Saturn Moon Titan Has Molecules That Could Help Make Cell Membranes

I'm hi I'm hi now enlighten m
I'm already hi enlighten me

Well, I've never tried over the internet before lol, so I'll just go in spurts of things I've picked up along the way. I'm good with my views not toeing the line with any one religion or theorized view.

The thing that blew my mind the most was when I discovered all the things that the Bible referred to that would have easily been called the remote past even in the time of its authorship; like the time of the lowercase gods (Nephilim as Genesis called them), and the days before the flood.

The distant past when gods (or the sons of God) came from the heavens and meddled in all Earthly affairs is echoed everywhere on Earth in antiquity. There's something to be said about that when you step back and understand that these were paleolithic people trying to make sense of something much greater than them.

South Pacific island cult worship the spirit of an American World War II soldier | Daily Mail Online

History is far from settled and riddled with holes. The Dogon tribe in Mali, Africa goes back over 5,000 years and they already knew Sirius has a companion white dwarf star invisible to human eyes with a 50 year elliptical orbit around it. How the hell these primitive people knew all this thousands of years before the telescope are the kinds of questions that lead to some very interesting accounts of our history.

Before the flood, the Bible says people lived for almost 1,000 years at a time, and right after the flood, that lifespan is cut severely (back to our normal span).

How did they live for so long? Well, as it turns out, the more remote you go into the past, the longer everyone seems to live, like with Sumer and their ancient (remote past even for their time 6,000 years ago) kings who reigned for thousands of years each. Again, these things are echoed throughout the Earth by people who supposedly lived too far away from each other to communicate.

The truths between the lines in History point to a fallen human species/civilization, not one that has been consistently evolving forward since the ice age.

This is also where Science and Technology (and medicine!) start to get really interesting. :)

A better question would be, why do we age?

Degradation of telomere nucleotides during mitosis?

Last I checked, scientists don't understand fully why we age.

Last I was taught in school, it the was the understanding we were presented with. lol

Saturn's huge moon Titan harbors yet another possible key ingredient for life, a new study reports.

Titan's thick atmosphere contains large quantities of vinyl cyanide molecules, which could conceivably form membranes around cells in the liquid-hydrocarbon seas that dot the frigid moon's surface, according to the study.

Many astrobiologists regard these seas of methane as possibly habitable environments, especially considering that a variety of complex, carbon-containing organic compounds are known to exist on Titan. However, any life the moon's seas may support would have to be very different from Earth's organisms, which depend heavily on liquid water. [Amazing Photos: Titan, Saturn's Largest Moon]

Cell membranes are a case in point. Here on Earth, membranes consist of fatty molecules called lipids. But lipids cannot survive in the otherworldly Titan environment, which features a hydrocarbon-based weather system and average surface temperatures of around minus 290 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 180 degrees Celsius), study team members said.

I have never heard of vinyl cyanide.

There is zero life on any of the moons or planets outside of our own. This is a pure science-fantasy piece, claiming life "could exist" just because there are elements that support life. Carbon compounds don't just mix together and magically create life. Stop spreading lies.

The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion | Daily Planet | Air & Space Magazine

The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion

Read more at The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion | Daily Planet | Air & Space Magazine

60 billion to one chance you are right.

The popular notion is that because we’ve been transmitting radio and TV signals for more than a century—and because those signals are spreading into space at the speed of light—surely a sophisticated species would have gotten wind of us. Problem is, in a universe that stretches for 13.8 billion light-years in all directions, the 100 light-years our signals have traveled so far make them a decidedly local broadcast.

Of course, it’s much too early to consider any of this proof of a negative. The universe is huge and ancient, and a 50-year exploration isn’t even a single pixel in the sweeping mural of time. Science does make hard, sudden turns: one day there was no Copernicus saying the Earth isn’t the center of the universe, and then there was—and nothing was ever the same again. Ditto Einstein and his relativistic universe; ditto Leeuwenhoek and the previously unseen biosphere revealed by his microscope.

