Satanic Group unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma Capitol

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.

Group Unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma - ABC News

Satan-statue-design-610x400.jpg

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet,.......
Outside agitators from NY are the idiots trying to force their nonsense on the good Christian people of Oklahoma. ... :evil:

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet,.......
Outside agitators from NY are the idiots trying to force their nonsense on the good Christian people of Oklahoma. ... :evil:
don't you mean the good anti freedom of expression and religion Christians?

I'm a Christian and I find it appalling to have a Satanic statue in a public building....that is why I am a strong supporter of "Separation of Church and State"....

We have people of many faiths and beliefs in this country, and as Christians we shouldn't demand that only Christian statues/icons be allowed simply because it would be unfair. These people of different faiths also pay taxes, and whether this is being done only to bring attention to the fact that some groups insist on putting Christian religious icons and in keeping with our Constitution on equality, they should be given the same privilege....or maybe they truly believe in such a hideous evil being and want to honor him?

I say take them all down.

Christians, especially, are wrong for wanting Christian icons....the 10 Commandments clearly points out no images of God/God things, should ever be made.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Last edited:
I would love it if these yahoos raised the tens of thousands of dollars, then erected the thing...and then got to experience it being leveled by irate citizens.

Cuz that is what will happen. Every time it goes up.

I'm a Christian and I find it appalling to have a Satanic statue in a public building....that is why I am a strong supporter of "Separation of Church and State"....

We have people of many faiths and beliefs in this country, and as Christians we shouldn't demand that only Christian statues/icons be allowed simply because it would be unfair. These people of different faiths also pay taxes, and whether this is being done only to bring attention to the fact that some groups insist on putting Christian religious icons and in keeping with our Constitution on equality, they should be given the same privilege....or maybe they truly believe in such a hideous evil being and want to honor him?

Christians, especially, are wrong for wanting Christian icons....the 10 Commandments clearly points out that images of God should never be made.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Good grief, shut up. The written ten commandments on a pillar or whatever it is is not a graven image, nitwit. A graven image is an object that is worshipped as a god, or in the place of a god.

Last edited:

Christians, especially, are wrong for wanting Christian icons....the 10 Commandments clearly points out that images of God should never be made.

Good grief, shut up. The written ten commandments on a pillar or whatever it is is not a graven image, nitwit.

What does know-nothing think it is? And maybe you should shut up, you never have anything of substance to say.

don't you mean the good anti freedom of expression and religion Christians?
Nope .. :cool:

Actually, what I said right there was substantial.

And "ignorant know-nothing" is my pet name for you, Mertex. Stop stealing my lines, plagarist, or I'll have to start calling you Jake.

Actually, what I said right there was substantial.
What you said was inconsequential We have plenty of nice things in America, you must also be blind and not just dumb not to see that.

And "ignorant know-nothing" is my pet name for you, Mertex. Stop stealing my lines, plagarist, or I'll have to start calling you Jake.
Nobody gives a crap what you call anyone.....you always have demeaning things to say about people who call out your ignorance....instead of trying to learn, so quit bragging about being a Christian....nobody believes you can pray and talk the way you do with the same mouth.

Ephesians 4:29 ESV
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Did I miss where Satan was somehow the root of our legal system?

If you really want to put this up fine. But don't be upset when we put up the host of angels overthrowing Satan around it.

I grew up in Oklahoma and have relatives who were part of the Oklahoma land run.

It was settled by salt of the earth poor farmers who cleared the land and built the towns and Christian churches.

That is the heritage of the majority of the people who live there.

And I don't recall ever reading about any Satanist contribution to the territory becoming a state.

But now a bunch of satanist nitwits from NY, who most likely haven't ever set foot in Oklahoma, want to force the people there to accept the blasphemous statue of satan on the capitol grounds. ... :doubt:

Did I miss where Satan was somehow the root of our legal system?

If you really want to put this up fine. But don't be upset when we put up the host of angels overthrowing Satan around it.
then someone else will put demons ...

Which really wont matter because the angelic host overthrowing Satan and the demons would still be clear.

Forum List

Back