Sandwich question

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
When making the "perfect" peanut butter and jelly (PBJ) sandwich, what is the proper amount of peanunt butter and the proper amount of jelly to use? Is there a math formula for this question? I know you need to have a full glass of cold milk when serving this item but I'm a bit confused on the proper amounts of each ingredient.

I need the advice of a sammie expert.

When making the "perfect" peanut butter and jelly (PBJ) sandwich, what is the proper amount of peanunt butter and the proper amount of jelly to use? Is there a math formula for this question? I know you need to have a full glass of cold milk when serving this item but I'm a bit confused on the proper amounts of each ingredient.

1.62 PB:1 jelly

Does this formula work with both crunchy and smooth peanut butter?

Substitute jelly for this:

11430859.preview.jpg

I cover one piece with peanut butter, medium thickness, then put a few swipes on the other piece. I then use a chili spoon, and just one scoop. And trust me, I have done a good amount of testing.

I cover one piece with peanut butter, medium thickness, then put a few swipes on the other piece. I then use a chili spoon, and just one scoop. And trust me, I have done a good amount of testing.

Hurry it up, or end up like your avatar.. :cool:

Does this formula work with both crunchy and smooth peanut butter?

Crunchy peanut butter, being dryer, requires a higher ratio of PB:J - more like 1:1.

And Jelly < Jam (especially strawberry)

Hey Count!
I think much depends on the individual. Personally, I love a whole lot of peanut butter, making sure one piece of bread is covered completely. Not too thick that it'll stick to the roof of my mouth, but just enough to be squishy and creamy. I don't like jelly. Gasp! :eek: Actually, I buy Concord Grape Jam, but I'm still not crazy about it. So, if jam is going on in place of say ... bananas, then it just a thin and I mean thin layer of jam.

Grilled PB & Banana....Just like ELVIS!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!

Forum List

Back