School giving Condoms to Middle School Students?

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
The San Francisco school department has been giving sex education and condoms to high school students who request it for awhile now. It is strictly confidential, between counselor/nurse and student and parents are not involved or notified.
Because about 10-15% of middle schoolers report being sexually active and because 5% become pregnant or contract STD's, the school district is considering expanding the sex education/birth control services to the middle schools.
Parents will not be notified.

SF Officials Consider Plan To Give Condoms To Middle School Students
https://www.sfdph.org/dph/files/reports/StudiesData/98ChildHealth/sexual.pdf
S.F. middle schools’ condom curriculum

I can see both sides on this one. It is a parent's job to have "the talk," but not all parents believe in sex education for their adolescents/preadolescents. Some parents believe that telling them about protection or birth control will "promote" promiscuity. Those kids make uneducated and risky choices sometimes followed by life changing consequences like pregnancy or HIV.
Then again, I would be upset if my son came home with condoms and brochures BEFORE we had the "talk."

Personally, I agree with schools providing birth control/sex education to students when they ask for it, because if they're asking for it, they obviously haven't got parents who have covered the topic at home. No parent wants their thirteen year old daughter coming home pregnant or their 13 year old son coming home with an STD. So why wait until a stranger tells them about responsibility? It's not sex education that causes sexual exploration during adolescence--it's hormones and the wholely natural wish to grow up.
If the school were obligated to tell the parents about such a visit to the nurse, the kids wouldn't come for help. But they would still be sexually active, imo. Just not safely.
Where do other parents stand?

You need to understand 'Frisco logic.

Surely rain will follow the long, long, drought.

When the rain comes the kids will need safe, dry pouches for their stash.

It's a matter of controlling air pollution - burning wet weed produces ugly clouds.

You need to understand 'Frisco logic.

Surely rain will follow the long, long, drought.

When the rain comes the kids will need safe, dry pouches for their stash.

It's a matter of controlling air pollution - burning wet weed produces ugly clouds.
We used to just fill them with water and toss them.

What makes you think only Jr high students in California are having sex, even though they have been told not to...Arkansas lead the nation for years being the state with the most teenage unwed mothers category, and they be white, oh yeah..

What makes you think only Jr high students in California are having sex, even though they have been told not to...Arkansas lead the nation for years being the state with the most teenage unwed mothers category, and they be white, oh yeah..
Have Arkansas parents wised up?

Have Arkansas parents wised up?
Not much,,no....I don't have any grand kids and I'm 54...
Hope you get the chance someday. It's very cool.

The San Francisco school department has been giving sex education and condoms to high school students who request it for awhile now. It is strictly confidential, between counselor/nurse and student and parents are not involved or notified.
Because about 10-15% of middle schoolers report being sexually active and because 5% become pregnant or contract STD's, the school district is considering expanding the sex education/birth control services to the middle schools.

I can see both sides on this one. It is a parent's job to have "the talk," but not all parents believe in sex education for their adolescents/preadolescents. Some parents believe that telling them about protection or birth control will "promote" promiscuity. Those kids make uneducated and risky choices sometimes followed by life changing consequences like pregnancy or HIV.
Then again, I would be upset if my son came home with condoms and brochures BEFORE we had the "talk."

Personally, I agree with schools providing birth control/sex education to students when they ask for it, because if they're asking for it, they obviously haven't got parents who have covered the topic at home. No parent wants their thirteen year old daughter coming home pregnant or their 13 year old son coming home with an STD. So why wait until a stranger tells them about responsibility? It's not sex education that causes sexual exploration during adolescence--it's hormones and the wholely natural wish to grow up.
If the school were obligated to tell the parents about such a visit to the nurse, the kids wouldn't come for help. But they would still be sexually active, imo. Just not safely.

Many schools around the country a kid can pick one up at the nurses office. High schools and universities might have a bowl of them in the health office along with discount coupons and instruction along with other information about safe sex.

Rather the kids have safe sex than unprotected sex. They will do it anyway at some point.

This is good to keep American kids from having kids, since our tax dollars are needed to pay for the illegals who come here to have their kids.

One more big reason to pull your kids from the derainged California school systems.

One more big reason to pull your kids from the derainged California school systems.

So you support kids having kids?

No, I support parents being informed what their child is doing. The school has no right to do it without the parents permission.

No, I support parents being informed what their child is doing. The school has no right to do it without the parents permission.

Kids go ahead and have sex without their parent's permission or knowledge. Better they do so safely.

SanFreakShow.....$15,000 in taxpayer money to build a public urination wall. Way to go you liberal loons, keep doing this garbage and then keep wondering why normal people laugh at your nonsense

SF Encourages Peeing in Public

San Francisco, CA--With the world’s attention focused on the Bay Area for this weekend’s Super Bowl, some visitors might find themselves confronting San Francisco’s latest incredulity: City-sponsored public urination.

Local residents have begun complaining to officials about what they’re seeing at the corner of Church and 20th Streets, adjacent to a public park and public transit station. Approximately $15,000 was reportedly spent to construct a small, semi-circular wall, about waist high with a hole in the cement, intended for public urination. The location includes no roof and no door, so those using the facility are clearly visible from the sidewalk, passing trains, the park and nearby multi-story housing.

See more at: Pacific Justice Institute

Kids go ahead and have sex without their parent's permission or knowledge. Better they do so safely.
Still doesn't give the school the right not to inform the parents.

Forum List

Back