anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Marie Le Pen is right, Europe is in a sort of war, every European capital throwing dirt on the others constantly.

But how about taking a clue from Austria-Hungary, the only functioning multinational country of Europe.

Austria-Hungary was created by an Ausgleich that was primarily a cultural exchange to facilitate a free mutual understanding of all language groups and all ethnic groups.

Now, in the unique new world of every communication legal and business with governments or others running mostly on the Internet, the European Union could bring in a law, to force every local municipality and national authority in every member state, to do all its publications in all those languages that are official in their neighbor states in addition to the local language.

Then, once every government document is published in all the neighboring languages, service petitions, all applications, and all court cases could be routed for processing in the member state of the language of submission.

Mixed language cases could be adjudicated by mixed language judge panels.

As the AH Ausgleich proved that the future is based on language freedom, the European Union could take a clue that they would need to produce such a language freedom before they think of survival.

Your take? Discuss.

One of the speakers said that the bombing and killing of "innocents" are completely prohibited in Islam. What non-believers (infidels) don't realize is that in Islam, whether you are an infant, child or adult, if you are non-Muslim, you are NOT an innocent. Only the killing of those considered to be true Muslims are prohibited in Islam.

One of the speakers said that the bombing and killing of "innocents" are completely prohibited in Islam. What non-believers (infidels) don't realize is that in Islam, whether you are an infant, child or adult, if you are non-Muslim, you are NOT an innocent. Only the killing of those considered to be true Muslims are prohibited in Islam.

So Le Pen is right, unless Europe resolves the language administration problems, it will be Arabic for everyone in a generation.

Le Pen has never been right about anything.

Isn't Le Pen right though, that the majority of Europe's problems is because of language problems? Like look at Belgium for example, that country was formed because the Vallons didn't want to learn Duch.
Belgium is not a problem., neither is Switzerland which also has numerous languages. It is something to celebrate.

Isn't Le Pen right though, that the majority of Europe's problems is because of language problems? Like look at Belgium for example, that country was formed because the Vallons didn't want to learn Duch.
Belgium is not a problem., neither is Switzerland which also has numerous languages. It is something to celebrate.

That is what I am saying. If every EU member makes all its neighbors' national languages an additional national administrative language, then a united Europe can form. Without that, the EU will fail.

By the way, I know from Swiss and Belgian people, that neither Switzerland nor Belgium is solid on their multi language foundations. Swiss Germans don't want to speak French to the Swiss French, and the Swiss french don't want to speak German to the Swiss German. Even though both learn both in school. Same in Belgium.

That is what I am saying. If every EU member makes all its neighbors' national languages an additional national administrative language, then a united Europe can form. Without that, the EU will fail.

By the way, I know from Swiss and Belgian people, that neither Switzerland nor Belgium is solid on their multi language foundations. Swiss Germans don't want to speak French to the Swiss French, and the Swiss french don't want to speak German to the Swiss German. Even though both learn both in school. Same in Belgium.
There was some talk a few years back of splitting Belgium into 3. French,Flemish and Brussels as a sort of City State. Good luck to them.

There was some talk a few years back of splitting Belgium into 3. French,Flemish and Brussels as a sort of City State. Good luck to them.

Following this model, it may be interesting to cantonize not only Belgium but every country in the EU. And put the canton borders per the longest standing language borders in the past 1000 year history. That may work probably even better, but I think the EU should start an internal war to achieve anything like that, in addition to its external border wars that it is running in all its neighbor's currently.

Following this model, it may be interesting to cantonize not only Belgium but every country in the EU. And put the canton borders per the longest standing language borders in the past 1000 year history. That may work probably even better, but I think the EU should start an internal war to achieve anything like that, in addition to its external border wars that it is running in all its neighbor's currently.
Europe is fine. If some parts want to redefine themselves that is fine as well. The beauty of the EU is that these changes dont lead to bloodshed any more.

Europe is fine. If some parts want to redefine themselves that is fine as well. The beauty of the EU is that these changes dont lead to bloodshed any more.

That was the goal, but failed with Lisbon.

Now the Germany borders, Italy borders, Hungary borders, basically every border that the ww2 entente drew in 1947 needs a new bloodshed, and re drawing, and very few politicians are honest enough to admit this, one of them being Marie Le Pen.

That was the goal, but failed with Lisbon.

Now the Germany borders, Italy borders, Hungary borders, basically every border that the ww2 entente drew in 1947 needs a new bloodshed, and re drawing, and very few politicians are honest enough to admit this, one of them being Marie Le Pen.
Man, you live in a world of illusions. The language divisions, the border divisions have existed in Europe because of a natural historical process. The only way to smooth these divisions is to create a single political and economical bloc without internal borders, not the opposite. Though, how viable this bloc will be is an issue which can be discussed. But no sane person will pick the tusk to bring the cantonization to life. If Marin Le Pen supports this idea, then it is one more sign that she is a cheap populist and nothing more.

New Topics

Forum List

Back