San Antonio and Austin

This is the last trip I get to take with my kid before he goes to college out of state. He was supposed to go overseas but that trip was cancelled. So, before I unleash him on the world, we are going to do some stuff. We have been to the Ford Presidential Library and Museum, the Clinton Presidential Museum and we are going to hit here:
Home - The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and The Sixth Floor Museum | The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza driving in. At some point we are going over to Austin to hit this one:
LBJ Presidential Library and the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue.

he has to see the Alamo and the other 4 missions.
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

We are going to go here:

I wouldn't mind hitting here:

That's the plan.

Better hurry.....they might not be around long.

Abbot needs to make up his mind. If Texas is going to shut back down then I will not be going there.

If you liked Trump's response to the Pandemic, you'll love Abbott's. He's 3X as clueless as the blob. I speak to someone in Texas every day just about--lots of family and friends down there. You can walk into one store in any town--you pick it--and nobody has a mask on and you're welcome to come in. You can walk into the same store later with a different manager on duty and you can't go in without a mask. Better to have the mask on you instead of being turned away is what I'm gathering. You can always take it off.

As for touristy things...the things that you'd probably be interested in; you're screwed if you're destination is any official government building. I suggest you stick with the attraction's websites for up to the minute information....I put some below

Natural Bridge Caverns | Naturally Amazing Surprisingly Open....

LBJ Presidential Library Closed

The Alamo Closed

Hotels in San Antonio TX | Official Site | The Historic Menger Hotel Honeymooned there with my spouse.... The Colonial Room brunch on weekends is not to be missed.

Black's BBQ Depends on what day you visit...excellent food most times; charred remains of a once proud animal others

Cooper's BBQ Consistently great but Blacks is better.

Maudie's Tex-Mex - Enjoy True Tex-Mex At Your Neighborhood Mexican Restaurant Outstanding place!

The Official San Antonio River Walk ehh....

Home - Buc-ees Bring your checkbook!

The Original Blanco cafe Closed Sunday....;-( Not to be missed

Where To Eat in Downtown San Antonio, TX | 24 Hour Restaurant Over-rated but a rite of passage for any tourist in SA

Salt Lick BBQ | Like No Other - Since 1967 Never saw what the big deal about this place was but the place is always packed.

Home - GRUENE HALL Closed but well worth the look

Also check out Hippie Hollow. If you dare.
Really? Hippie hollow?

It's a mom and son trip, you pervert.
(SMH)

Well, nearly all left wing politics is rooted in some sort sexual degeneracy and neurosis, so we can't expect them to have values and morals, they're too clueless about human empathy and lack the necessary awareness needed to develop that.

Austin is pretty awful due to the traffic. Takes forever to get anywhere during the daytime hours when everything is open. You might want to call ahead and make sure many of those places are open, as well; many have restricted hours or are closed due to the virus thing, and with the big upsurge in cases here it could change on a moment's notice.

Doesn't anybody ever go to Palo Duro Canyon or Big Bend any more? Who wants to see cites when on vacation?
I been planning a motorcycle camping trip to the Palo Duro canyon.
They have some really cool cabins you can stay in.

I haven't been in a while, but it used to be fun; everyone should go at least once. I like Big Bend and eastern OK and northern Arkansas better as far as local stuff goes, but even they get old after a while. It should make a good bike trip, yes.

The Alamo is in downtown San Antonio, while you're there you might think above visiting the riverwalk and try some authentic tex-mex food. It ain't spicy unless you ask for it that way.
They have a kayak tour on the river, too.

LOL, just make sure you stay in the kayak, that water ain't exactly what you'd call pristine if you get my drift.
What? That water was very clean when I was there, very pretty and you could see to the bottom.

Depends maybe on when you go. I believe it's once a year in the winter they drain the river and clean it out as best they can and then let the water flow back in. And by summer it ain't real clean, I wouldn't want to fall in. Some years probably are different from others, and I haven't been down there is several years, so maybe things have changed. Great place to go though.

I went in the middle of summer. In the 80s. :eek2yum:
My 1st introduction to salsa and guacamole. Riverwalk Cantina, right next to the bridge.
I didn't get a Jim Bowie knife, but I got an Alamo pocketknife.

Been there. Enchiladas, refried beans, tortillas, a little lettuce salad and ice tea on the river walk. Can't do better than that.
Nice place. Pretty sure that's where I learned to love Enchiladas.

What are they?

You're kidding right?

Austin is pretty awful due to the traffic. Takes forever to get anywhere during the daytime hours when everything is open. You might want to call ahead and make sure many of those places are open, as well; many have restricted hours or are closed due to the virus thing, and with the big upsurge in cases here it could change on a moment's notice.

Doesn't anybody ever go to Palo Duro Canyon or Big Bend any more? Who wants to see cites when on vacation?

Big Bend is beautiful no doubt!!!
But be prepared to be stopped by the border patrol.

This is the last trip I get to take with my kid before he goes to college out of state. He was supposed to go overseas but that trip was cancelled. So, before I unleash him on the world, we are going to do some stuff. We have been to the Ford Presidential Library and Museum, the Clinton Presidential Museum and we are going to hit here:
Home - The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and The Sixth Floor Museum | The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza driving in. At some point we are going over to Austin to hit this one:

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.

Abbot needs to make up his mind. If Texas is going to shut back down then I will not be going there.

If you liked Trump's response to the Pandemic, you'll love Abbott's. He's 3X as clueless as the blob. I speak to someone in Texas every day just about--lots of family and friends down there. You can walk into one store in any town--you pick it--and nobody has a mask on and you're welcome to come in. You can walk into the same store later with a different manager on duty and you can't go in without a mask. Better to have the mask on you instead of being turned away is what I'm gathering. You can always take it off.

