in the old South.

I can go on but they are home half the time now due to COVID so we see all this and it is annoying.
Thats quite the curriculum for middle schoolers. Came a long way from when I was there. It’s seems like they are being given the opportunity to research explore and analyze on their own, right? From what I’ve heard from you on this board I’m sure you are challenging the premise of many of those assignments. What kind of things are your kids finding? Are you learning anything useful? Also, I don’t see why you are objecting to them reading anything. School should be exposing students to diversity of thought. They can agree or disagree but exposure is never a bad thing in my opinion

What grade?
5th and 7th...

Thats quite the curriculum for middle schoolers. Came a long way from when I was there. It’s seems like they are being given the opportunity to research explore and analyze in their own, right? From what I’ve heard from you on this board I’m sure you are challenging the premise of many of those assignments. What kind of things are your kids finding? Are you learning anything useful? Also, I don’t see why you are objecting to them reading anything. School should be exposing students to diversity of thought. They can agree or disagree but exposure is never a bad thing in my opinion
5th =‘elementary

I object because IMO parents should be discussing such matters not teachers with my little girls. Should they read Mein Kampf? I mean how about Hugo Finn? Nope that’s banned.
They aren’t allowed to disagree. Only conform.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

Thats quite the curriculum for middle schoolers. Came a long way from when I was there. It’s seems like they are being given the opportunity to research explore and analyze in their own, right? From what I’ve heard from you on this board I’m sure you are challenging the premise of many of those assignments. What kind of things are your kids finding? Are you learning anything useful? Also, I don’t see why you are objecting to them reading anything. School should be exposing students to diversity of thought. They can agree or disagree but exposure is never a bad thing in my opinion
5th =‘elementary

I object because IMO parents should be discussing such matters not teachers with my little girls. Should they read Mein Kampf? I mean how about Hugo Finn? Nope that’s banned.
Some material is meant for higher level education for sure but Kampf and Finn are still studied in college. I don’t know the writings of DiAngelo so I can’t comment on that. What kind of effect are you see on you children from these assignments?

What grade?
5th and 7th...

5th =‘elementary

I guess I’m not seeing what is so controversial about those assignments. They do bring in some uncomfortable elements if you are white, I can see that, but alot about our history is uncomfortable.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

5th =‘elementary

Some material is meant for higher level education for sure but Kampf and Finn are still studied in college. I don’t know the writings of DiAngelo so I can’t comment on that. What kind of effect are you see on you children from these assignments?
Google it...she wrote a book that Whites are all racist. You still don’t get it. What if they taught:

#1) Pro Life...abortions are evil
#2) Pro 2nd amendment why every family should own a gun
#3) Gay marriage is bad and that traditional marriage is between a man and a woman
#4) America First, foreign countries in many instances are jealous of America?

That would be wrong too. Maybe teach them Excel or Spanish. The impact on them is confusion because neither my wife nor I agree with what the teachers tell them.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

5th =‘elementary

I guess I’m not seeing what is so controversial about those assignments. They do bring in some uncomfortable elements if you are white, I can see that, but alot about our history is uncomfortable.
Then you need to open your eyes. It’s not for little kids to learn. Want to do it in HS then have at it. A lot of history is uncomfortable but making young kids feel guilty for being white and straight is wrong IMO.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

5th =‘elementary

Google it...she wrote a book that Whites are all racist. You still don’t get it. What if they taught:

#1) Pro Life...abortions are evil
#2) Pro 2nd amendment why every family should own a gun
#3) Gay marriage is bad and that traditional marriage is between a man and a woman
#4) America First, foreign countries in many instances are jealous of America?

That would be wrong too. Maybe teach them Excel or Spanish. The impact on them is confusion because neither my wife nor I agree with what the teachers tell them.
That’s a fair point, although I don’t see racial issues quite the same as abortion and 2nd amendment and other political controversies. Schools need to be inclusive environments and exist for socialization as well as education. I would disagree with lessons teaching that all whites are racist that’s for sure, but there has been much of our history that has been flat out ignored and I don’t have a problem with shining a light on what’s been dark for so long.

What grade?
5th and 7th...

5th =‘elementary

Then you need to open your eyes. It’s not for little kids to learn. Want to do it in HS then have at it. A lot of history is uncomfortable but making young kids feel guilty for being white and straight is wrong IMO.
Do your girls feel guilty for being white and straight?

What grade?
5th and 7th...

5th =‘elementary

Do your girls feel guilty for being white and straight?
I ask because perhaps they aren’t reacting to these lessons in the same way you are reacting... but I’m not there so I’m asking what you’re seeing

Public and even some private schools are just institutions for leftwing indoctrination - it's child abuse. We should end government funding of schools and provide vouchers for parents to use as they see fit.

Forum List

Back