School that doesn't love boobies doesn't like lawsuits more

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
School changes policy on controversial bracelets | wlbz2.com

WALDOBORO, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- School officials in Waldoboro have changed their rules, and will now allow high school students to wear controversial breast cancer awareness bracelets.

The bracelets are sold in many stores, and carry the slogan "I love boobies." They're marketed by a national group called the "Keep A Breast Foundation", which says it wants to increase awareness of breast cancer among young people.

An online news report from NBC estimates the Foundation sold two million of the bracelets in 2010. But when the bracelets started showing up at Medomak Valley High School in Waldoboro, officials said they violated the school's dress code and were causing disruption-so they banned them. Several students have been suspended for refusing to take the bracelets off. Laurie Naum of Union, whose son was threatened with suspension, says she contacted a lawyer and the American Civil Liberties Union (AACLU).

:clap2:

I fail to see how wearing a bracelet does anything positive for breast cancer. "Look at me! I'm against breast cancer!" Like anyone would be for breast cancer. :uhoh3:

And honestly, who doesn't know about breast cancer? It's just like those "AIDS Awareness" campaigns.

Forum List

Back