The odds of you explaining how life can manifest itself out of an inorganic environment is far less than 1 in 60 billion.

But you can explain it? God grabbed sand and made man?

Did I claim to know how it was created? No.

I certainly wouldn't discount that as a possibility, since science has no answer at all.

They want to believe we are alone.
"We" KNOW we're not alone. It is your side "praying" God doesn't exist and that there "must" be physical creatures we are more comfortable with SOMEWHERE.
I don't pray God doesn't exist we just believe that's just wishful thinking.

I believe with all my mind body and soul your god story isn't real just like the 999 others that came before or after.

So maybe there is a creator. We've never gotten any credible evidence. For thousands of years religions have controlled the masses with religions but now science is freedom and truth logic facts evidence theories

Saturn's huge moon Titan harbors yet another possible key ingredient for life, a new study reports.

Titan's thick atmosphere contains large quantities of vinyl cyanide molecules, which could conceivably form membranes around cells in the liquid-hydrocarbon seas that dot the frigid moon's surface, according to the study.

Many astrobiologists regard these seas of methane as possibly habitable environments, especially considering that a variety of complex, carbon-containing organic compounds are known to exist on Titan. However, any life the moon's seas may support would have to be very different from Earth's organisms, which depend heavily on liquid water. [Amazing Photos: Titan, Saturn's Largest Moon]

Cell membranes are a case in point. Here on Earth, membranes consist of fatty molecules called lipids. But lipids cannot survive in the otherworldly Titan environment, which features a hydrocarbon-based weather system and average surface temperatures of around minus 290 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 180 degrees Celsius), study team members said.

There is zero life on any of the moons or planets outside of our own. This is a pure science-fantasy piece, claiming life "could exist" just because there are elements that support life. Carbon compounds don't just mix together and magically create life. Stop spreading lies.

The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion | Daily Planet | Air & Space Magazine

The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion

Read more at The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion | Daily Planet | Air & Space Magazine

The popular notion is that because we’ve been transmitting radio and TV signals for more than a century—and because those signals are spreading into space at the speed of light—surely a sophisticated species would have gotten wind of us. Problem is, in a universe that stretches for 13.8 billion light-years in all directions, the 100 light-years our signals have traveled so far make them a decidedly local broadcast.

Of course, it’s much too early to consider any of this proof of a negative. The universe is huge and ancient, and a 50-year exploration isn’t even a single pixel in the sweeping mural of time. Science does make hard, sudden turns: one day there was no Copernicus saying the Earth isn’t the center of the universe, and then there was—and nothing was ever the same again. Ditto Einstein and his relativistic universe; ditto Leeuwenhoek and the previously unseen biosphere revealed by his microscope.

The odds of you explaining how life can manifest itself out of an inorganic environment is far less than 1 in 60 billion.

I certainly wouldn't discount that as a possibility, since science has no answer at all.
Here is something I can agree with. There maybe nothing like us in the entire universe. Our size, our sun's size, the moon, atmosphere, distance from the sun, 5 mass global extinctions, meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs, how life got started here, ozone, radiation, etc...

We are amazing. I think it's ignorant to say but we could be the smartest things in the universe. No other creatures can send something up in space or build a city and invent the internet. That's possible. It's also possible another race has visited us. I'm more convinced there's lots of life in the universe but it's probably more like all the other animals on earth especially the small ones like tardigrades. Or like those worms that's live at the bottom of the ocean where photosynthesis doesn't reach. Clams down there too.

Tardigrades can survive in outer space.

So since we rule this planet I can see why we think we are special and I think we are but not that special.

So you'll accept any ridiculous explanation from our ignorant ancestors rather than admit we don't know? And we've never known and might never.

If their explanation doesn't pass scientific test then I can't accept it despite the threat of hell or hope of heaven. It's not evil my brain just doesn't work that way.

Forum List

Back