As for touristy things...the things that you'd probably be interested in; you're screwed if you're destination is any official government building. I suggest you stick with the attraction's websites for up to the minute information....I put some below

The Alamo Closed

Hotels in San Antonio TX | Official Site | The Historic Menger Hotel Honeymooned there with my spouse.... The Colonial Room brunch on weekends is not to be missed.

Black's BBQ Depends on what day you visit...excellent food most times; charred remains of a once proud animal others

Maudie's Tex-Mex - Enjoy True Tex-Mex At Your Neighborhood Mexican Restaurant Outstanding place!

Where To Eat in Downtown San Antonio, TX | 24 Hour Restaurant Over-rated but a rite of passage for any tourist in SA

Salt Lick BBQ | Like No Other - Since 1967 Never saw what the big deal about this place was but the place is always packed.

Really? Hippie hollow?

(SMH)

We used to hit Hippie Hollow in the boat back before it turned into homo central.
Last time we went there were homos jacking each other off in the water....disgusting.
Another fun fact...if you approach by boat you either need to stay out of rock throwing range or be nekkid.

Big Bend is beautiful no doubt!!!
But be prepared to be stopped by the border patrol.

Guadaloupe Mountains Natl Park out in far west texas is another beautiful place to go to

1597088070323.png

1597088126059.png

Long time since I was there. These ain't my pics, BTW.

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.

The Alamo Closed

Really? Hippie hollow?

(SMH)

We used to hit Hippie Hollow in the boat back before it turned into homo central.
Last time we went there were homos jacking each other off in the water....disgusting.
Another fun fact...if you approach by boat you either need to stay out of rock throwing range or be nekkid.
I've never been.
I would have considered it a few years ago but Austin is turning into the San Francisco of Texas, so I figured it would be pretty gay.
I'm not a homophobe, and one of the guys I hang out with regularly is gay..... but we don't hang out naked.
So I'm probably not going there, ever.

The Alamo is the SHIT!!!!
You can feel the history the second you see it. It gives me goose bumps every time!!!!
Especially seeing the bullet pock marked walls!
Be sure and remove your hat before entering,if you dont the guards will be sure you do.
Those men died tired, bloody, and probably screaming.

They are the luckiest men I know of.

The Alamo is in downtown San Antonio, while you're there you might think above visiting the riverwalk and try some authentic tex-mex food. It ain't spicy unless you ask for it that way.

LOL, just make sure you stay in the kayak, that water ain't exactly what you'd call pristine if you get my drift.
What? That water was very clean when I was there, very pretty and you could see to the bottom.

Depends maybe on when you go. I believe it's once a year in the winter they drain the river and clean it out as best they can and then let the water flow back in. And by summer it ain't real clean, I wouldn't want to fall in. Some years probably are different from others, and I haven't been down there is several years, so maybe things have changed. Great place to go though.

My 1st introduction to salsa and guacamole. Riverwalk Cantina, right next to the bridge.

Been there. Enchiladas, refried beans, tortillas, a little lettuce salad and ice tea on the river walk. Can't do better than that.

What are they?

You're kidding right?

Of course not.

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.

The Alamo Closed

Really? Hippie hollow?

(SMH)

I've never been.
I would have considered it a few years ago but Austin is turning into the San Francisco of Texas, so I figured it would be pretty gay.
I'm not a homophobe, and one of the guys I hang out with regularly is gay..... but we don't hang out naked.
So I'm probably not going there, ever.

Not much worth seeing these days unless you're a homo.
It's a shame...used to be some pretty hot college chicks that hung out there.

What are they?

You're kidding right?

Of course not.

Corn tortillas wrapped around beef or chicken or cheese with sauce poured over them and cheese melted on top..
Of course this just a generalization and there's much more to them.
My favorites are the cheese enchiladas. Half American,half mild chedder and a shit ton of onions inside with a light chili gravy,cheese and fresh onions and jalapeños on top.
1597093528928.png

1597093705959.png

North of Austin. Never been there but I'd like to see it- before I die.

The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum is located on the banks of the Brazos River, proudly sponsored by the City of Waco and sanctioned by the State of Texas. We preserve the history and inspire appreciation of the Texas Rangers, a legendary symbol of Texas and the American West.

If any of you Texicans are anywhere near Central Texas, San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Killeen, Temple, etc... please support local music.

Some friends of mine, the Rocky King band, is playing at the following venues. Help local establishments along the way as well.

9/26 - Texas Pride BBQ in Adkins, 8pm to 12am
9/27 - Bracken Store & Icehouse in Bracken, 3pm to 7pm
10/2 - Texas Station Event Center in Gatesville, 8pm to 12am. FMI 254-223-4445
10/10 - Martinez Social Club, East of San Antonio, 8pm to 11:30pm

Terrible recording but this is a sampling of what you can expect.

If any of you Texicans are anywhere near Central Texas, San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Killeen, Temple, etc... please support local music.

Some friends of mine, the Rocky King band, is playing at the following venues. Help local establishments along the way as well.

9/26 - Texas Pride BBQ in Adkins, 8pm to 12am
9/27 - Bracken Store & Icehouse in Bracken, 3pm to 7pm
10/2 - Texas Station Event Center in Gatesville, 8pm to 12am. FMI 254-223-4445
10/10 - Martinez Social Club, East of San Antonio, 8pm to 11:30pm

Terrible recording but this is a sampling of what you can expect.

You start by insulting Texans and then ask for us to support your buddy?
I wont see them for that very reason.
I'm sure your buddies appreciate your support.... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back