Sands of Iwo Jima

What about all the smoking?

Men really didn't give a shit about the dangers of smoking when they have more immediate dangers of Japs shooting at you while you are just minding your own business going to the beach. The Japanese people are noted for their supposed politeness, but they didn't show too much of it back in the 1940's.

More WWII vets were killed by getting addicted to cigarettes in the Army than were killed by Jap bullets
..well, the coffee killed 2 Marines on Iwo Jima

The best way to honor veterans is to honor the men and women they are right now rather than relive the battles they managed to survive. Memorial day should be entirely about solemnly mourning the high cost of war rather than glorifying war itself.
how about those who died that gave you the freedom to spew ignorance like you just did?
What about them? I said we should honor the veterans rather than glorify war. Is there some problem you have with that?
no one is glorifying the war--stop it

The best way to honor veterans is to honor the men and women they are right now rather than relive the battles they managed to survive. Memorial day should be entirely about solemnly mourning the high cost of war rather than glorifying war itself.
If you're a veteran, thank you for your opinion.
If not, STFU ... :cool:
I am, but I do not think it makes my opinion worth more than anyone else's.
playing call of duty on PlayStation doesn't make you a Vet.
Idiot, I am an honorably discharged veteran of the Army 101st airborne division, Fort Campbell KY. You can kiss my fucking ass.

how about those who died that gave you the freedom to spew ignorance like you just did?
What about them? I said we should honor the veterans rather than glorify war. Is there some problem you have with that?
No what you said in that quote is not what you are saying now.
However if you don't know the battles they fought in and the history of those battles you'll never understand the toll they paid for the freedoms you have today.

Idiot, I am an honorably discharged veteran of the Army 101st airborne division, Fort Campbell KY. You can kiss my fucking ass.
sure you are but most who have served don't have your views

Memorial Day is for mourning all the lives lost for the empire.
as it should be

Glory is not worth shit when you are homeless. We have thousands of veterans who have been abandoned by the nation. Fix that and then you might have some glory you can actually take some credit for.

Glory is not worth shit when you are homeless. We have thousands of veterans who have been abandoned by the nation. Fix that and then you might have some glory you can actually take some credit for.
thanks to Obama who hates America and whites

The VA has all kinds of programs to house homeless veterans. In my opinion, if you're a vet that is homeless, it's mainly your fault for not reaching out for help. (drugs, alcohol, may be a factor) ... :cool:

Again Vets don't shit on their dead brothers and sisters as you leftist do. It's called HONOR something a vet has inside

Same shit has been going on since Nam. It's not like no one knew that military service, especially during war, produces a lot of deeply damaged individuals. No one in power really wants to confront the true cost of dubious wars for profit.

Again Vets don't shit on their dead brothers and sisters as you leftist do. It's called HONOR something a vet has inside
Don't really see where you think I am shitting on anyone by saying we should concentrate on the cost of war on memorial day. You have 364 other days of the year to glorify sending our soldiers off to fight dubious wars.

Same shit has been going on since Nam. It's not like no one knew that military service, especially during war, produces a lot of deeply damaged individuals. No one in power really wants to confront the true cost of dubious wars for profit.
name the wars for profit please

Every one since Korea.

Every one since Korea.
wrong --
Vietnam for profit!!??? hahahhahahaha
you just BLURT out babblecrap

Every one since Korea.
and prove it

That's bullshit, the vast majority of fellows who fight wars aren't "deeply damaged" at all.

That's bullshit, the vast majority of fellows who fight wars aren't "deeply damaged" at all.

Everyone who had to fight in a war paid a price, even if they don't like to admit it. Some paid more than others. Do you even care about those who saw enough horror to break their minds? This subset of war veterans, these perceived weaklings, are persona non grata when it comes time to honor our veterans.

Don't really see where you think I am shitting on anyone by saying we should concentrate on the cost of war on memorial day. You have 364 other days of the year to glorify sending our soldiers off to fight dubious wars.
Only a Vet would have an understanding of that

Forum List

Back