School boards serve "the community," not parents.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

This video was posted before, to make a different point. My point is in the first few seconds of the video when the mom speaking tell the School Board that they just said that the meeting is to hear from students, the staff, and the community, but not saying "from the parents." That is first rate spin, for this reason:

"Parents" are an actual group of real people, assuming that the speaker means parents with children in that district. They are real people that might come and talk about their real children and how the board's policies are affecting them. They might say things the school board doesn't want to hear and have the standing to say them, their own kids being involved.

"Community?" Much more nebulous term. "Community," could mean anything from the exact neighborhoods zoned to that district or to a school in question to the city, the county, the state, the nation, or the whole world. In practice, since the teacher unions spend so much money backing candidates for school boards, "Community" means just that. Randi Weingarten.

As a libertarian, I want to say "I told you so," or more correctly, "Libertarianism told you so." When you use the process of democracy to force a certain group of people to pay for public schools and use that same force to require children to attend those public schools, you shouldn't be surprised that the government isn't that concerned about the people who send their kids since they are forced to do that anyway.

You pay for public school for your kids through taxes. It is true that money talks. But people who are taking your money at gunpoint no matter what your money says do not need to listen. Only people who are asking you to voluntarily give your money to them need listen to that money talking.

Parents are "community".

Whatever is going on is much deeper than this. I went to several meetings when my degree was secondary education.

I watched a school board get rid of some 20 first year teachers and make the claim that they weren't good enough. One board member finally made the statement publicly that there was nothing wrong with the teachers. The name of the game was to make sure that no teachers were able to sign a longer contract. It was a-ok to fuck someone's career. I have zero respect for school boards. Zero.

That was a great video. The other school board member took the side of the parent and the KAREN SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER WALKS OUT.

The Karen member needs to be replaced. Parents have the right to QUESTION MASK POLICIES ON KIDS............especially when we know kids are at virtually no risk from covid at all.

Forum List

Back