San Jose California attemps to reform pensions

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Communist unions across the country are already mobilizing to stop the democracy of San Jose citizens who don't want their city to go into bankruptcy paying city employees.

San Jose has realized limiting pensions of new employees will not save them.

Governor Moonbeam has been dodging the issue so far.

the San Jose police department and fire department are already up-in-arms , worried they may not get big money for sitting on their ass

Maybe someone will learn the value of other people's money!

Doubt it.

If Detroit example did not teach them anything - only personal landing up without a pension will.

preventing that is obviously out of question for the greedy idiots.

Assuming I am reading between the linkless hyperbole correctly, it is instructive how in this case a local government is looking to break a long held contract with (communist!?!) fire fighters/cops and is considered by this nutball to be fully justified in doing so. But when the discussion is on foreclosures by banks issuing usurious mortgages the teabagger narrative is "sorry sucker, you signed on the dotted line now live with it, buyer beware loooser". What the hell is their fucking problem? A working person/consumer should be able to count on the agreements they make with powerful entities but this growing eagerness on their part to cheer when the little guy loses is terribly worrisome. Pensions are becoming a thing of the past, don't know what the hell these assholes think old people are going to do when personal retirement accounts and SS finally buckle to their relentless onslaught of greed enablement.

The proper approach would be to allow the situation to continue. Then, when all the money is gone, default into bankruptcy and dissolve. Turn local government back to the state and let them sort it out. Then, in the fullness of time, the state can dissolve and let the feds figure it out.

I'm sure they'll find a way to increase taxes enough to make it all come out peachy-keen.

Until there's nobody left with anything left to tax!

True equality, that.

Maybe bigots and those envious of others might consider the reality of what police and firefighters do for a living, and what is required of them. At any minute on any shift they may be called upon to risk their own life to protect the property or life of others.

Maybe bigots and those envious of others might consider the reality of what police and firefighters do for a living, and what is required of them. At any minute on any shift they may be called upon to risk their own life to protect the property or life of others.

They are looking forward to that first big bowl of soylent green with extra butter substitute, hmmmnnmmnmmmm public servants.

Yessireee....all taxpayers in Cali are bigots including my great-great grandchildren who are not even a glimmer in any of my children's eyes.
Yessireee... my GG children are 'envious' :cuckoo:
CalPERS and CalSTRS encompass many more jobs than safety.
Defined pensions are what make cities go bankrupt.
Cali CAN'T afford this!

Pension Reform Act of 2014, filed with California Secretary of State office 10/15/2013

aiCIO - Californian Unfunded Liabilities: Double What We Thought

(June 13, 2013) - California's unfunded pension liabilities for all state and local governments combined is roughly $329 billion, according to Moody's new actuarial method—nearly double the original estimate of $128 billion.

Remember, unfunded liabilities are NOT in the state budget.

Last edited:

Police I agree. I think they are underpaid and under supported from the brass for the most part. However firefighters are vastly overpaid in my opinion. The best way to find someone in the trades here in my area is to go the local firehouse. An amazing percentage work so little that they have second jobs they do while also working for the fire department.

One of them has enough time to go and take her daughter on trips all over the US on kayak competitions.

I know a Sacramento Battalion Chief who is so busy he can leave any time he wants to to go to a gun show (where he sells his wares) in whatever part of the country a good one happens to be. All the while pulling down over 185,000 a year.

San Jose will join all the other cities who have been driven into bankruptcy by bloated pensions. What a shame that these lessons have to be so bitter.

Yessireee....all taxpayers in Cali are bigots including my great-great grandchildren.
Yessireee... my GG children are 'envious' :cuckoo:
CalPERS and CalSTRS encompass many more jobs than safety.
Defined pensions are what make cities go bankrupt.
Cali CAN'T afford this!

Pension Reform Act of 2014, filed with California Secretary of State office 10/15/2013

aiCIO - Californian Unfunded Liabilities: Double What We Thought

(June 13, 2013) - California's unfunded pension liabilities for all state and local governments combined is roughly $329 billion, according to Moody's new actuarial method—nearly double the original estimate of $128 billion.

Remember, unfunded liabilities are NOT in the state budget.

It's true. The pension I receive is obscene when compared to the average Joe. Of course my pension and benefits are miniscule when compared to the salary and benefits of CEO's and CFO's, those who never once ran into harms way. And of course I was responding directly to the post where cops and firefighters were singled out.

Isn't it true a contract is binding? Or do you only believe it to be so when you benefit?

Does the good faith and credit of the government mean anything, or is that so only when you benefit?

The contracts were signed off by elected officials previously approved by a County Manager and his staff. Nothing illegal, no hint of fraud (ever hear of Enron?) and we actually worked (ever see how many days of 'work' the H. of Rep. is in session? When will they take a pay cut, and give up their benefits?).

Last edited:
Communist unions across the country are already mobilizing to stop the democracy of San Jose citizens who don't want their city to go into bankruptcy paying city employees.

San Jose has realized limiting pensions of new employees will not save them.

Governor Moonbeam has been dodging the issue so far.

the San Jose police department and fire department are already up-in-arms , worried they may not get big money for sitting on their ass

The largest percentage of property taxes contribute to public employee pensions and benefits.
The taxpayer have had it with this shit.
Taxpayers are sick and tired of seeing the people that are paid to SERVE the public getting a better deal than the people paying for the services.

Yeah. And ?
The money to pay people not to work has run out.
Taxes on property owners have reached their level of the ability of property owners to absorb the expense.
It's OVER.....Government agencies are going to have to figure out another way to fund the retirements of former public workers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back