Saying the quiet thing out loud..........again.

Once in a while the cat gets out of the bag. It happened when Kevin McCarthy admitted the Repubs were holding hearings on Hillary because they were trying to knock her poll numbers down. It happened when Vlad's favorite candidate told the Russians he was meeting with in the Oval Office he fired Comey to "relieve pressure" from the "Russia (investigation) thing."

It happened again.

In Supreme Court, GOP attorney defends voting restrictions by saying they help Republicans win

An attorney for Arizona's Republican Party offered a blunt reason for his presence defending the state's voting restrictions before the Supreme Court on Tuesday: The measures disadvantage Democrats.

The Supreme Court is hearing arguments over Arizona voting restrictions in a pair of consolidated cases challenging a state law banning ballot collection and a policy that tosses ballots cast in the wrong precinct. Democrats have sued, saying the rules discriminate against minorities and violate Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...voting-restrictions-saying-they-help-n1259305

You know democrat and republicans aren't protected classes, right?

He's a lawyer as long as he says democrats he's A OK

Every person who has registered to vote has proven that. How many posts until you get to the point?

They have? Including the dead guy who’s stilll a registered voter at my address? Or his wife who hasn’t lived here in almost 5 years? Our voting rolls are a complete and utter joke. They have been for decades.

The system needs a complete and total overhaul to ensure that only CERTIFIED, law abiding US CITIZENS who can prove they are sufficiently Educated, Inforned and Invested in the proper outcome of the election are allowed to vote.

Come on. Be honest.....keep going.

I'm not sure what else you're looking for?

Do you want me to come right out and say that I'm in favor of disenfranchising women, convicted criminals, non-citizens, those who can't pass a simple Civics exam, those who don't have proof of residence, those who can't pass a simple exam about the ballot they're about to receive, those who have no investment in society (don't pay taxes, don't own property, don't have a job, etc...)? There. You've got it.

Now, if you're looking for me to say that I'm wanting to disenfranchise people because of their skin color.... that's not going to happen; because I have no interest in disenfranchising ANYONE due to their skin color or ancestry.

It's not like he had to say it. Voting is a Constitutional right and we should make it as easy as possible. If you want a win, nominate someone the people can support.

That does not mean we should not maintain security in our elections. Why are Democrats so afraid to vote in person with a voter ID?

If Trump doesn't have to, no one has to. I can not answer for Democrats.

Trump should have to and everyone should have to unless they have an unusual circumstance. We can't criticize someone for doing something before it was against the rules. Going forward, shut down mass-scale mail-in voting.

I'm not sure what else you're looking for?

Do you want me to come right out and say that I'm in favor of disenfranchising women, convicted criminals, non-citizens, those who can't pass a simple Civics exam, those who don't have proof of residence, those who can't pass a simple exam about the ballot they're about to receive, those who have no investment in society (don't pay taxes, don't own property, don't have a job, etc...)? There. You've got it.

Now, if you're looking for me to say that I'm wanting to disenfranchise people because of their skin color.... that's not going to happen; because I have no interest in disenfranchising ANYONE due to their skin color or ancestry.

You have already said it.

It's not like he had to say it. Voting is a Constitutional right and we should make it as easy as possible. If you want a win, nominate someone the people can support.

That does not mean we should not maintain security in our elections. Why are Democrats so afraid to vote in person with a voter ID?

If Trump doesn't have to, no one has to. I can not answer for Democrats.

Trump should have to and everyone should have to unless they have an unusual circumstance. We can't criticize someone for doing something before it was against the rules. Going forward, shut down mass-scale mail-in voting.

It's not going to happen. It's working great in the states employing it.

Making it as easy as possible means it wont be a legit election. It needs to be MUCH harder to cast fraudulent votes.

Making it as easy as possible means it wont be a legit election. It needs to be MUCH harder to cast fraudulent votes.

It is already hard which is why it's rare and usually caught. Like the Republicans in North Carolina.

How do you vote in the wrong precinct by mistake?
By making a mistake. The point is the votes are being cast by registered voters. Why don't Repubs want to count them? Because they think it's to their advantage to throw them out.
No, by being an idiot.

If you can't find the assigned precinct polling place, which is in your own neighborhood, you're too stupid to vote.

Voting by mail would make that moot.
Voting by mail is an open invitation to fraud....Cheating favors your team.

Is that why Trump voted by mail?
He voted absentee, not "by mail"....Thare's a vast difference and you're playing stupid on purpose to pretend as though there isn't.
No he didn’t. Florida isn’t an “absentee” state.

Don’t believe me, ask Florida.

