Santorum the thin skinned..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Apparently, Rick Santorum is now upset that SNL did a parody of him..........

Rick Santorum criticized a Saturday Night Live skit that poked fun at his anti-gay marriage views and trailing poll numbers as "bullying" in an interview this weekend.

SNL, in a send-up of last week's Bloomberg/Washington Post debate that set candidate's seating order based on poll numbers, said seating for the skit was based "on the likelihood of the candidate winning the nomination."

Actors playing contenders Herman Cain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were seated at the table, while Texas Gov. Rick Perry was placed in the corner of the set, Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) was banished to a parking garage, former Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) and Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) were put a broom closet, and Santorum in "a crowded gay bar in the Castro district of San Francisco."

Although Santorum, played by Andy Samberg, had only a limited roll in the sketch, he was portrayed as upset and uncomfortable.

New Hampshire radio station WGIR asked Santorum on Sunday about the sketch — the former Pennsylvania senator said that while he hadn't yet seen it, he had been "hammered" for his support of conservative principles.

"We’ve been hammered by the left for my standing up for the traditional family and I will continue to do so," Santorum said. "The left, unfortunately, participates in bullying more than the right does. They say that they’re tolerant, and they’re anything but tolerant of people who disagree with them and support traditional values."

Santorum calls SNL sketch 'bullying' - The Hill's Video

I thought that during political season, SNL made fun of ALL the politicians. They've done it with Hillary, Obama, as well as many others, yet Santorum seems to not like the attention.

And besides, how can this be considered "bullying"?

Rick Santorum criticized a Saturday Night Live skit that poked fun at his anti-gay marriage views and trailing poll numbers as "bullying" in an interview this weekend.

SNL, in a send-up of last week's Bloomberg/Washington Post debate that set candidate's seating order based on poll numbers, said seating for the skit was based "on the likelihood of the candidate winning the nomination."

Actors playing contenders Herman Cain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were seated at the table, while Texas Gov. Rick Perry was placed in the corner of the set, Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) was banished to a parking garage, former Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) and Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) were put a broom closet, and Santorum in "a crowded gay bar in the Castro district of San Francisco."

Although Santorum, played by Andy Samberg, had only a limited roll in the sketch, he was portrayed as upset and uncomfortable.

New Hampshire radio station WGIR asked Santorum on Sunday about the sketch — the former Pennsylvania senator said that while he hadn't yet seen it, he had been "hammered" for his support of conservative principles.

"We’ve been hammered by the left for my standing up for the traditional family and I will continue to do so," Santorum said. "The left, unfortunately, participates in bullying more than the right does. They say that they’re tolerant, and they’re anything but tolerant of people who disagree with them and support traditional values."

I thought that during political season, SNL made fun of ALL the politicians. They've done it with Hillary, Obama, as well as many others, yet Santorum seems to not like the attention.

1st Amendment motherfucker, you wanna be president, deal with it.

Wonder if Santorum is gonna go the way of the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil (Palin) and start picking fights with people just to keep himself relevant?

Santorum is a Dick.....

Santorum is a Dick.....

I thought he was a Penis?

1st Amendment motherfucker, you wanna be president, deal with it.

Memo that to Obama, thanks....

I get the feeling that he got beat up a lot when he was a kid.

Ever consider that you libs and SNL might be a little thin skinned when you are offended by the word "bullying"? Left leaning has been "comedy" shows are the first to whine about sniff...sniff...alleged unfair words by politicians.

This guy is irrelevant I don't even understand why he is in the race...

People don't want to vote for an asshole... I mean he is just a straight up hate-able asshole, nothing lovable about him

What a cry baby.....you gotta have thicker skin than that to run in a presidential campaign

SNL is apparently offended that a politician uses words like "bullying" when they are caught trying to influence voters with unfunny parodies about him. Once in a while SNL will make fun of a democrat but's usually light stuff. They really bear down with the hate speech on pro-life candidates

Ever consider that you libs and SNL might be a little thin skinned when you are offended by the word "bullying"? Left leaning has been "comedy" shows are the first to whine about sniff...sniff...alleged unfair words by politicians.

Interestingly enough, I don't think that SNL really gives a shit if they're called bullies or not.

Santorum is the one that brought up the word, he's the one bitching.

Sorry, ya can't spin that as anything other than right wing whining.

Forum List

Back