Saudi morality police detain men for dancing at birthday party: report

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Can you imagine if the Morality Police came across Chippendale men at a party hosted by Saudi women? I doubt if someone in Saudi Arabia wanted to have a birthday party that he or she could invite both sexes to the party.

image.jpg

A water fountain adorns the Erga Palace as U.S. President Barack Obama and Saudi Arabian King, Salman bin Abdul Aziz participate in a bilateral meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015. (AP / Carolyn Kaster)

Share:

Text:

Abdullah Al-Shihri and Aya Batrawy, The Associated Press
Published Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:14AM EST
Last Updated Sunday, February 22, 2015 12:42PM EST
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's morality police detained a group of young men for dancing at a birthday party and referred them to prosecutors, according to a state-linked media report.

The news website Ayn al-Youm reported Saturday that the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice raided a private property in the city of Buraydah, arresting the men inside for "loud music and inappropriate dancing."

Buraydah is the provincial capital of Saudi Arabia's Qassim province, which is home to some of the kingdom's most conservative clerics, who practice a strict interpretation of Islam known as Wahhabism.

Read more: Saudi morality police detain men for dancing at birthday party report CTV News

image.jpg

A water fountain adorns the Erga Palace as U.S. President Barack Obama and Saudi Arabian King, Salman bin Abdul Aziz participate in a bilateral meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015. (AP / Carolyn Kaster)

Share:

Text:

Abdullah Al-Shihri and Aya Batrawy, The Associated Press
Published Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:14AM EST
Last Updated Sunday, February 22, 2015 12:42PM EST
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's morality police detained a group of young men for dancing at a birthday party and referred them to prosecutors, according to a state-linked media report.

The news website Ayn al-Youm reported Saturday that the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice raided a private property in the city of Buraydah, arresting the men inside for "loud music and inappropriate dancing."

Buraydah is the provincial capital of Saudi Arabia's Qassim province, which is home to some of the kingdom's most conservative clerics, who practice a strict interpretation of Islam known as Wahhabism.

Read more: Saudi morality police detain men for dancing at birthday party report CTV News
Good for the Muttawa....... :thup:

Orthodox Jewish 'Modesty Patrols' Put Israelis on Edge
Orthodox Jewish Modesty Patrols Put Israelis on Edge Fox News

"The morality police aren’t just patrolling Iran or the Islamic State — they’re standing watch at a school in Brooklyn.

Female students at Yeshiva of Flatbush are outraged that two monitors were hired this school year to patrol hallways for exposed collarbones and calves."
Morality police patrol for exposed flesh at NYC school New York Post

So tell us, Delta, since you know it all, do the Orthodox Jews lash men if they find them dancing at parties? I have seen videos where the Orthodox men seem to be having a great time dancing the night away. Say, I have a great idea. When Chabad has its Telethon, why don't you join Jon Voight and the Chabad Rabbi when they dance together. I don't think they would mine, and you might be such a great dancer that you will be offered a job as a backup dancer for some musical video.

Forum List

Back