By making a mistake. The point is the votes are being cast by registered voters. Why don't Repubs want to count them? Because they think it's to their advantage to throw them out.
No, by being an idiot.

If you can't find the assigned precinct polling place, which is in your own neighborhood, you're too stupid to vote.

TRUMP voted absentee, and he was clear the difference between absentee voting and mass unsolicited mail in ballots being sent out.

Utah sends out ballots to all and they voted for Trump. Did they cheat?

And again, he argued that EVERYONE should vote in person. You lead by example.
No, by being an idiot.

He voted absentee, not "by mail"....Thare's a vast difference and you're playing stupid on purpose to pretend as though there isn't.
FYI- there is ZERO difference in Florida between absentee voting and vote by mail....none, zip, zilch. No difference at all.... there are no restrictions for any registered voter to request a ballot... Florida calls it vote by mail now and not absentee voting from one article that I read....

my state is the same and so is it for a few dozen states.... they've been changing their laws over the past couple of decades to not need an excuse for an absentee ballot.... if registered just request one.

And if you see mail in voting as meaning state gvts mailing ballots to all voters....

the battle ground states DID NOT DO SUCH MAILINGS, you had to request an absentee ballot and be an active registered voter, to get one.... Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan etc DID NOT mass mail ballots, the voter HAD TO request one, just like the former president Trump.

Wrong all the states you listed sent out mass request for absentee ballot. Many people showed were they received mailed request for absentee ballots for dead people, previous residents, children not old enough to vote...and a lot of people said they showed up to vote and were told they had already voted by mail, or that a ballot was sent in the mail, so they would have to vote previsional.
mass requests for absentee ballots IS NOT MASS MAILINGS OF ABSENTEE BALLOTS,
is NOT ...repeat... mass mailing of absentee ballots....

those people that tried to vote twice, (because Trump suggested they do so...) were shown their ballot envelopes with their signature on it etc.

trump suggested to his followers, if they voted absentee, go in to vote in person, to make certain their vote was counted.... giving him the benefit of doubt, he was saying to go in to vote in person, if your absentee vote was counted, then you will be stopped from voting in person because they received it but if they hadnt recorded it, vote in person while there.

in some states it is illegal to even try this....

[/QUOTE]

They don't just want no voter ID laws, but also no signature matching laws for mail in voting. Apparently democrat voters don't know how to get an ID, nor do they know which precinct they vote at, they also have issues with signing their name.

No, by being an idiot.

Horseshit semantics games...

Until 2002, Florida had required voters to provide an excuse to receive an application for a vote-by-mail ballot. Now, an excuse is not needed, but voters still need to procure their applications themselves, as they are not mailed automatically.

The Florida legislature officially changed the ballot name from "absentee" to “vote-by-mail” in 2016 to avoid confusion, according to the Palm Beach Post.

No, by being an idiot.

Until 2002, Florida had required voters to provide an excuse to receive an application for a vote-by-mail ballot. Now, an excuse is not needed, but voters still need to procure their applications themselves, as they are not mailed automatically.

The Florida legislature officially changed the ballot name from "absentee" to “vote-by-mail” in 2016 to avoid confusion, according to the Palm Beach Post.

So in Florida...all you need to do is request an e-mail ballot and you get one.

Ohhh

No, by being an idiot.

So in Florida...all you need to do is request an e-mail ballot and you get one.

Ohhh
Right....You have to ask for it and prove who you are....It's absentee under another name.

But you cheating schmendricks want them mailed out to anyone and everyone whether they want one or not, and without proving who you are.

I'm not fooled by your lame semantic dishonesty.

These 9 states and D.C. send ballots ahead of the election automatically to registered voters

• Vermont
  • Nevada
  • District of Columbia
  • California
  • New Jersey
  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Oregon
Five of those states — Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington — already held elections by mail even before the COVID-19 outbreak. California, Nevada, New Jersey, Vermont and the District have all opted to proactively send ballots to voters this year in response to COVID-19.

Oregon, Colorado and Washington have held successful all-mail elections for years, and other states, including Florida and California, expanded their vote-by-mail capacity before the pandemic. Nearly everywhere else, the technical and logistical challenges loom large for budget-squeezed election officials with limited experience.

So why was it an issue this year?

With Covid...absentee ballots became a partisan issue.

trumpers not fearing the virus voted in many states in person. Dems used early voting and absentee voting.

States with Republican legislatures set it up do that in person election day voting was counted first...giving the impression that Trump was winning.

Once the early votes were counted and absentee votes counted...it all changed.

BECAUSE TRUMP LOST

But it gave Republicans the opportunity to claim they were winning...at one point

Forum List

Back