Zone1 Santa and Jesus

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
You know, I really don't see what problem a lot of Christians have with Santa Claus. As long as they know what Christmas is truly about, isn't Jesus and Santa both about giving, loving, and caring onto others? Sure when kids get older they'll learn that Santa is really just a spirit not actually a person, but still I say let kids be kids as I don't see anything wrong with it personally.

You know, I really don't see what problem a lot of Christians have with Santa Claus. As long as they know what Christmas is truly about, isn't Jesus and Santa both about giving, loving, and caring onto others? Sure when kids get older they'll learn that Santa is really just a spirit not actually a person, but still I say let kids be kids as I don't see anything wrong with it personally.

Neurotics always have issues. They should be ignored. If it isn't 'Santa', it would be something else; there is no end to petty sniveling, thanks to Affluenza and culture wars among people who don't have enough to do.

huh? :dunno:

Neurotics always have issues. They should be ignored. If it isn't 'Santa', it would be something else; there is no end to petty sniveling, thanks to Affluenza and culture wars among people who don't have enough to do.

Halloween, Christmas, Easter,.. these kind of people that I'm talking about are always whining about something. I was told about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny when I was a child. I wasn't scarred for life when I stopped believing in them. I just look at it as a fun part in my childhood. I didn't stop believing in God either which is what I know another argument that these uptight Christians make.

Santa gave me a bicycle one year. Jesus gave me guilt, shame, and several mental illnesses. The bicycle is long gone but the mental illnesses are still around so I think Jesus is a little bit better at giving gifts. I got rid of the guilt and shame but had it for a really long time. He even gives some people eternal life.

Santa needs to pick up the pace if he is going to compete with Jesus.

Well. Christmas is really about the festival of Saturnalia. That doesn't really resonate with Christians as they really aren't into the whole winter solstice thing, or the paying of respects to "Pagan" (Any other) God's. So Santa is a pretty hard pass for lots of Christians...

Well. Christmas is really about the festival of Saturnalia. That doesn't really resonate with Christians as they really aren't into the whole winter solstice thing, or the paying of respects to "Pagan" (Any other) God's. So Santa is a pretty hard pass for lots of Christians...

Modern Christmas is more consistent with the holiday of Yule than Saturnalia. Saturn was born on December 25 but that’s about it. Saturnalia was violent. Yule was the last celebration of the year where they killed all the animals they couldn’t feed through the winter and hosted a massive feast. They got together with all their family and friends because some of them would be dead by the end of winter. The evergreen tree was a sign of defiance against the harshness of winter. The goal was to live through the winter like the evergreen.

Saturnalia was celebrated in England and celebrated in America under the name of Christmas but that nonsense was banned. The Christmas we know today is an adaptation of Yule.

So a fat generous jolly guy is a great addition to the holiday of Yule.

Santa Claus alias Saint Nicholas:

Nikola_from_1294.jpg

Halloween, Christmas, Easter,.. these kind of people that I'm talking about are always whining about something. I was told about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny when I was a child. I wasn't scarred for life when I stopped believing in them. I just look at it as a fun part in my childhood. I didn't stop believing in God either which is what I know another argument that these uptight Christians make.

All Christian holy days always have elements for children. And children need "magic moments". I'm sure not to let children live in their magic world could cause psychological problems. You can see this psychological problems very well when some people try to convince poor children Santa not exists. Weird people: How can this be when in his passport is written "born in March, 12th, 270 AD"?

Last edited:
Santa is an American creation based on an old story. Coca Cola was first to make the most popular image of Santa Claus in America. Christians remember the story of the Birth of Jesus. Both are not mutually unacceptable. It's all for fun and celebration. We all need to lighten up.

Originally, kids were taught that if they didn't act like decent human beings, they would be punished at Christmas. They would receive a 'lump of coal.' In America that tradition as morphed into a day of family celebration, winter pent up energy and the giving of presents thanks to abundance, a free market and a general belief that Christmas should be held as a sacred human experience. Long Live Santa Claus!!

Last edited:

It must be almost December---here come all the unbelievers telling us we're celebrating our holiday wrong.

It's all so many sour grapes.

It must be almost December---here come all the unbelievers telling us we're celebrating our holiday wrong.

It's all so many sour grapes.
A question was asked. I have an answer. Who told you you were celebrating your holiday wrong? I don’t recall the Bible laying out how Christmas was to be celebrated, or when. Now that I think about it… I don’t remember the word Christmas even being in the Bible…

A question was asked. I have an answer. Who told you you were celebrating your holiday wrong? I don’t recall the Bible laying out how Christmas was to be celebrated, or when. Now that I think about it… I don’t remember the word Christmas even being in the Bible…

Watch this forum in the next month, like clockwork. Unbelievers crying about Yule, crying about Solstice, crying about trees and stuff most Christians have heard a million times.

Mostly, it comes down to people who hate God and hate Jesus still wanting to partake in the celebration, but feeling like hypocrites. Yeah, you think? So the way they deal with it is to justify by saying CHRISTmas is not REALLY a CHRISTian holiday.

Whatever. Go suck a lemon or sing a Santa song, I don't really care. It won't ruin my joy or my celebration either way.

Watch this forum in the next month, like clockwork. Unbelievers crying about Yule, crying about Solstice, crying about trees and stuff most Christians have heard a million times.

Mostly, it comes down to people who hate God and hate Jesus still wanting to partake in the celebration, but feeling like hypocrites. Yeah, you think? So the way they deal with it is to justify by saying CHRISTmas is not REALLY a CHRISTian holiday.

Whatever. Go suck a lemon or sing a Santa song, I don't really care. It won't ruin my joy or my celebration either way.
Mostly the only folks I’ve seen passionate about saying Christmas isn’t a Christian holiday, are the Jehovahs Witnesses…

Mostly the only folks I’ve seen passionate about saying Christmas isn’t a Christian holiday, are the Jehovahs Witnesses…

It's not just the JWs. I'm sure I'll part ways with many of my fellow Christians here, but for a number of reasons I've kind of changed my view on Christmas. I'll still get together with my family, of course.... but the older I get in Christ, the more I see it differently than I used to.

I think Jesus was actually born in September... and what's interesting to me is that if mid-September is when He was actually born, it's likely that Jesus was conceived at or around December 25th.... which is the time of Hanukkah, or the Celebration of Lights.... which makes sense to me, since Jesus is the Light of the world. That's just my take on it, and my views on the holy days I should be observing are still evolving as I learn more. (Kinda off topic, but I just wanted to say that)

Nah, online it's all over. Watch this space, like I said, for the next month.

At root it's horridly impolite. Imagine telling a group of people they have no business celebrating their long held historical holiday because you're sour grapes about it.

ONLY Christianity.

It's not just the JWs. I'm sure I'll part ways with many of my fellow Christians here, but for a number of reasons I've kind of changed my view on Christmas. I'll still get together with my family, of course.... but the older I get in Christ, the more I see it differently than I used to.

I think Jesus was actually born in September... and what's interesting to me is that if mid-September is when He was actually born, it's likely that Jesus was conceived at or around December 25th.... which is the time of Hanukkah, or the Celebration of Lights.... which makes sense to me, since Jesus is the Light of the world. (Kinda off topic, but I just wanted to say that)

I think He was born in March, actually. At any rate, Christmas is FAR from my favorite holiday. My two faves, by far, are Thanksgiving and the 4th of July. I feel like I don't *need* Christmas and Easter as holidays, because I carry those celebrations with me every day.

I appreciate Christmas and Easter, like you, and don't ignore them. I'm looking at my Christmas tree right now. But I just don't LOVE Christmas.

Forum List

Back