San Fran Dems Show What a Real Attack on the Press Is

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
And of course the Left are silent about it.

San Francisco’s mayor shows the country what a real attack on the free press looks like.

For all the screaming about President Trump’s rhetorical attacks on the news media, nothing he has done comes close to what is happening now in San Francisco.

Oddly enough, many of the same journalists who have spent the last three years resisting the White House’s supposed war on the newsroom (which, incidentally, has landed them plush media profiles and lucrative book deals and speaking gigs) have not had a lot to say this week about San Francisco Mayor London Breed’s endorsement of her police department’s flagrant violations of freelancer Bryan Carmody’s First Amendment rights. . . .

Carmody claims he was restrained in handcuffs for nearly six hours as the authorities ransacked his home, seizing “laptops, phones and hard drives — including all the images and documents he had archived from his 29-year career as a reporter and cameraman,” the report adds.

Law enforcement officials have neither denied nor contradicted the freelancer’s version of events. The San Francisco Police Department has not yet returned Carmody’s equipment. The raid, which was approved by two trial court judges, also included agents from the FBI.

And all because Carmody refused to give up a confidential source, as is his right. The mayor sees it differently, though, and she is digging in. . . .

In the words of Iranian American freelancer Yashar Ali, who has done a lot of work drawing attention to Carmody’s predicament, the actions taken by San Francisco law enforcement and Breed’s subsequent “endorsement are no different than what you would see in an autocratic regime. Raiding a [journalists’] home and seizing his equipment!!”

Ali also makes a good point about the deafening silence from national reporters who are normally Johnny-on-the-spot with ultra-somber warnings about the perils of Trump hurling insults in their general direction. (I guess those reporters are too busy with the really important stuff, like retweeting their fans and recording audiobooks.)

“Some of you who are ready to march on Washington when a reporter gets a rude reply from the White House are not showing concern for the story in the thread below,” Ali noted. “It’s really pissing me off how many people are silent about it or have shown little concern. You’re hypocrites.”

I have lived, and still do, in republican strongholds and twice have been violated in the same manner...Your point being is not that it is politically motivated what cops do they just like being sovereign citizens.

Oh my. Cops busted into a guy's place and took a lot of his stuff while he was handcuffed, and then they declined to release a statement at the time they were asked about it. I'll bet that has never happened before.

Oh my. Cops busted into a guy's place and took a lot of his stuff while he was handcuffed, and then they declined to release a statement at the time they were asked about it. I'll bet that has never happened before.

Wow, so because a progressive did it, it's OK.

If Trump did the exact same thing to one of his leakers, you would throw a fit.

Fucking Hypocrite.

I look forward to Trump handcuffing White House reporters who he doesn’t like and going thru their personal records to find sources with your total support.

The crazy left following in their leaders footsteps. Remember when 44 did the same thing? But let a Republican talk even mildly bad about the press and they yell fascist, Hitler, suppression and all sorts of other derogatory remarks.

Fucking Hypocrite.

I don't know enough about the situation to have an opinion. I just know those police tactics are standard, and happen every day.

I look forward to Trump handcuffing White House reporters who he doesn’t like and going thru their personal records to find sources with your total support.
Trump would have already done that if he thought he could get away with it.

Get away with it? So Trump can’t do what Democrats do. Thanks for validating the OP.

Fucking Hypocrite.

I don't know enough about the situation to have an opinion. I just know those police tactics are standard, and happen every day.

Journalists are raided to find sources every day?

Wow, the politically mandated willful ignorance on you part is astounding.

What I find strange is that D leadership is oblivious to the fact that their extra-constitutional antics are likely to be rebuked severely by the courts, this year. Raising taxes this year because of stupid antics like this and then again because of tax flight is going to hurt them bigly going into the general election. My question is how stupid are they?

What I find strange is that D leadership is oblivious to the fact that their extra-constitutional antics are likely to be rebuked severely by the courts, this year. Raising taxes this year because of stupid antics like this and then again because of tax flight is going to hurt them bigly going into the general election. My question is how stupid are they?

After blowing a trillion dollar hole in our budget to give tax breaks to the rich, I'm surprised the right would have the balls to bring that up.

And of course the Left are silent about it.

San Francisco’s mayor shows the country what a real attack on the free press looks like.

For all the screaming about President Trump’s rhetorical attacks on the news media, nothing he has done comes close to what is happening now in San Francisco.

Oddly enough, many of the same journalists who have spent the last three years resisting the White House’s supposed war on the newsroom (which, incidentally, has landed them plush media profiles and lucrative book deals and speaking gigs) have not had a lot to say this week about San Francisco Mayor London Breed’s endorsement of her police department’s flagrant violations of freelancer Bryan Carmody’s First Amendment rights. . . .

Carmody claims he was restrained in handcuffs for nearly six hours as the authorities ransacked his home, seizing “laptops, phones and hard drives — including all the images and documents he had archived from his 29-year career as a reporter and cameraman,” the report adds.

Law enforcement officials have neither denied nor contradicted the freelancer’s version of events. The San Francisco Police Department has not yet returned Carmody’s equipment. The raid, which was approved by two trial court judges, also included agents from the FBI.

And all because Carmody refused to give up a confidential source, as is his right. The mayor sees it differently, though, and she is digging in. . . .

In the words of Iranian American freelancer Yashar Ali, who has done a lot of work drawing attention to Carmody’s predicament, the actions taken by San Francisco law enforcement and Breed’s subsequent “endorsement are no different than what you would see in an autocratic regime. Raiding a [journalists’] home and seizing his equipment!!”

Ali also makes a good point about the deafening silence from national reporters who are normally Johnny-on-the-spot with ultra-somber warnings about the perils of Trump hurling insults in their general direction. (I guess those reporters are too busy with the really important stuff, like retweeting their fans and recording audiobooks.)

“Some of you who are ready to march on Washington when a reporter gets a rude reply from the White House are not showing concern for the story in the thread below,” Ali noted. “It’s really pissing me off how many people are silent about it or have shown little concern. You’re hypocrites.”
Has anyone sent this to Chris Cuomo?

There is no oppression like that from Communists. As a system of government it has killed many more than any other. SF libs are straight Commies.

Get away with it? So Trump can’t do what Democrats do. Thanks for validating the OP.
there is no immigration clause. the right wing cannot faithfully execute our naturalization clause. that is why.

jimacoastasfbjasasehposlol.jpg

There is no oppression like that from Communists. As a system of government it has killed many more than any other. SF libs are straight Commies.

No, even the idiots running SF do not consider themselves competent to run a communist nation. they're just a pack of halfwitted wannabee fascists who can't figure out how to goose step

Forum List

Back